Follow

Deathstroke

Character » Deathstroke appears in 1336 issues.

Genetically engineered to surpass all human limits, Slade Wilson was once a soldier but now works as one of the most feared assassins in the DC Universe. He has frequently clashed with the Teen Titans, Batman, Green Arrow, the Justice League, and even gods!

Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Deathstroke Costume

• 63 results
    k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Deathstroke Costume (356 votes)

Arrow (TV series) 6%
    Classic pre-52 costume (blue/orange) 14%
    Pre-52 blue/black 1%
    Batman: Arkham Origins (video game) 36%
    Flashpoint 1%
    Injustice: Gods Among Us (video game) 10%
    Son of Batman (animated movie) 1%
    Teen Titans (animated series) 8%
    The New 52 17%
    Young Justice (animated series) 4%

Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions.

In case you missed the news, Deathstroke is our latest Character of the Month! Obviously, this means Slade Wilson's going to pop up in various features throughout July. His first appearance in this weekly segment is a simple one: what's your favorite Deathstroke costume?

Since making his debut in 1980, the Terminator has gained quite a lot of popularity. He has plenty of appearances in comics, but he's also shown up in video games, TV shows, and animated movies. The DC mercenary is always strolling around in awesome attire, but we want to know which one you all love the most. There's 10 options on the poll and voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). An updated article with the results and more will go live later that day. Now, let's take a look at the costumes!

From top left to bottom right: Arrow, classic pre-52 (blue/orange), pre-52 blue/black, Batman: Arkham Origins, Flashpoint, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Son of Batman, Teen Titans, The New 52, Young Justice

Man, Deathstroke is one cool looking character, isn't he? Now that you've seen all of the choices, it's time to think it through and pick a favorite. Once you've made up your mind, tell us why the costume earned your vote. Make the post excellent enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's feature.

Vote or else you'll upset Deathstroke. Trust us, he's not someone you want to upset.

Want to continue celebrating Deathstroke? He's currently battling Boba Fett (click here to vote!). Also, two video games he's appeared in -- Injustice: Gods Among Us and Batman: Arkham Origins -- are featured in the latest edition of Favorite Comic Book Video Games (click here to vote!). We'll post his best covers this Friday, too!

We'll attempt to focus another Question of the Week or two on Slade Wilson, so if you have an idea for a good question, feel free to share it below or via Twitter.

• 
    Avatar image for marvel_dc_heroes_villains
    marvel_dc_heroes_villains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@detective38: >calling other people fanboys

>demanding that they 'respect the classics'

Nice hypocrisy there mate.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was tempted to pick New 52 but I chose Arkham Origins.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can't go wrong with the classic.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@k4tzm4n said:

Deathstroke's role may have been lackluster in Son of Batman, but I really liked his design. Might even buy the figure at some point.

No Caption Provided

Agreed! (Although I think the sculpting is a little lazy)

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I picked Son of Batman due to that being my fave representation of the character so far.

staypuffed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Arkham Origins by a mile. His "classic" costume is freaking ridiculous.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
    life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Arkham Origins

It has this whole "heavily armored military ninja badass who you shouldn't mess with" feel to it (not to mention the fact that he had arguably the best boss fight in the game)

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By DwightSpitz

I'm not that crazy about the New 52, but when it comes to Slade that's most def the dopest version. I really liked the Arkham Origins design as well(although the boss-fight in itself was a complete waste of one of DC's best characters).

Am I the only one that really hated his design in Injustice? I loved the game but Slade's design was almost as weak as Batman's...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

young justice version looks terrible

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like a cross between Teen Titans:tas and Young Justice:tas. I always prefer Deathstroke's mask to be metallic (as in TT) rather than fabric or like a hockey mask. I think TT really nailed getting Slade to look menacing and formidable. But the overall design is rather plaint, and could use a few of the touches from the YJ design. Overall though, I'd say TT is closest to what I want.

CorruptedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are all amazing! However, I had to go with Injustice. Origins is a definite second place for me and I can see why that is currently taking the top spot.

TheDarkPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwing_22: holy crap the eye is on the wrong side! MY CHILDHOOD

SnowyMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 9

#63  Edited By SnowyMountain

Teen Titans animated version! First off, I don't care that much for some of Deathstroke's other costumes, which I think has to do with the fact that they seriously over complicate his outfit with a bunch of extraneous gear. To a point, it looks cool but they can't seem to help themselves from adding too much.

For example, for his classic first suit, I always wondered why he had that bandolier of ammo cartridges strapped to his chest. It seemed pretty useless as those looked like gigantic sized bullets like rifle sized and he seemed to only carry a pistol so ... what was the point? Not to mention that I couldn't believe that some stray shot couldn't set off the whole string which was STRAPPED to his chest. It was like he was begging someone to try and take a shot at him. The swashbuckler orange boots and the long flapping straps from his mask also don't help and make him look goofy. The straps were probably for dramatic effects, sort of like a mini-cape or something; or to try and make him look more militaristic like those pictures of Vietnam-era soldiers wearing scarf covers on their heads that dangled down in the back.

And while I could appreciate the slight modernized look in his blue-black suit; the coloration just does not suit him very well. The Flashpoint outfit was just a mishmash of his looks, plus with the whole trenchcoat and the two-toned head scarf on-top on his head was stupid-looking. It sort of made him look piratical, but felt too heavily influenced by his past costumes. His 52-suit by Art Thibert is another costume that simply has too much stuff going on and too much unnecessary bits like the spikes, chainmail, and all combined make the costume look far too complicated and impractical. And don't get me started on his Young Justice suit. I just found his mask to be stupid looking with the black patch while some of the rest was orange not to mention the whole ponytail. On some guys, it looks cool. But on someone of Slade's age? Nuh uh. The Son of the Batman outfit was lacking as well. Deathstroke looked too slender and unarmored in that they went in the opposite direction and stripped away TOO much for once of his extraneous gear. Not to mention that I found myself still disliking those distracting mask straps fluttering in midair.

The other suits were all fairly good, although I still had my minor grievances with them. The Gods Among Us outfit had that lame eye scope on it, but I did like the Arrow live action suit, it just needs a bit more coloration here and there and the Arkham video game outfit went a little bit overboard on the armored protection with the thigh armor plates for example, when they could have done away with them easily. Otherwise the functionality and militaristic appearance blew me away.

His Teen Titans outfit on the other hand slightly edged to the top as my favorite simply because it is one of the more simplistic ones and strikes a nice balance between stark militaristic practicality and protective armor without sacrificing his agility, although I will admit that I wouldn't have minded a hint of orange stripes here or there on his armor to give him a bit more color. I also liked how his mask was a helmet with those breathing slits. Not to mention the utter starkness of the armor lines along with the lack of apparent weapons gave you the feeling that "I'm so bad@$$, I don't NEED frickin' weapons to kill you". That arrogance was the main reason why the Teen Titans suit pushed itself to top of my favorites list.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.