Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1335 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

Unscripted Review: Titans #24

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Baddamdog

Well I heart Deathstroke and Cheshire so I'm there.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Even the imagery of the cover seems off from the intended title. Showing them literally having Luthor in their sights hardly seems wicked as it would be if they were targeting a hero.

I completely understand art changes in a book being distracting. When you are reading something you should be sucked into the experience. Having sudden art changes is sort of along the lines of watching a show on TV, and half way through someone changes the channel.

Having villains for hire feels more along the lines of a slightly more violent version of the A-Team.

Deathstroke made more sense in the Teen Titans cartoon. In the comics he more appears to be a prime example of what you get when different writers try to round out the character, but there is no goal or end game being followed. It makes him completely inconsistent.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Kurrent

Totally disagree with this review...I really enjoyed this book and here is why...

1. The twist at the end really took me off guard, I was totally not expecting that. 
    2. Osiris - The image of his was amazing, also when he accidentally killed that guy a small panel of Isis was shown with a crack. Maybe he needs to kill to free his sister/Black Adam and Deathstroke knows it but is not telling him so he can do his bidding.  
    3. It is obvious that Deathstroke chose these people for certain things and I am curious to see what he has in store for them. 

As for the comment about them not doing bad things...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By longbowhunter

I love Deathstroke to no end and I was one of seemingly a few people who really enjoyed the Villians For Hire Special. I thought it was great to see Deathstroke actually deliver the death stroke to Choi. I dont mind the line up, but I'm still not hyped for this book. Glad to hear someone do a review on it though.
    Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Joey Ravn
    @Baddamdog said:

" Well I heart Deathstroke and Cheshire so I'm there. "

Poor Cheshire. I feel bad for her. First Lian, then her son with Catman.  

Anyway, this issue was good. Interesting concept, at least. I'm digging the new direction of the Titans title, but I wonder why they didn't start again with the numbering... or rather, change the title for something else.
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Archetype

I would be scared of Osiris...he was pretty crazy by that I mean literally psychotic but I just hope they don't turn him into another crazy Mary Marvel type character.This book is strange and a struggle I think for many, it isn't Secret Six and it isn't Suicide Squad...it also isn't that great unfortunately.The cast is too weak to sustain a book for me at least because I only care about Osiris and Deathstroke himself, although I have to agree for all his hype and experience he does seem a bit insubstantial.Also I would like to point out that I laughed at the panel where tattooed man and Cheshire (who's recently lost 2 children well 1 is alive just she is unaware and believes the child is dead but nontheless,what's up with that?) flew out on that winged skull it just looked silly.So the gist of it is I hope Osiris comes out of this better than he entered it.

ChaosAgent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ChaosAgent

I love Deathstroke and Cheshire, so I liked the idea of seeing them around more.  

In reality, this feels like it should be interesting, but I feel like I've seen this idea before, and I do get uninterested with some of the events in this comic.  

There's a nice little twist, though.
    Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8  Edited By Comiclove5

I'm completely agree this review. 
    And i think this comic will be mediocore.
    Kell1775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Kell1775

I think I read this book... its called Secret Six.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Deathstroke made more sense in the Teen Titans cartoon. In the comics he more appears to be a prime example of what you get when different writers try to round out the character, but there is no goal or end game being followed. It makes him completely inconsistent."
    Totally especially since all I know about Deathstroke and Slade is from the Teen Titans cartoon.
    I won't pick this up...
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O

Really?  No love for Cheshire?  Aw, that bites, she's been a bit of a mean ath beeyotch hate to hear she's not portrayed that way in this book.  :(   

For now I will just have to sing,  "I've got my spine, I've got my Orange Crush".     
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Kurrent said:
    " Totally disagree with this review...I really enjoyed this book and here is why...

1. The twist at the end really took me off guard, I was totally not expecting that. 
    2. Osiris - The image of his was amazing, also when he accidentally killed that guy a small panel of Isis was shown with a crack. Maybe he needs to kill to free his sister/Black Adam and Deathstroke knows it but is not telling him so he can do his bidding.  
    3. It is obvious that Deathstroke chose these people for certain things and I am curious to see what he has in store for them. 

As for the comment about them not doing bad things...
    "
    Nice breakdown. 
    G-Man was pretty close with his 3.5 rating. As far as them not acting like "villains" it wouldn't be the first time Deathstroke (or Cheshire) were portrayed as being more in the middle then as true evil villains. I like the direction the book is taking so far and am anxious to see how it plays out. Plus any title that features Cheshire is a must buy in my opinion.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix

Kra-koom?  Thor ain't in this book. 
    This feels less like "Villains for Hire" and more like post-Civil War Thunderbolts.

KevinL007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KevinL007

There's a reason that villains outnumber heroes and that is because they can become stale if they appear to often. Sure there are exceptions such as Simone's Secret Six and Ellis Thunderbolts but for the most part villains are good when we only see them maybe once a year. And having Deathstroke star in his own book sort of takes away from what makes him cool. He is supposed to be the ultimate Teen Titans villain and the #1 villain for Dick Grayson and when he appears things should be serious. But here with him starring in his own book with other villains it takes away from what makes his appearance in other books special. He is just another overused villain now.

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By G'bandit

True, he can't beat the titanjs but he can beat the hell out of the Justice League.

Does that mean the Titans were always better than JLA? 

I've always thought so =D

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Zoom
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    "Deathstroke...appears to be a prime example of what you get when different writers try to round out the character, but there is no goal or end game being followed. It makes him completely inconsistent. "

Indeed. 

Try reading the Trial of the Terminator and then this story back to back.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NightFang3

I thought this iusse was okay but could have been better and nice haircut, G-man.

logan48227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By logan48227

Babs,  
    For more on the relationship between Deathstroke & Ravager, go back & read the Deathstroke: New Years Evil book.

punisher1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By punisher1313

I agree with most of what was said but to be as for the comment that he can beat on the JLA  and not the Teen Titans, it wasn't exactly the JLA's A-Team to be fair.        

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Bergquist

what starfires' not in JLA
    RedRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By RedRyan

I was so diappointed with this book.I love the art but the story just feels like a lame attempt to repeat the success of Secret Six.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.