delphic's Detective Comics #4 - The Main Event review

Worst Puppet Show Ever

Of all the Batbooks that are out right now this will probably be the one that I will drop first if Tony S. Daniel remains on the book. The issue starts off with Batman as a captive of the Dollmaker and he is fighting a slew of fake jokers in an area while his limbs are bonded with high tensile wire. From there the story doesn’t go much further than Batman escaping and Dollmaker getting away. This issues biggest problem is that nothing happens at all. No character development, no story development, no interesting new twists, no anything. Like I said earlier, I’m probably going to drop this title with all the other Batbooks available, and if you haven’t picked up this title yet, do yourself a favor and don’t bother. It’s only saving grace—and I wouldn’t really call it that—Is a mysteriously homicidal little girl named Olivia, but other than that pick another title.

Posted by RazzaTazz

Harsh

Moderator

Other reviews for Detective Comics #4 - The Main Event

Attack of the Jokers 0

Tony S. Daniel wraps up the Doll Maker story line by once again drawing and writing issue four of Detective Comics. Batman wakes up to find himself strung up like a puppet facing a bunch of stitched up Joker puppets on strings. Whoever is paying for Batman to be their trophy wants him to put on a show first. Olivia, the little girl, appears to to go to the dark side all the while helping Commissioner Gordon. The Penguin sends a messenger to the Doll Maker to announce he will double the pay to ha...

Ironic 0

There isn't much detective work in this issue or in this arc overall. There has been more detective work in Batman and in The Dark Knight. It WAS a good action book. My interest was also piqued with the implied police collaboration with Dollmaker. GPD is always best for the story when the cops are corrupt because that means you don't know who to trust. I also hope that Tony Daniel follows up on the Waynetech remark. So, if this is the end of the arc, it's certainly not the end of the mega-arc.In...