User Reviews
2 (0)
1 (0)

3.75 stars 3.75/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews

Batman's first recurring enemy and the first Batmobile appearance 0

Gardner Fox returns to write "The Return of Doctor Death", the sequel to "The Batman Meets Doctor Death". In so doing, he further expands the Batman mythology. Batman again conceals gas capsules in his utility belt, and, although we've seen him in a car before, for the first time we learn that he has a "specially built high-powered auto", which would seem to indicate that this is the first Batmobile.  Doctor Death, it turns out, escaped his burning home via a trapdoor, but not before he wa...

Dr. Death Cheats Death! 0

This comic contain many historical things. One being that Batman gained a recurring villain with the likes of Dr. Death and two being that this is the first comic that features the use of the Batmobile despite it being unfamiliar to our modern eyes. So let's start with the cover! Very interesting and it totally would've caught my attention with the art and the coloring. I think this may be for the Slam Bradley feature (a character who was the original star of Detective Comics created by the sam...