Follow

Defenders

Team » Defenders appears in 792 issues.

The Defenders are a super-group in the Marvel Universe usually led by Doctor Strange. The team that wasn't a team, often fights against supernatural and magic-based opponents. Protecting humanity from the impossible!

Daredevil, Power Man, Iron Fist, and Evil Organizations

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Daredevil's mythos has been closely tied to the Hand Ninja organization for decades now. It makes sense because Daredevil received ninja training from Master Stick. Daredevil even led the organization for a little while. The Hand are a great part of the Daredevil mythos because they come across as a cut above your average mooks.

Were Marvel to continue developing the Power Man and Iron Fist mythologies, I think it would be a great idea to give them higher caliber mooks as well.

No Caption Provided

Power Man is a hero with a science related origin, so the science-based A.I.M. organization would be his most natural analogue to the Hand. I could see the organization enhancing Power Man's mythology by elaborating on his background as well.

Iron Fist is a hero with a mystical origin, so the occult-focused Hydra organization could easily be his version of the Hand.

Thoughts?

Pso_Christen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I like your thinking and I believe it could work. I am more into seeing the Hand get involved above the others as we've seen an incarnation of them on the films. I also see the possibility of Fisk being heavily involved.

I am taking it that the Defenders would focus on a street level super hero team, besides what it usually was in the comics, in which they dealt with super natural threats? That's the only thing that confuses me.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like your thinking and I believe it could work. I am more into seeing the Hand get involved above the others as we've seen an incarnation of them on the films. I also see the possibility of Fisk being heavily involved.

I am taking it that the Defenders would focus on a street level super hero team, besides what it usually was in the comics, in which they dealt with super natural threats? That's the only thing that confuses me.

Yeah, I think the Netflix Defenders will be the New Avengers under a different name.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@captain13: I was thinking who else should be on the Defenders in Netflix series that are not Avengers.I'm thinking Ghost Rider maybe Punisher or Winter Soldier

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Captain13

@daredevil21134 said:

@captain13: I was thinking who else should be on the Defenders in Netflix series that are not Avengers.I'm thinking Ghost Rider maybe Punisher or Winter Soldier

Ghost Rider may be too expensive, we'll find out soon enough if Marvel wants to only use Winter Soldier for the films, and Punisher kills, which I imagine the other heroes would not be okay with. It would be cool to see Punisher and Blade team up though.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

Ghost Rider may be too expensive, we'll find out soon enough if Marvel wants to only use Winter Soldier for the films, and Punisher kills, which I imagine the other heroes would not be okay with. It would be cool to see Punisher and Blade team up though.

Well they did say that they have a 200 million dollars budget so I guess I wasn't thinking of that. How bout Black Panther,though I think he might be better off with a movie

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain13 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Well they did say that they have a 200 million dollars budget so I guess I wasn't thinking of that. How bout Black Panther,though I think he might be better off with a movie

Agreed. I think Black Panther is film bound.

The $200 million budget is for all 5 shows combined.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

@captain13 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Agreed. I think Black Panther is film bound.

The $200 million budget is for all 5 shows combined.

True but they should be able to save a lot of money since the heroes they choose for the show's powers shouldn't be that expensive to do.I think they can pull off Ghost Rider

Pso_Christen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Pso_Christen

I can definitely see Misty Knight and Colleen Wing making appearances.

I can also see Kingpin being the ultimate baddie for all four of the main heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.