Dejah vs. the Animals

Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

More of a picture based blog (for when I think to update it). Part of the nature of what makes Dejah Thoris appealing to some (including myself) is the occasional pulp like aspects of the plot (similar to Indiana Jones for instance.) Included in this pulpiness is the battling of large beasts in unexpected place, even if the beats do bear a resemblance to other creatures on Earth.

Vs. the White Apes
Vs. Giant Spiders
Vs. Giant fly

#1 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the series any good? I've thought about picking it up before, but never did under the assumption that it wasn't well written.

#2 Edited by wildvine (9974 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Will be waiting on more.

#3 Edited by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@josedriveratcr7: The stories do the source material well, or even better at times I think. It sort of explains why Dejah is such a capable warrior when she meets John carter

#4 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

@razzatazz: Okay, cool. I'll give the next issue a shot.

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

@josedriveratcr7: The most recent just came out last week and it is a one shot, so it is easy to see if you like it without buying an entire story arc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.