Follow

Derek Hale

Character » Derek Hale appears in 3 issues.

A local badboy, then revealed werewolf. In exchange for his help, Derek agreed to teach the new werewolf recruit Scott McCall on the ways of the 'wolf. After the battle between the alpha werewolf, the hunters and the beta werewolves, Derek became the new Alpha werewolf.

Is Derek still a Alpha

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still believe that Derek is a alpha I think that he drained his energy for a little bit. Derek was able to bring his dead uncle back to life, I do understand that he had to purge her entire body of the evil magic and wound but she was still alive and a werewolf with its own healing factor

And Derek was just supercharged before this with the life force of Boyd.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Nope, I'm pretty sure Derek is officially a Beta again since the end of 3a.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: that's what it looks like and I hate it I like Derek so much more than Scott don't get me wrong he a cool guy.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

I think that sense Derek's eyes are now yellow that he will become a true alpha the only reason why he did not become one before is because he ended Paige's pain he and Scott are the same person in different times this is the reason why derek has thrown Scott out of the way and taken the bullet for him many times he wants to protect Scott and stop him from making the same mistakes.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: He is a beta and its just terrible writing that hes not an aplha but they just want scott to be an alpha even though derek is much better at it

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I know he's a beta now but I bet u that he will be a alpha or true alpha by the end of the season I definitely believe this with the new yellow eyes he has I also felt like he just needed to recharge he was a alpha and then some because of Boyd

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I also take it you hate that he gave up being a alpha I guess it was cool what he did it for but it should not of taken his alpha status away it should of drained him or left him weak only or in need of Jennifer's help

I hate how the cooler and older character of the show is a beta now but I think that's going to change this season with his eyes being yellow now

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kgb725: I also take it you hate that he gave up being a alpha I guess it was cool what he did it for but it should not of taken his alpha status away it should of drained him or left him weak only or in need of Jennifer's help

I hate how the cooler and older character of the show is a beta now but I think that's going to change this season with his eyes being yellow now

Did you see last episode? I don't think not being an alpha is hurting him too much. He did far better against those berserkers than weak "True Alpha" Scott. Odd he seams to be a better fighter now then when he was an alpha. He never came across as a powerful one. Certainly not in his Uncle's league when he was at full power in the first season.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: he is not stronger as a beta and Derek has always been a great fighter he is just always fighting great odds or saving some one else and in the show alphas are all around stronger than betas also Scott doesn't know how to fight as well as Derek,Scott's alpha growl is the only thing that stopped the berserkers the first episode if it was a betas he would gotten his ass handed to him there also you have to remember Scott just got involved with this stuff not to long ago Derek's been dealing with it his whole life which gives him mostly more control and adept to his wolf abilities than compared to a bite or scratched wolf. And like I said before I think Derek deserves to be a alpha and think and truly hope he will become one again I think that with the yellow eyes is a kinda proof this is going to happen. I also don't think he used up the alpha energy I feel like he drained it and it's recharging it's not like he died and it was taken when his mother died his sister somehow became the alpha then Peter took then Derek took then became a supercharged alpha then used it to heal a dying Cora so it should still be in him just on a low charge or dormant maybe

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@bigbadwolfx0: he is not stronger as a beta

Never said he was.

and Derek has always been a great fighter he is just always fighting great odds or saving some one else and in the show alphas are all around stronger than betas

Derrick never really shown he was a particularly good fighter. He mostly used his supposed higher level of strength and speed to brawl. Everyone else has have fought great odds and didn't look much worse. He never came across as exceptional. Definitely not so compared to other alphas. It was mostly hype and attitude.

also Scott doesn't know how to fight as well as Derek,Scott's alpha growl is the only thing that stopped the berserkers the first episode if it was a betas he would gotten his ass handed to him there also you have to remember Scott just got involved with this stuff not to long ago

Scott is actually pretty good for an armature. Even before he became true alpha he was taking down other beta's. From what shown there isn't a large gap between the two. Only time I really noticed any that wasn't based on "alpha enhancement" was last episode. I don't deny Scott only survived because of his alpha growl. I pretty much already stated he was a weak alpha. Nevertheless the fact that a beta did way better than an alpha is dumb, It's been a few years that Scott has gotten involved in this. A couple at least. That isn't really not so long ago. It was alpha status that wasn't not so long ago. Though we don't know how fast you gain powers when you become an alpha. For others it seems almost right away.

Derek's been dealing with it his whole life which gives him mostly more control and adept to his wolf abilities than compared to a bite or scratched wolf.

and yet you would think he would show a greater aptitude for this. It kinda seems like you're trying to make this a Scott vs Derek thing. For the record though Alpha> young inexperienced 15 year old Beta. Only one of them is an alpha even one as weak as Scott.

And like I said before I think Derek deserves to be a alpha and think and truly hope he will become one again I think that with the yellow eyes is a kinda proof this is going to happen.

Nobody deserves to be an Alpha. You have to kill an Alpha before you can do that. Only reason Scott is one is because he is a true Alpha which is basically like a chosen one situation in it's rarity. His eye change was due to his age reverse to a point before he tried to turn his girlfriend which killed her. IIRC. It has nothing to do with a road to alpha status.

I also don't think he used up the alpha energy I feel like he drained it and it's recharging it's not like he died and it was taken when his mother died his sister somehow became the alpha then Peter took then Derek took then became a supercharged alpha then used it to heal a dying Cora so it should still be in him just on a low charge or dormant maybe

Derick lost half of his alpha when his Uncle was resurrected. He gave up his other half to save his sister. Which is why she gained. Even if he gets back what he used for his sister it would only be half an alpha. His mother hasn't anything to do with this.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman:

In almost every fight derek is doing some kind of flip while kicking which is not easy and it's never stated that Derek lost half of his alpha when Peter came back also when Derek was de aged he had blue eyes which mean after Paige and now that he is older again his eyes are yellow now which makes no sense unless his "wolf soul" is now clean of a kill and like I and Peter had said Scott is doing the same thing that Derek did at that age in fact they are a lot alike.

And derek didn't give his alpha power to his sister he used it to heal her and his alpha came from his mother then his older sister then Peter then him there is no such thing as a half alpha and even if he was alpha what about when he took Boyd's power. And it's not derek vs Scott I like Scott

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: Scott was getting beat by a beta/omega in season 3b until the twins came along and won the fight for him. Derek is the best fighter on the show. I find scott as an aplha to be extremely weak hell of Deucalieon knew how weak he was he probably would have killed him.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dernman

@kgb725 said:

@dernman: Scott was getting beat by a beta/omega in season 3b until the twins came along and won the fight for him. Derek is the best fighter on the show. I find scott as an aplha to be extremely weak hell of Deucalieon knew how weak he was he probably would have killed him.

I've already stated Scott is weak several times. I don't know why that point keeps being pressed to me considering I don't have much respect for Scott as an alpha.

Thing is Derek hasn't shown to be that great either. He's not in the same league as his Uncle when his Uncle had all his powers who was just a normal alpha. Derek isn't the best fighter. He relied mostly on enhancements as an Alpha to win and when he came up against someone of equal power it showed. Check Kali for instance. Sure she was more powerful but you could tall she was a better fighter than Derek.

Derek isn't bad he just isn't anything special beyond hype and attitude. Lest I remind you the whole point was that he wasn't even an alpha when he took on those berserkers nor did he have the experience of his older self. So ya he's not doing to badly now compared to before.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kgb725

@dernman: Peter Malia and Dereks mom arent normal alphas

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dernman

@bigbadwolfx0 said:

@dernman:

In almost every fight derek is doing some kind of flip while kicking which is not easy and it's never stated that Derek lost half of his alpha when Peter came back also when Derek was de aged he had blue eyes which mean after Paige and now that he is older again his eyes are yellow now which makes no sense unless his "wolf soul" is now clean of a kill and like I and Peter had said Scott is doing the same thing that Derek did at that age in fact they are a lot alike.

And derek didn't give his alpha power to his sister he used it to heal her and his alpha came from his mother then his older sister then Peter then him there is no such thing as a half alpha and even if he was alpha what about when he took Boyd's power. And it's not derek vs Scott I like Scott

I'm not trying to be insulting but can you not write in one long sentence? When you write like that it creates a jumbled mess and which makes it difficult to understand. Especially when you jump from one thing to another.

I know I'm not one to talk because I'm not the best of writers either but still.

Being able to kick and do flips does not equals being a good fighter. Normal people can kick and do flips. If he need to be an alpha to do that then.........

It did state he lost half his power when Peter came back. Which is why both heaven't been as impressive since. When he was deaged he had the eyes of a non killer wolf. It was even commented on IIRC. It's because he was brought to his earlier self. When he got older again it didn't turn back it remained the non killer eyes. Peter said they were the same in personality at that age not power. Derek was never a true alpha.

I never said he gave his alpha powers to his sister. I said he gave/burned/sacrificed them when he saved her. Which he did. No Derek got his alpha power when he killed his Uncle. He wasn't an alpha before that at all. Which is why he wasn't in the same league as his real alpha uncle. Not that he was even after compared to before his uncle died.

I don't know where you're getting this about his mother and sister. Was it another media source because it certainly doesn't mash up with the main canon. I wasn't saying he was half alpha. I was saying he lost half of the alpha power to his Uncle. What about Boyed? A minimal boost is what's it's about.

Yes killing your pack makes you a but stronger but

• He only killed one member of his pack
    • Killing your pack only makes you a bit stronger it's not another level. Another level would be being the alpha of alphas like Deucalion
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dernman

@kgb725 said:

@dernman: Peter Malia and Dereks mom arent normal alphas

Derek's mom was exceptional among her race but she's no more abnormal than say a skilled/learned/or naturally athletic/smart person is to an average one. She didn't break out abnormalities. What suggests that Peter wasn't normal? Only thing is his giant wolf form and there is nothing to say other alpha's we seen couldn't do so.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: They never brought it up how certain wolves can transform so it could be genetic considering that malia was in a transformed state for a long time

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dernman

@kgb725 said:

@dernman: They never brought it up how certain wolves can transform so it could be genetic considering that malia was in a transformed state for a long time

Jeff Davis said all Alpha's can shapeshift. The rarity is when they are normal looking as possible and not the monstrous sized that was Peter. They don't do cgi more often because of budget.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I thought Derek was gonna look like Peter until I heard that statement from J. Davis

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: my bad about the sentence

But I am or was a mma fighter and to do flip kicks with any power takes skill I am not saying derek is master fighter but he has some skill.

Now with derek eyes a werewolfs eyes are yellow if they have not killed a person they are blue if they have killed a person

When Derek was de aged his eyes where blue and at the end of the episode when he turns back to his adult age and looks at Scott his eyes are now yellow which means he is clean of a human kill,also when it comes to Derek's mother she was the original alpha than his older sister , then Peter , then derek and my point was where did the power go Derek's mother died in the fire or atleast that's what they say but she died and the energy was still alive derek didn't die all he did was heal Cora for all we know it's recharging.

Other than that I think we are on the same page. What do you think about malia being able to become a full blown coyote for such a extended time that is something only a alpha is supposed to do they use the extra alpha energy to control the shapeshift

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dernman

@bigbadwolfx0: But I am or was a mma fighter and to do flip kicks with any power takes skill I am not saying derek is master fighter but he has some skill.

Most ever fighter character on the show can do flips or kicks. I 'm not saying he's particularly bad just that he's not exceptional among the characters.

Now with derek eyes a werewolfs eyes are yellow if they have not killed a person they are blue if they have killed a person.

When Derek was de aged his eyes where blue and at the end of the episode when he turns back to his adult age and looks at Scott his eyes are now yellow which means he is clean of a human kill

That's what I've been saying and that they turned yellow when he was de-aged in the temple and turning back. Being alpha or his mother has nothing to do with it. Being alpha would only turn his eyes Red they would revert to Blue when he lost his Alpha like they did. His mother would have no effect like it didn't have an effect when they first turned blue.

also when it comes to Derek's mother she was the original alpha than his older sister , then Peter , then derek and my point was where did the power go Derek's mother died in the fire or atleast that's what they say but she died and the energy was still alive derek didn't die all he did was heal Cora for all we know it's recharging.

The power didn't go to Derek because he was still a Beta at the time he confronted his Uncle. If it did go anywhere was Laura Hale who inherited it when her mother died. Then Peter killed her and become one himself. Unlike true Alpha's like Scott, other Alpha's need to take it from someone else. Derek got his when he killed Alpha Peter.

When Cora was sick he gave sacrificed what was left of his Alpha to heal Cora. He didn't need to die.

I'm usualy not one to use wiki as proof but to quote the wikie

In order to save the life of his sister Cora, long thought dead in the fire, Derek gave up the spark that made him an Alpha. His eyes turned from red back to blue.

http://teenwolf.wikia.com/wiki/Derek_Hale

Other than that I think we are on the same page. What do you think about malia being able to become a full blown coyote for such a extended time that is something only a alpha is supposed to do they use the extra alpha energy to control the shapeshift

I'm wondering if she might be Peter's child that he's been looking for. He certainly had an odd reaction to her. The guy she thought was her father might not be. Now as far as her being a coyote and not a wolf the (what you change into reflects who you are) might be extended to born shifters when they first shift.

I don't think it's so much extra energy but a certain way to control and totally giving in to the wolf.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@dernman: I think that u are getting a little messed up when Scott gets young derek from the temple his eyes are blue which means you have a human kill

They are blue thru out the whole berserker fight and only change yellow once derek reverts to older age once the fights over.

The point I had with Derek's mom is she died but the energy was passed onto his older sister Laura and so on unto derek so my point is I don't think that the energy can be used or destroyed so what I mean

Is where is it has it been passed or does it lay dormant.

Now when it comes to malia I have no doubt that she is peters child and I think that is the reason why she has such a adept abilities with her powers, I also don't think she is really a coyote anymore I think she is just a regular wolf now kinda like how Jackson was a lizard then became a wolf because that's what he wanted and was surrounded by so maybe it's the same thing with malia.

I would also like to really see more of Kira's Kitsune

Another thing that just hit me is what if derek saving Cora's life with his alpha hood is what removed the kill from his wolf soul

I also think that derek should atleast be something more than a beta he was alpha that was not killed nor was it taken in anyway I feel like he should be a shadow of a alpha or something along those lines.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@kgb725: @cascadeking09: @dernman:

So what do you guys think is going on with Derek's abilities so far he has lost his sense of smell and strength. I know that it is most likely Kate's doing but can't help but think Peter is behind this some how I always felt like he had something more to gain when Derek sacrificed his alpha hood to save Cora, the comments that Peter made feel like they are hinting at something " I'm a creature of habit" " it looks like I have more wolf strength than thought. Peter is without a doubt pretending to be weaker than he truly is, we have seen that he is in good health with the way he ran over and helped kill Jackson, we also saw this when he was badly electrocuted and lost his finger he was able to reattach his finger instantly even tho tho he had just been shocked ,finally he was able to fight of the mute with a wolvesbayne laced tomahawk in his chest (I do think mute let him go so he could get to Derek ) that had to be cleaned out with a blowtorch, the thing that bothers me with the poisoned axe is how was he able to fight back or get away, when the twins were shot with buckshot laced with wolvesbayne they were instantly knocked on there asses and were bleeding black goo from everywhere Peter was stabbed in the chest right next to his heart which means the poison would have spread much faster but it did not which means his immune system is working great, Peter is without a doubt a lot stronger and healthier than he is giving of.

@dernman I was thinking about what we both said about Scott And I think the reason why Scott has been sucking in the alpha power is because Peter is draining him some how remember what Jennifer said to Peter before he killed her "now that Scott's a alpha you can steal it"

@dernman I am finally proud of Scott being a alpha it was such a bad ass scene when the student hunter tries to kill Scott by cutting his head of from behind by putting her burning wire around Scotts neck and he just turns around without flinching while the wire is burning around his neck and with a dead serious look on his face and his eyes burning red he takes the wire with one hand and he snaps the heated wire around his like it wasn't even there.

Just badass and it's about time.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: The wire scene was great. They need to introduce more of the supernatural characters that they are hinting at. Thoughts on the episode @saint_wildcard

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Bad news and good news. Season 4 is only 12 episode but the show has been renewed for a 5th season.

@kgb725 said:

@bigbadwolfx0: The wire scene was great. They need to introduce more of the supernatural characters that they are hinting at. Thoughts on the episode @saint_wildcard

I enjoyed it, although seeing Derek be nice and say that Scott will be a great Alpha was weird for me. It shouldn't be considering they've had 3 seasons to get along. I also liked the wire scene. That chick deserved to get knocked out. I'm thinking the benefactor is that evil Grandpa.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@saint_wildcard: @saint_wildcard: I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks that it's the evil grandpa

And what do you mean by hinting at with the creatures they told us to look up the legend of the kanima for future seasons and they told us the kid was a wendigo

I honestly would like to know

And it sucks that this season is only 12 seasons but teen wolf has a quick restart

I think the only 12 episodes has to do with with then losing so many characters and the fact that derek has been treated like such crap and the fact that Scott is now finally having a alpha moment aside from when he became first became a alpha I feel like Scott played a better beta and derek a alpha and the story was better when it was older brother little brother and with derek still learning from Peter, don't get me wrong the equal brothers in arms thing is kinda ok but not great. I think that since we still Scott,Derek,Lydia,stiles, and so on I think the show still has a great chance of going on it kinda feels like this is a new season 1 with all the new people.

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bigbadwolfx0

@kgb725: @saint_wildcard:

Have you guys noticed that it seems like females have greater shifting abilities malia and Talia both shifted into full animals. I also feel like they are going to make Scott turn into a wolf also but I feel like it should be Derek's right.

And do you think blue eyed werewolves seem to be stronger then yellowed eyed ones I wonder if the blue eyed ones pull energy from there victims. Finally did u guys see the mid season trailer I thought Scott looked bad ass for the first time and Peter looks and sounds very intimidating.

Everyone is saying that Parrish is a Phoenix and u can see it when cop car is on fire ( which I can kinda see it but at the same time if u are looking for something u will find it)

And they think it's him walking into the police station nude and covered in ash but I think he looks a bit bigger then Parrish who is a skinny guy.

If u didn't see it here's a link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r5XkfEnwFsw

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: blues only mean that the werewolf has killed someone innocent or not but it has nothing to do with status of being a beta or omega the omega in season two had yellow eyes. And Scott and Derek were both omegas at one point and neither of them were weak in the show it seems that a omega is one that is cast out of pack and rejected into others

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigbadwolfx0: Derek explained that blue means Omega. When scott and derek were omegas they only fought against each other , hunters , and peter. The omega last season stomped scott

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: when did derek say this?

Peter explained the story behind the blue eyes in the flash back with a young derek in season 3 other then that there is nothing else that comes to mind

Bigbadwolfx0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: @kgb725: @cascadeking09: so who do u guys think the benefactor is

I belive that it might be Allison's mother if Kate can come back with I called from season 1 lol

Allison's mother can to unless she was creamated I think this because she had already become a wolf when she stabbed herself with a standard kitchen knife derek was shot in the heart and healed I think that she can or could also and with the last cypher key being his name I think that might be because some anger. And if it's not her Gerard is next in line who ever the benefactor is he must be older or very wealthy but since he stole the hale money that most likely means he is not rich

This means the benafactor must be some what older that would explain him /her knowing so much about the supernatural and who is a supernatural creature the benefactor even knew about the japense lady's pack sorry I forgot her name and even knew where they went to in the woods, my final reason for it maybe being Gerard is because Peter is not on the list I think Gerard or Victoria are smRt enough to use his knowledge to cure themselves Peter is now the mr know it all with werewolves since Talia is gone, and every one thinks it might be Peter I could kinda belive it but Scott and the japenese alpha almost or could've died Peter would be there before they die to take there alpha hood ,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.