Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1328 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

Deathstroke's Best Covers

• 59 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The time has come to appreciate some of our latest Character of the Month's best covers! Slade Wilson, a.k.a. Deathstroke, has been appearing in the pages of DC's comics since 1980. His popularity has received some major boosts over the years, so obviously, he's appeared on a whole lot of covers! There are plenty of good ones to choose from and we've decided to highlight 13 of them. Now, let's go enjoy some covers!

THE NEW TEEN TITANS #2

No Caption Provided

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the very first appearance of the Terminator and the beginning of his conflict with the Teen Titans. Even though the lethal character appears on the issue's very first page, George Perez's cover does a solid job teasing the new villain and the image offers a great serving of foreshadowing, too. Deathstroke may be lurking in the shadows, but this is easily one of the most memorable covers for fans of dangerous mercenary.

DEATHSTROKE #1 (2011)

No Caption Provided

Many were thrilled when DC announced Deathstroke would have an ongoing series in the New 52. Excitement then shot through the roof when we got a look at the first issue's cover. The chapter's called "Back to the Basics" and, for Slade Wilson, that means being one of the deadliest mercenaries on DC's Earth. Simon Bisley's artwork showcases this perfectly while impressing us with the character's new costume, as well. It's every bit as intense and fierce as a Deathstroke cover should be.

DEATHSTROKE #1 (1991)

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke's appearances in TEEN TITANS generated plenty of interest in the deadly soldier, so DC decided to give him the spotlight in 1991. Wilson's series ran for 61 issues (plus 4 annuals) and made its debut with this memorable cover. Mike Zeck has the Terminator striking a pose which says basically everything you need to know about him: he's heavily armed, quite confident, and isn't someone you'd ever want to bump into.

BIRDS OF PREY #45

No Caption Provided

Phil Noto's cover for 2002's BIRDS OF PREY #45 is terrific. Firstly, it just oozes such a cool vibe as it displays Slade in motion and has him take aim at the reader. Secondly, it illustrates just how intimidating this guy can be. One second he's not looking at you and the next you're right in his sights. The Teen Titans are well aware of just how fast Slade is, but Noto's cover allows us to appreciate his fluid movements and accuracy. You can't help but love the vibrant coloring, too.

FLASHPOINT: DEATHSTROKE AND THE CURSE OF THE RAVAGER #1

No Caption Provided

Don't worry, we'll talk about this one without dropping any bad pirate jokes! The Flashpoint universe is a dark and twisted place and the Deathstroke we've come to know is a violent fellow. This cover reveals just how bleak and graphic this alternate world can be. Joe Bennett's cover shows off Slade's new design while also revealing that yes, he's still one of the deadliest dudes around in this timeline.

IDENTITY CRISIS #3

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke is known for being one of the most skilled mercenaries on the planet and there are plenty of fights where he shows just how talented he truly is. However, none are quite as jaw-dropping as his battle in IDENTITY CRISIS #3. With this cover, Michael Turner drives home the point that Wilson will always stand tall and possibly even triumph over his enemies -- even when they consist of someone with super-speed, a Power Ring, and much more. He's just that good and Turner's cover does a perfect job proving that.

DEATHSTROKE #15 (2011)

No Caption Provided

Scott Clark's cover for DEATHSTROKE #15 is phenomenal. This single image alone can help you understand why he was originally called "the Terminator." There's a lot of great covers on this list, but none make him quite as fearsome as this one does. It may be a simple pose, but it's presented flawlessly and is without question one of the most intimidating images of Deathstroke you'll ever see.

NIGHTWING #81

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke and Cassandra Cain are incredibly gifted combatants and, luckily for us, we've seen them duke it out a few times. Dave Johnson's cover for NIGHTWING #81 is able to capture just how skilled and graceful these two are as they're locked in a battle. It's but a glimpse of the fight between these two and leaves you anxious to see how the rest will play out.

TINY TITANS #12

No Caption Provided

Deathstroke is a character that strikes fear into many, but that doesn't mean he can't be adorable, too! With the cover for TINY TITANS #12, Art Baltazar gives us a totally different look at Slade Wilson. The mercenary may appear unamused as he and Trigon banter back and forth, but he still manages to look so darn cute! That said, having Wilson as a Principal is a pretty frightening thought, isn't it?

VILLAINS UNITED #1

No Caption Provided

Even when great characters like Black Adam and Lex Luthor grace a cover, Slade Wilson manages to jump in and steal the spotlight. Gail Simone'sVILLAINS UNITED is a thoroughly fun read and J.G. Jones' cover is a real attention-grabber. Sure, it's yet another cover of a group striking a pose, but it's just so cool as these individuals stand tall and the cloudy sky compliments the villainous team quite well.

GREEN ARROW #61

No Caption Provided

Some may think Scott McDaniel's cover for GREEN ARROW #61 is misleading because Deathstroke doesn't appear until the issue's cliffhanger. However, it's that very reason which makes this image so fitting! This cover is loaded with suspense as we witness a standoff between Slade and Green Arrow. We have no idea what'll happen next and that, readers, is the exact same note the issue leaves us on! This cover does a really great job teasing the big conflict that's about to develop between these two.

TALES OF THE TEEN TITANS #44

No Caption Provided

Every Deathstroke fan needs to read The Judas Contract and this issue's an important one. This third chapter finally tells Wilson's origin story and so much more. It's all about explaining to us who Deathstroke is, revealing more of his family, and what this means means for the people around him. George Perez's cover perfectly illustrates everything this issue addresses. With this many characters slapped on the cover, it had the potential to become an overcrowded mess. Instead, they're wisely boxed into their appropriate groups and the fact they surround Slade is a fitting design. Added bonus: this is also the first appearance of Dick Grayson as Nightwing!

DEATHSTROKE #1 (2014)

No Caption Provided

It was recently announced that Tony Daniel would be the man behind a new Deathstroke series and the news included this glorious picture (which will likely be the cover for the first issue). Only one word comes to mind while looking at Daniel's image: badass. Everything from the damaged armor to the heavy shading to the vivid lightning is magnificent. This was an excellent way to announce the new volume and it definitely has many of us excited.

What's your favorite Deathstroke cover? Don't be shy, share it with us below! Be sure to keep checking the homepage throughout July for more Slade Wilson articles!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The 2011 cover is pretty fantastic

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By redwingx

What the heck is with the Deathstroke obsession? The guy is your generic assasain.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Deathstroke #1 from 2011 is awesome. I live that you can still see his dog tags.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@redwingx said:

What the heck is with the Deathstroke obsession?

The time has come to appreciate some of our latest Character of the Month's best covers!

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice!

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

No liefield? :P

Jan_Valker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool stuff.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By amazing_webhead

I miss the days back when people talked on the covers

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Tony Daniel's Deathstroke has too many fingers on his prominent hand.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoshuaDBr
    No Caption Provided

This one is definitely my favorite. It's amazing!

No Caption Provided

I love Tony Daniels art every time I see it. And I love this picture. But there are a couple of things that I'm not sure about.

Like, Deathstroke doesn't seem to have his N'th metal armor in this photo, so where did it go (Because I didn't have the money for it, I haven't read the New 52 Deathstroke books. So if it's explained in those, then my bad.)? And also, I hope Tony Daniels draws him with his huge sword, because I love seeing him use that. I'd be a bit disappointed if he doesn't get the broadsword, but still, I'm excited.

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

My favorite is the New 52 Issue 1 cover & the image released the other day for his new series. Issue 15 is cool too.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice covers.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
    mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Villains United is top of the pack for me. My favorite look for Slade and a cool group shot.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By ClawFist
    No Caption Provided

I really like this unused cover for Deathstroke 18 where he's fighting Warblade. This needs to become a rivalry in my opinion. Like Warblade and Pike had in the Wildstorm Universe.

RedAlert539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By RedAlert539

Nothing can beat those Perez covers from back in the day;)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Love the Phil Noto and Dave Johnson covers.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clawfist said:
    No Caption Provided

I really like this unused cover for Deathstroke 18 where he's fighting Warblade. This needs to become a rivalry in my opinion. Like Warblade and Pike had in the Wildstorm Universe.

Never seen this before, nice.

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new cover looks legit

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By marvel_boy2241

Number 18 because it shows his weakness.

No Caption Provided

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

http://www.covernk.com/Covers/L/D/Deathstroke%20The%20Terminator/deathstroketheterminator41.jpg

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

That Deathstroke #15 cover is a masterpiece. Anyway did the New 52 Deathstroke comic turn out to be any good. I dropped it after #3 because it felt boring and lame tbh.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#22  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

BEST ONE NO DOUBT

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

Nice covers

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love that Birds of Prey cover

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first new 52 one was bad.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow phil noto's art has really come along. Is villains united any good, as well as the new 52 deathstroke?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gunmetalgrey

I thought Jason Fabok's cover on Deathstroke #8 would be a shoo-in.

No Caption Provided

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

One of the most bad ass looking characters in comics.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Comicvine. I like Slade too, but come on.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By longbowhunter

@thefirstlantern: I loved Villains United. Read it more than once actually. It's the miniseries that sets up the Secret Six.

Looking at these covers I can't help but be reminded we lost Michael Turner and Scott Clark way too soon. Such a shame.

Bierschneeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Bluefox170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Bluefox170

@jwalser3 said:

Slade is the character of the month. He's going to be featured prominently throughout July. Same as Moon Knight I believe last month. Don't know how this is flying over people's head.

E1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By E1000

Good idea to have a best covers poll for a character ! Very good, I mean it.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Darling_Luna

Nice picks

I like to bring up the one from the Brightest Day: Titans run

No Caption Provided

Mapuia_Ralte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BEST ONE NO DOUBT

No Caption Provided

Yes, the cover alone convinced me to repick this series. It's so damn cool, the pose, the colors, the old-western feel to it, definitely my favorite among these.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Been kinda out on superheroes lately (except for Batman) but with Tony D. doing this I'm all over it.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JoshuaDBr

I just need to know, will he have his n'th metal armor?

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

Slade is the character of the month. He's going to be featured prominently throughout July. Same as Moon Knight I believe last month. Don't know how this is flying over people's head.

Yeah, I don't know if people are being willfully ignorant because they dislike the character or they are just new to Comicvine. Strangely, I didn't see people complaining at all about Moonknight month.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#42 SC  Moderator

@ptigrusmagus: Not an appropriate way of addressing other users, refrain from doing so in the future, this is a warning.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lightsout

@wardishy said:

Wow, you're right. That's a pretty big thing to let slip by. (I wonder if it'll be fixed when it actually gets printed). Surprised no one replied to this yet.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Pretty cool stuff

Astro_Zombie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 from the New 52! Is my favorite. Also the Villains United cover is awesome. Thank god no Liefeld covers were chosen, he sucks!!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@wardishy said:

Wow, you're right. That's a pretty big thing to let slip by. (I wonder if it'll be fixed when it actually gets printed). Surprised no one replied to this yet.

I only see 4 fingers that are wrapping around the sword.

No Caption Provided

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@lightsout said:

@wardishy said:

I only see 4 fingers that are wrapping around the sword.

No Caption Provided

I'm not so sure I agree. To me, it appears as though what you've listed as '3' is two separate fingers.

However, I'm willing to admit I may be wrong. If I am wrong, then the artwork is simply murky and ill-defined. And the width of his fingers also seems slightly inconsistent.

Testla1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

@wardishy: It looks to me like his pointer finger is just places further up the handle.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@testla1: Sorry, no, I don't see that. Seems like his fingers are all touching. And look at the silhouetting at the bottom where his fingers are shadowed. Doesn't seem to be a finger gap or anything.

Also, I could be wrong and it's a bit nitpicky but if there's a gap between his forefinger and other fingers... well, who holds a sword like that?

Avatar image for mastermercenary
    MasterMercenary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the New-52 covers are awesome... but if I have to choose one, it would be Tony S. Daniel. It just mixes the bad@$$ery(is that a word?) of New-52 and the nostalgia/classic of Pre-52 with the magnificent vibe that the red sky and lightning give.

@k4tzm4n I'm Actually happy that Deathstroke's forum has some actions finally, maybe with more posts the moderators of comicvine will put Slade on "popular wiki forums'' near Batman and Superman ;). thanks for choosing him the character of the month.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.