Deathstroke more like Taskmaster than Deadpool

#1 Posted by NewCapA (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Granted Deadpool is based on Deathstroke. But overall looking at Taskmaster and Deadpool,  Deathstroke reminds me more of Taskmaster than he does Deadpool.  Deadpool is a lot more unstable and completely action oriented whereas both Taskmaster and Deathstroke may seem to be so, but are actually heavy thinkers.  Thoughts?

#2 Edited by Rheged (620 posts) - - Show Bio

My thought is that you are in the wrong forum. :)

#3 Posted by Prime-Man (15 posts) - - Show Bio

@NewCapA:
Yeah, I definately see where you're coming from with that comparison. Now that I think about it, Taskmaster does have more in common with Deathstroke than Deadpool does.

#4 Posted by darktiger (4558 posts) - - Show Bio

@Prime-Man said:

@NewCapA:
Yeah, I definately see where you're coming from with that comparison. Now that I think about it, Taskmaster does have more in common with Deathstroke than Deadpool does.

I never thought about that

#5 Posted by consolemaster001 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

i disagree

#6 Posted by Teerack (6330 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool and Deathstroke only look like each other and they're mercs. That's where it ends if you don't count Wade Wilson riming with Slade Wilson.

#7 Posted by darktiger (4558 posts) - - Show Bio

I think taskmaster is marvel's actual deathstroke where deadpool turned out to be a copy of him then emerged with his own character

#8 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I think taskmaster is marvel's actual deathstroke where deadpool turned out to be a copy of him then emerged with his own character

I would say that Deathstroke IS a Taskmaster ripoff. Both characters were created by the artist George Pérez and were introduced in the same year (1980). Deathstroke though appreared 7 months later, I think. Both characters are mercenaries / assassins / villains and less powerful than the hero-teams they were facing, yet were still able to out-think and -skill their opponents. Deathstroke the Teen Titans and Taskmaster the Avengers.

And yeah Deadpool is the most obvious ripoff character of all time. I'm happy that he turned out to be a lot better than the original. At least in my own, personal and very biased opinion ;-)

#9 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@darktiger said:

I would say that Deathstroke IS a Taskmaster ripoff. Both characters were created by the artist George Pérez and were introduced in the same year (1980). Deathstroke though appreared 7 months later, I think. Both characters are mercenaries / assassins / villains and less powerful than the hero-teams they were facing, yet were still able to out-think and -skill their opponents. Deathstroke the Teen Titans and Taskmaster the Avengers.

And yeah Deadpool is the most obvious ripoff character of all time. I'm happy that he turned out to be a lot better than the original. At least in my own, personal and very biased opinion ;-)

Deathstroke and Taskmaster may look similar and both be mercs, but they have pretty different backgrounds. Taskmaster pretty much just...decided being a supervillain would be better while Slade went through his experiences in the army and his drama with his wife and children to get where he is.

Meh. I like Deathstroke better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.