Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1328 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

New 52 Deathstroke Series

thanosrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By thanosrules

I am just starting to get into DC and his appearance in the Shade peaked my interest.

So, is this series worth the cost?

Ad(Thanks)vance.

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bluefox170

@thanosrules: If that appearance peaked your interest then you will love Deathstroke. It's currently the only book that I purchase monthly. In a nutshell the series provides everything you saw in the battle with Shade. Good story, multiple twists, badassery, and everything Deathstroke does.. isn't always quite for the reason you believe.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@thanosrules: It depends what you like.

It's a lot of fighting, with very little plot (mostly due to the pacing relying entirely on blowing stuff up). Pretty much what you might expect from a Deathstroke series. Considerably inferior to the earlier 'Deathstroke the Terminator' series, though the art is better admittedly.

If you want a really good DC title try Animal Man or Swamp Thing (or both!).

Batman has also been fantastic. If you're a fan of the überviolence, Deathstroke is probably the best written of the DC titles right now in that regard.

tones28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tones28

@thanosrules:

My most favorite comic of the new 52 (I'm currently following 10 series) definitely worth a read.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.