Has anyone pick up on The New 52 Deathstroke comics?

#1 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
Hey what's up you guys, just wondering if any of you guys know if Deathstroke would be a good pick-up for a villainous-side of comic reading. The guy is beast and I only hear good things about him. Smart, fast, strong..wtf, he can use 90% of his brain! Let me know if any of you guys take interest in this superhero-villain.
#2 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked up the Deathstoke issue last week. I read green arrow an DS is part two of the crossover . The crossover issues are always hard to base an option for an on going. That issue was pretty battle action focused. It was fun.

#3 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

Hey what's up you guys, just wondering if any of you guys know if Deathstroke would be a good pick-up for a villainous-side of comic reading. The guy is beast and I only hear good things about him. Smart, fast, strong..wtf, he can use 90% of his brain! Let me know if any of you guys take interest in this superhero-villain.

I read it all and

Higgings run was, half boring and the other half was just ok

Liefeld's run was terrible, ugly art and the writing was horrible, full with cliches, plotholes and constantly contradicting itself

and the last coupld of issues have been just passable but they arent good

#4 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@arnoldoaad: Nicee, thanks for the feedback on the title. Thinking of catching up on some deadpool or darkseid if anything. I know both these titles can produce some nasty story arcs.

#5 Posted by Billy Batson (57795 posts) - - Show Bio

@ckuakini said:

@arnoldoaad: Nicee, thanks for the feedback on the title. Thinking of catching up on some deadpool or darkseid if anything. I know both these titles can produce some nasty story arcs.

??? I'm assuming you still mean Deathstroke :p
If you want to jump on Deathstroke, do it with the next issue since that's when a new writer comes along.
BB

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (14471 posts) - - Show Bio

THe Deathstroke series was good until Kyle Higgins left the book,now under Liefeld it sucks.

#7 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

While I feel like people are a little too harsh on the title, Deathstroke is certainly not a highlight of the new 52. As amazing as the character is, I wouldn't recommend it unless you really just like the random blood, violence, and explodey stuff without an eye for detail.

#8 Posted by BlueArrow (256 posts) - - Show Bio

first trade was good, liked all the little Easter eggs in it like the dark knight tumbler. skipped liefeild, and will start collecting solos when Justin Jordan's run begins

#9 Posted by darktiger (4235 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay

#10 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

The book it enjoyable again now that Justin Jordan(also writing Team 7) is writing it.

#11 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I pick this up before Justin Jordan or after? Im following Team 7 as well.

#12 Posted by consolemaster001 (4983 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if i should start

#13 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

The moment that I heard Leifeld would be writing for it, I promised myself to never go anywhere near it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.