Deathstroke the Terminator, One of the Most Ruthless Villains in the DC Universe

• 109 results
#101 Edited by Jackyvoe (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought who thought that Identity Crisis fight scene was a load of nonsense that SHOULD NOT be celebrated. Deathstroke is a great character, but Meltzer had such a huge fanboy crush on him, that he made the Justice League members idiots just so Deathstroke would look good. When he fought the Teen Titans, he was shown constantly moving around and employing different techniques against them, and the Titans still gave him hell. There is nothing cool about watching him stand in one spot and take out the likes of Hawkman and Black Canary like they're weaklings. That fight could have been something grand, but instead it was fanboy favoritism.

#102 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Skunkstein: You mean Slade?

Yes, sarcasm isnt the clearest thing in a written comment, lol.

#103 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

The ultimate badass

#104 Posted by CrimsonAlchemist (410 posts) - - Show Bio

@RayBlasterG: Well said I don't get all the Rob Liefeld hate the only crime he is guilty of is bad art. If people don't like him just for that they should get at Romita Jr as well but very few people complain about him compared to Liefeld.

#105 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

really good read

#106 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1670 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes the version from the Teen Titans cartoon look like a Doctor Doom knockoff

#107 Posted by Cancer the Conqueror (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Identity Crisis is the best example of Slade's bravado, not that it's lame, but just more of an example of fan worship. Deathstroke is the world's best tactical thinker, working every muscle and brain fiber in his being in not olny holding his ground among metahumans, but repeatedly besting them. In Identity Crisis, Deathstroke barely moved a muscle and took down eight superheroes standing in place, yet lost his shit when he was stabbed in a dead eye. Deathstroke is more of a Xanatos than a Luthor, and that's what makes him so awesome. If they do ever make a Teen Titans movie, while I'm sure Steven Lang can keep his cool, I agree with the idea of Daniel Craig as Wilson, since the biggest complaint against him as a Bond--a lack of swagger form others like Brosnan or Connery--would work brilliantly in this character.

#108 Posted by crusader8463 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

@crusader8463 said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

My only complaint? The fact most of these super-moves would KILL most of the other characters straight away!!!! But hey, it's a mindless action game, I can live with it.

Actually it's a fighting game not an action game.

Tomato tomawto,

More like Tomato orange. They are two different genres. It's like saying a FPS is just like an RTS or puzzle game. Or that a comic book is just a slow movie.

#109 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (5967 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.