• 78 results
    Avatar image for spacemanspiff85
    spacemanspiff85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I went into this expecting it to set up her ongoing series, at least a little bit. After this though, I really don't see how they can make her sympathetic at all, especially to the point of wanting to follow her as the star of her own series. Murdering a bunch of kids for no real reason just seemed really off to me. I could see Sinestro, Luthor, or Black Adam killing children "for the greater good", maybe. I don't see how this is going to lead into her new series at all, really.

LordoftheNorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc just drives me crazy when it comes to Harley, In this issue she just kills a bunch of kids for no reason and since she was cold and depressing in this isssue it comes off even worse. Then they finish off the issue with the romance that dc keeps pushing between her and deadshot which i dont understand. They also gave her a split personality which shes never had, and they made her a genius which is pointless when they give her nothing to do in Suicie Squad and her costume and how she got it completely lame. Finaly they keep pushing her further and further from the joker not becuase they think she could she could be a good villian in her own right but becuase she is popular and they can make more money off her that way

Avatar image for davidgrantlloyd
    davidgrantlloyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By davidgrantlloyd

I actually like the idea of Harley going much darker in this kind of disturbing and challenging way. She was always a good character but seemed too nice to be taken seriously as a true villain IMO This issue could be the beginning of something really unsettling (in a cool way)

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@br_havoc: you're right br! I just hope jokers daughter is half as evil as harley. Btw, I saw the solicits for decembers catwoman and ann Is still the writer! I am one lucky guy:) that would giv her the longest run on cat so far starting with issue 14. The best part is i still haven't rea d her 14-18 plus 0 issue! But yeah, im on board with this new resteucturing of harley. Drop me a line later and let me know how things have been going with you.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Absolutely sick. This is not Harley Quinn. But the sad thing is that saps like me keep buying these issues, hoping that we'll see the Harley that we used to know and love. But we keep getting this garbage and only giving money to DC's sick idea of what Harley should be like.

Absolutely shameful. This should be 0.5/5 stars.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By lifeboy

@k4tzm4n: @br_havoc: @jwalser3:

BR_Havok, you should be happy your favorite character is front and center in what I hope will be a movement into more adult directed comics.

Jmwalser3, a special edition 3D Harley Quinn cover is horrible???

K4tzBuddy, your welcome!

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By nappystr8

Ugh, this sounds terrible.

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see @joygirl's reaction to this.

Dakotashowoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide squad # 6 &7 tell her origin so much better

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@theorder14: I've heard about it before, it's ridiculous. DC is off the rails in a very permanent way.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@theorder14: I've heard about it before, it's ridiculous. DC is off the rails in a very permanent way.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@lifeboy said:

@k4tzm4n: @br_havoc: @jwalser3:

BR_Havok, you should be happy your favorite character is front and center in what I hope will be a movement into more adult directed comics.

Jmwalser3, a special edition 3D Harley Quinn cover is horrible???

K4tzBuddy, your welcome!

So I should be happy that a new writer came in stripped everything special about Harley and then turned her into a mass child killer for no reason at all? Comics are already made for adults what the industry needs is less people being lazy and adding nothing but shock into comics for no reason. It did not progress the story it did nothing and that is a failure on the writers part.

This Harley Quinn is not my favorite character she is just a cheap and crappy knock off of Dini and Timm's great character.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whats wrong you man?i loved this issue!

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@br_havoc said:

This Harley Quinn is not my favorite character she is just a cheap and crappy knock off of Dini and Timm's great character.

This. Sticking the name "Harley Quinn" on a character does not mean that it's the same character that we came to love. The woman in this issue is not Harley Quinn. The woman in Suicide Squad is not Harley Quinn.

And nobody should presume to say that we should "be happy" that Harley is getting so much face-time. Because what is the use of giving her face-time if it's not the character that we actually want to see?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66  Edited By jwalser3

@lifeboy:

Yeah, her face looks terrible on the cover.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By DecoyElite

Yeah agree with you for the most part here K4tz, although I felt that the art while good didn't really fit the tone they were going for.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#68 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Yeah agree with you for the most part here K4tz, although I felt that the art while good didn't really fit the tone they were going for.

Although? But I practically said the same thing, silly! :P

I wouldn't say this style the best fit for some of the grim material, but it's still fantastic illustrating and coloring nonetheless.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

DarePool53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would have been a great book had it been for a more appropriate character. The lugubrious tone of it doesn't behoove Harley Quinn. Though, I do have huge respect, like the reviewer, for Matt Kindt and his work. He seems to revel in the sinister stuff.

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

I'm honestly really bothered by this.

I mean, she won't get punished for this, and she needs to be beaten to death.

AND HAVING A BAD CHILDHOOD DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE ALLOWED TO KILL SO MUCH!!!

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

@lifeboy: Why? So people can start getting off to all this death? I honestly believe this is fetish territory.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cafeterialoca: Dude I am confused as to how Harley's childhood was traumatic? This issue was terribly written.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
    Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: I can't tell if her dad was hitting her or just grabbing her. God, this reads like a fan-fic, "What if Harley Quinn was abused as a child? And fell in Joker Acid! And assembled her costume from murdered cheerleaders and a hooker! And killed children with exploding gameboys!"

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BR_Havoc

@dctv3363: I think her dad hitting her is a stretch. Seems to me she just had Lisa Simpson syndrome where she lived in a crazy house with no one nurturing her intellect. If that qualifies as a rough upbringing, there is something seriously wrong with the world.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

@dctv3363: I think her dad hitting her is a stretch. Seems to me she just had Lisa Simpson syndrome where she lived in a crazy house with no one nurturing her intellect. If that qualifies as a rough upbringing, there is something seriously wrong with the world.

Actually that could mean the world is such a great place that that's considered rough by comparison, but of course its not.

No Caption Provided

I think this is the panel that gave me that idea, but yeah its a stretch.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dctv3363:

Huh that is an optimistic outlook, I just had enough of the angst at DC all their villains we are supposed to pity now because of these specials. They all have "tragic" back stories and it just seems like the writers are too lazy to find a good way to have fans feel sympathy or care about a villain.

Marionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Yeah, it seems like just about every villain book is about them having a bad childhood, I don't think it would be that hard to make a book where you can identify with the villain without having to shove in a bad upbringing. Maybe some of them where just born that way? Or maybe we don't have to identify with every villain, and could just read stories about the villains being villains. I'm just talking about villains month in general by the way.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
    The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@herokiller12344 said:

Oh my God. It truly is the 90s all over again. You got Harley ripping people in half left, right, and center and they still have her in this skimpy outfit for no other reason than: "Hehehe, boobies"

What are you doing DC?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not fun, kind of stupid explanation for her costume, seems like the wrong kind of dark, a bit soon to alter her origin again, not really blown away by the art.

I didn't expect much, and it met my expectations. I think I'd maybe give it a 2/5, or possibly 1/5. I may have even preferred the Joker issue to this.

It's sad that this is what Harley is now. :/

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: tou were right. That comic was bad. I thought it was going to be bloody. Thats how I like my villians. But this was just boring. It diserved 2 stars.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.