Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1336 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

Deathstroke Needs His Old Costume Back Now!

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Or at least parts of it. There are some parts of the new look I like and that I'd take over parts of his old look, but I'd rather have an amalgam of the two than the current look. It's just too bulky. I like Deathstroke's costume to be simpler. Get rid of the shoulder pads, that "helmet" mask, and the gauntlets. Bring back the foldover boots, the gloves, and his classic mask, but keep the new belt and the...whatever those are that run from his shoulder, across his chest, to underneath his arms.

But, yeah, bring back the elements that made Deathstroke's look simple, intimidating, and classic.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I know totally

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

nope

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

He needs to look like this permanently.

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

I hated his old costume, his new one is definitely an improvement

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

nah, the new one is good.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too approve of the Arkham Origins Deathstroke costume.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
    turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By turoksonofstone

Yeah his new costume does suck. It looks like it took a time-machine back to the mid-90's for a Liefeld redesign. Just Horrid.

Nth Metal Armor? lol Didn't Hawkman or Nth man use that already? Whatever.

I have to give DC respect on this It takes a special kind of gusto to approve a design that looks so much worse than the original eyesore of a costume he had.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Despite how good the covers look, I think there's too much clunky armor on him. And it should be unnecessary for him to wear it, since he's pretty damn agile, if anything, the weight should actually hamper him.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@dondave said:

I hated his old costume, his new one is definitely an improvement

this.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of like the new costume. The only thing that I don' like are the shoulder pads, there is only a handful of people who can pull them off like Venom or Batman.

SaintG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

New one is the best yet

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I like the new costume, but the super-sword is meh.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The new costume sucks, it looks hideous and tacky. I liked the classic look because it had the elements of a comic costume - the iconic mask, the chainmail, the foldover boots - it looked great. The new look is just ugly with its unnecessary piping and haphazard armor plates.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite how good the covers look, I think there's too much clunky armor on him. And it should be unnecessary for him to wear it, since he's pretty damn agile, if anything, the weight should actually hamper him.

???

I thought Nth Metal was lighter than normal metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

No Caption Provided

I could live with this...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

New Costume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Old costume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liefeld's idea of the new costume.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@joygirl said:

No Caption Provided

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Yeah the classic look was pretty boss, New Teen Titans era for sure. Save for those boots...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Costume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Old costume>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liefeld's idea of the new costume.

This for sure.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Outside_85

@drgnx said:

@outside_85 said:

???

Do we know by how much? Also massive shoulder pads and arm guards are going to be cumbersome regardless of weight.

My gripe with the armor bits is that in the past Slade moved like quicksilver and was extremely hard even for metahuman to land a hit on him, and back then the only armor he wore was the promethium chainmail shirt. So unless Slade has gotten much slower and less agile now, the armor really serves no purpose.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I agree with the Arkham Origins look :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@drgnx said:

@outside_85 said:

???

Do we know by how much? Also massive shoulder pads and arm guards are going to be cumbersome regardless of weight.

My gripe with the armor bits is that in the past Slade moved like quicksilver and was extremely hard even for metahuman to land a hit on him, and back then the only armor he wore was the promethium chainmail shirt. So unless Slade has gotten much slower and less agile now, the armor really serves no purpose.

Don't follow Hawkman too closely as that would be the best source, but here is what I wiki'ed seems to fall in line with what I've seen here and there in the comics/TV.

Among the unusual properties of Nth metal is the ability to negate gravity, allowing a person wearing an object, such as a belt, made of Nth Metal to fly. In addition, Nth metal also protects the wearer from the elements and speeds the healing of wounds, increases their strength, and protects them from extremes in temperature.

So it actually can make the person lighter so it can weigh in the negative. In the comics, some of DS's foes could fly and even lift 100 ton ships and throw at him. It allowed him to fight with a non-serious Lobo.

Edit: Just remembered, when it is deactivated it seems to be actually somewhat heavy... Deathstroke short-circuited someones suit and then drowned them with it on...

As for maneuverability, I'm sure we all that know design in comics don't always make sense. I'm also guessing, but not certain, they might have slowed down his natural abilities somewhat and are picking up the slack with the suit, I'm really not 100% what DC's direction is at this point ...

To be honest, DC is going heavy on the armor all across the board, even Superman has it now...it makes sense to have as much protection as possible ... to a degree

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Don't follow Hawkman too closely as that would be the best source, but here is what I wiki'ed seems to fall in line with what I've seen here and there in the comics/TV.

Among the unusual properties of Nth metal is the ability to negate gravity, allowing a person wearing an object, such as a belt, made of Nth Metal to fly. In addition, Nth metal also protects the wearer from the elements and speeds the healing of wounds, increases their strength, and protects them from extremes in temperature.

So it actually can make the person lighter so it can weigh in the negative. In the comics, some of DS's foes could fly and even lift 100 ton ships and throw at him. It allowed him to fight with a non-serious Lobo.

Edit: Just remembered, when it is deactivated it seems to be actually somewhat heavy... Deathstroke short-circuited someones suit and then drowned them with it on...

As for maneuverability, I'm sure we all that know design in comics don't always make sense. I'm also guessing, but not certain, they might have slowed down his natural abilities somewhat and are picking up the slack with the suit, I'm really not 100% what DC's direction is at this point ...

To be honest, DC is going heavy on the armor all across the board, even Superman has it now...it makes sense to have as much protection as possible ... to a degree

Well, even if it's N'th metal, its properties really doesn't seem to warrant some of the bits of armor. Hawkman wears much less armor and clothes than just about any other superhero (save the Manhunter). So couldn't Deathstroke have settled with just the old shit being made from N'th instead of Promethium (which he wore because it was extremely durable, closest thing DC has to adamantium).

All that said, my point is that armor in comics is normally for people who expect to take hits. Slade for the most part was so skilled that he didn't need to, simply because the only people who had a shot at standing up to him were metahumans, who always went hand to hand with him and where his tactical superiority and reflexes keeps him safe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

DeathStroke was trying to learn more about Nth metal, DC might have intended for it to have power levels that let him go against higher level opponents, like Lobo where the armor's protection really did come in handy.

You seem like you are looking at the new armor in relation to Deathstroke as he was pre-flashpoin. The real issue is if DC intended for the armor to account for some of his enhanced agility in DcNu (which would then justify his wearing it).

As for the actual design of the costume, that is really creators prerogative, I really can't speak on that nor Hawkman, but does his armor give him the same level of protection that it would if it fully covered his body? I was under the impression he used his armor mainly for flying...I'm not sure how durable he is or how his armor enhances him...

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx: That may be, but I'd prefer they put their bets on his superserum arguments agility and tactical sense rather Hawkman's gimmick. That said, I dont think a suit of N'th metal should be near enough anyways to make him a credible threat to someone like Lobo.

For the old vs new Deathstroke, perhaps I am, but I just dont see the point of using him and then throwing away the really awesome thing about him. I have to admit that in the past I was rarely not annoyed whenever Deathstroke took on a dozen Titans or Leaguers and made it all look easy (especially when I didn't think his power set actually allowed him to go toe to toe with someone like Donna Troy), but that said I dont deny that it looked freaking awesome whenever he did it. It's like they've traded that away in order to bulk him up so he can try to out-knuckle sandwich the likes of Lobo. (Note: I haven't actually read that issue... it had the Liefeld).

I am pretty sure the N'th metal is granting Hawkman some level of protection despite how little of it there is, otherwise I'd be concerned with why none of the bad guys have killed him yet by ordinary gunfire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure the N'th metal is granting Hawkman some level of protection despite how little of it there is, otherwise I'd be concerned with why none of the bad guys have killed him yet by ordinary gunfire.

hmmm ... I was referring to coverage, has he been hit with gunfire (like on the skin)? Or is it like Wonder Women or Batman/Batwing/Batwomen/Red Robin where they just don't get hit in the more vulnerable spots?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By cameron83

his new custume is way better, i never like his old custume it looks awful and lame gay looking it was the only biggest thing i hate about him thank god dc comics use there brains to give slade a real better outfit so please don't go back to his silly custume, in my opinion.

How does something look homosexual?

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: how about i'll tell you in e-mail later? can't say it here for reasons.

DRDOOMSDAY390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DRDOOMSDAY390

(Re-Do) his new custume is way better, never like his old custume it looks awful and lame it was the only biggest thing i hate about him thank god dc comics use there brains to give slade a real better outfit so please don't go back to his silly custume, in my honest opinion sorry.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new costume myself

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By z3ro180

What is it with you people first we hate speedos now bring back the speedos

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: That's why I don't listen to humans. They are too hypocritical.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

this

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

leopryor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean costumes like this?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.