Why Deathstroke?

#1 Edited by Epsilon5 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

 I remember a few months back when a friend asked me why I was such a big fan of Deathstroke. I struggled to bring to words what it was exactly that drew me so much to his character. So instead of explaining, I recommended he read some of my favorite issues: Deathstroke The Terminator #26, Faces of Evil: Deathstroke (One- shot),  and Teen Titans #78.
 
But if i had to name a comic that encapsulates everything I love about Slade Wilson, it would definitely have to be-
 
-Deathstroke The Terminator #35
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Show your love for the One-eyed Merc.  What are your reasons for being a fan of Deathstroke? Name your favorite issue, and add an image of the moment that made you fall in love with his character.
#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24087 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is just a bad ass he's like wolverine and batman rolled up into one

#3 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

slade is a very good charactar

#4 Posted by TDK_1997 (13666 posts) - - Show Bio

I got into and started liking Deathstroke from the Teen Titans show and mainly liked him because he is a badass.

#5 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

meh still not worth all the hype. I am not a fan of Deathstroke since he feels generic, but I kept myself silent since maybe someone would show me something that seems accurate. He feels like the character that gives the hard lessons he would be great for westerns by image you have shown. He is great for planning. maybe he should be have partner to team up with. I am still more entertain of the Tiny Titans version as it show him handling super powered children.

@joshmightbe: No he ain't there are different version of being a badass and he not like to them. Batman is the over-prep for any situation that it is ridiculous . Wolverine is the guy who can take it. batman is considered a rank how over prepared a character is. Wolverine gets moments where he gets pawn including ways that feel like a Loony Tunes cartoon. those character are fun. Those characters can do something funny and it would fit into their character.

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (4962 posts) - - Show Bio

Becuase of his badassness

#7 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

I got into and started liking Deathstroke from the Teen Titans show and mainly liked him because he is a badass.

agreed

#8 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

This got me excited to pick up on some Deathstroke readings and see what he's all about. WTF! An assassin that is able to use 90% of his brain activity? Seems pretty badass to me!

#9 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

This got me excited to pick up on some Deathstroke readings and see what he's all about. WTF! An assassin that is able to use 90% of his brain activity? Seems pretty badass to me!

he is and I love his new 52 storyline

#10 Posted by consolemaster001 (4472 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Becuase of his badassness

#11 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@darktiger said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I got into and started liking Deathstroke from the Teen Titans show and mainly liked him because he is a badass.

agreed

@ckuakini said:

This got me excited to pick up on some Deathstroke readings and see what he's all about. WTF! An assassin that is able to use 90% of his brain activity? Seems pretty badass to me!

#12 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@WonderHunter said:

@darktiger said:

@TDK_1997 said:

I got into and started liking Deathstroke from the Teen Titans show and mainly liked him because he is a badass.

agreed

@ckuakini said:

This got me excited to pick up on some Deathstroke readings and see what he's all about. WTF! An assassin that is able to use 90% of his brain activity? Seems pretty badass to me!

I know right

#13 Edited by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

@darktiger: @WonderHunter: Is Deathstroke going to be one of the six titles being dropped in "The New 52" or am I wrong? Or am I just paranoid?

#14 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@darktiger: @WonderHunter: Is Deathstroke going to be one of the six titles being dropped in "The New 52"

Yes, sadly it is.

#15 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

@WonderHunter: Why?!?!

#16 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: I don't know for sure, but i read the news here. There's a lot of titles being cancelled and Deathstroke was on the list :/ Just when it was getting good.

#17 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

@WonderHunter: Yeah I know and with the new writer on board with only 2 issues in, it doesn't make since at all. I mean RED LANTERNS should be the one to be canceled, not DEATHSTROKE!

#18 Posted by WonderHunter (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini: Lately DC is making a lot of dumb desicions, what can we do? all i know is the character will be appearing in Red Hood and the Outlaws, but... i don't know for how long, perhaps it will not be enough. Perhaps the character will be constantly appearing in others books.... hope so.

#19 Posted by dondave (26498 posts) - - Show Bio

He's awesome

#20 Posted by Avenger85 (1497 posts) - - Show Bio

The best of the best.

Online
#21 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

The best of the best.

agreed

#22 Posted by darktiger (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@WonderHunter said:

@ckuakini said:

@darktiger: @WonderHunter: Is Deathstroke going to be one of the six titles being dropped in "The New 52"

Yes, sadly it is.

I can't believe it it was just getting good

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.