Is Deathstroke underpowered in Arrow?

#1 Posted by Pfcoolio14 (1138 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw a video on the show and deathstroke was fighting on even grounds with Green Arrow and some impersonator. I guess it could be because the show is about green arrow but could someone tell me. Is he underpowered in the show

#2 Edited by JediXMan (31259 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremely. Deathstroke - at least pre-52 Deathstroke; I don't know about current - was beating Batman. He's out of Arrow's league. They also seriously "depowered" (strange to say for a guy without powers) Deadshot on that show.

#3 Edited by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's like Nolan's Batman in that the show is primarily grounded in reality - they've already said no superpowers exist in this world, at least for now.

#4 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's like Nolan's Batman in that the show is primarily grounded in reality - they've already said no superpowers exist in this world, at least for now.

I was thinking this as well.

And to add my own thought, I dont think Slade is Deathstroke yet. Its entirely possible in season two he's been augmented or physically elevated to a level more recognizable, but even then I highly doubt we'll ever see Comicbook version Stroke in terms of feats and abilities.

#5 Edited by The Stegman (25548 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe he's not a super soldier yet, right now he's just a good fighter, and has both eyes.

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8901 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, pathetically so.

#7 Posted by FlashKnight (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: I hope not, I love having him as a good guy! And he is still a beast lol

#8 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12094 posts) - - Show Bio

Also it could be this guy is not Deathstroke and is using his name and costume.

#9 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, he's still pretty damn impressive on the show. For not being enhanced and all

#10 Posted by novi_homines (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

He hasn't lost a battle yet...

#11 Edited by UNKNOWNUSER101 (337 posts) - - Show Bio

We'll he's got his powers now, but I wouldn't say he's on par with the comic version

#12 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22794 posts) - - Show Bio

He is a b@d@ss now!

Minus that little tripping over nothing incident...

#13 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18804 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize this post is 8 months old, but still.

The show is only in the 2nd season and DS just got his power up. Give it time.

#14 Edited by darkbeam (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow could never beat Slade in comics,but I bet he's going beat him in the show.

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (7541 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Posted by Jokerpoker (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

A bit.

#17 Edited by Jokerpoker (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, this was before he became a super-soldier. Now he can punch though walls & people, can survive bullets to the chest, ect.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.