Edited By thanosrules
    jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jsphsmth

@thanosrules: Thanks for the reviews of The Defenders. I am a sucker for team books, but I only read a few Marvel series so I am on the fence about buying this now that the first trade has been solicited. Would you recommend the series as a whole so far?

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By thanosrules

@jsphsmth: It is hard to say at this point... the new one comes out tomorrow, so we will see how this new arc goes... the first four issues were pretty good, but nothing stellar. The real problem is that each issue is 4 bucks. That is pretty steep for the story being told. I would probably say wait for the first trade (as you likely can get it at a discount and cheaper than # issues x $4)...

I happen to like this series for what it is - an entertaining story with a mix of interesting characters... It is when you start breaking it down, you may find things that you do not like. It all depends on whether or not you like the characters in the team, and how they are written for this series... for example, if you are a big Silver Surfer fan, you may not like how he is written... and more than anything, this book is very Doctor Strange centric... so if you like Strange, then you may really like this book.

I hope I do not steer you wrong here, but at the very least know that I do not believe each issue is worth $4. If you can get them at a discount, either in trade or some bundled collection from a LCS, that may be the best way to go.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.