Where will he end up?

#1 Posted by jwalser3 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

With DC canceling DeathStroke I was a little upset. But then I remembered that he is in Team 7! But with DC canceling both, DeathStroke and Team 7, where is DeathStroke going to end up?

Where would you like him to end up in? And is anyone actually upset that this title is being canceled?

#2 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I don't know too much about him, but could Suicide Squad be a good place for him?

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: hat would be cool but IMO the story and art for Suicide Squad is just, blah.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I've only read the first seven issues in TPB form, and got really unhappy with Harley Quinns portrayal so haven't read any since. I thought the art wasn't too bad, but maybe they've changed artist by now.

But yeah, seeing as it's a team of villains, and I heard somewhere the line-up changes now and again, he could be a decent fit.

By the way, have you seen this? He's a black pawn in the upcoming DC Chess Collections' Justice League Set:

#5 Posted by jwalser3 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Looks awesome! I'd collect them, but I have no friends that play chess.

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Ah well. They're nice quality figurines, so you could get a couple of characters you like just for display.

#7 Posted by judasnixon (6231 posts) - - Show Bio

Cancelling his book was one of the best things DC could of done for deathstroke. I find Deathstroke works better as a bad ass villain that pops up every now and then. Him going away for a little bit gives people time to forget all about that whole Rob Liefeld Deathstroke thing. Hopefully when he comes backs they will streamline his look like on Young Justice and scrap the clunky messy looking Deathstroke.....

Crap Deathstroke
Bad Ass Deathstroke
#8 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is any justice in this world, then his future will be in Teen Titans or Nightwing.

#9 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke started in Teen Titans and can be used in Teen Titans, Justice League and Justice League of America. There is also a new Secret Society of Super Villains.

#10 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@colonyofcells said:

Deathstroke started in Teen Titans and can be used in Teen Titans, Justice League and Justice League of America. There is also a new Secret Society of Super Villains.

What now?

#11 Posted by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: I am extremely upset. I am one of the biggest Deathstroke fans out there, all I was reading was Deathstroke and Team 7 and then they just knock them both out of the game in a blink of an eye. I don't care where he pops up as long as it is done right and he remains on the radar indefinitely. The May solicitations for suicide squad mention two unnamed killers joining the roster so maybe. But it could just be wishful thinking.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: That chess piece is amazing. Where can I find more info on that chess collection?

#12 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170: The website is here: http://eaglemoss.com/dc-chess/eng/index.asp, and the Facebook page is here: http://www.facebook.com/DCChess?fref=ts, and you can follow my thread here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/dc-chess-collection/742802/

The Justice League set starts at the end of April or start of May, with a piece released every fortnight. The full line-up(which is subject to change at this point) is on my thread, along with previews of the Superman and Green Lantern pieces, and there'll be a preview of the Wonder Woman piece on Friday, which I'll also post. Any questions, just ask. :)

#13 Posted by Teerack (5423 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's about to be a villain in Teen Titians.

#14 Posted by jwalser3 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Cancelling his book was one of the best things DC could of done for deathstroke. I find Deathstroke works better as a bad ass villain that pops up every now and then. Him going away for a little bit gives people time to forget all about that whole Rob Liefeld Deathstroke thing. Hopefully when he comes backs they will streamline his look like on Young Justice and scrap the clunky messy looking Deathstroke.....

While I agree Rob did a poor job. But Justin's stuff is interesting and the art IMO improved.

@Bluefox170: If he joins Suicide Squad, I'll have an eh feeling. Just, I read the first 5 issues and was not impressed. I hope(if he joins) to be well written.

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32918 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

Crap Deathstroke
Bad Ass Deathstroke

Deathstroke didn't even look like that when they cancelled it, he looked like this:

#16 Posted by Avenger85 (1611 posts) - - Show Bio

@jwalser3: Yeah, that sucked. My fav DC character got canned :(

But I think they can have a side story featuring Deathtroke in Teen Titans, like Shazam has his own story in JLA...

#17 Posted by TheJester (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I really want to see him show up in Lemire's Arrow. The whole tone of the comic is extremely dark and would be a great fit for Deathstroke. He doesn't need to be a villain for some dramatic superpowered teenagers. He needs a gritty hero that he's somewhat at odds with.

#18 Edited by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke tends to be a good Batman villain also bec. Deathstroke is better in everything so Batman can't really win. Deathstroke can also be a Flash villain.

#19 Posted by jwalser3 (4808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85 said:

@jwalser3: Yeah, that sucked. My fav DC character got canned :(

But I think they can have a side story featuring Deathtroke in Teen Titans, like Shazam has his own story in JLA...

I just feel like he belongs in another title then battling teens all the time.

#20 Posted by slade_wilson (442 posts) - - Show Bio

So the writers have been chattin' it up with yours truly and they're split between Nightwing and Teen Titans. I'm leaning towards doing an arc with Dick, I like duking it out with someone who actually thinks they can best me. Word on the street is that these Teen Titans are a bunch of whiners.

#21 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

Suicide Squad would be a good idea, he's also gonna be in Ravgers and Teen Titans for an arc. Personally, I'd like to see him go against Nightwing too. Solidify him as Nightwing's nemesis

#22 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke can also be the leader of Wildcats reboot or a Team 7 set in current time. It would also be fun to see Deathstroke and Majestic together in some team like maybe Stormwatch.

#23 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't suppose Deathstroke could become a villain in Earth 2?

#24 Posted by darkwolverine (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is suppose to show up against Red Hood and the outlaws for a story arch

#25 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm on tv with a somewhat short new zealander portraying him?

#26 Posted by darktiger (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bluefox170 said:

@jwalser3: I am extremely upset. I am one of the biggest Deathstroke fans out there, all I was reading was Deathstroke and Team 7 and then they just knock them both out of the game in a blink of an eye. I don't care where he pops up as long as it is done right and he remains on the radar indefinitely. The May solicitations for suicide squad mention two unnamed killers joining the roster so maybe. But it could just be wishful thinking.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: That chess piece is amazing. Where can I find more info on that chess collection?

#27 Posted by consolemaster001 (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably continue soloing the teen titans :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.