Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Deathstroke Costume

• 63 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (48723 posts) 3 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Comic Book Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite Deathstroke Costume (352 votes)

Arrow (TV series) 6%
Classic pre-52 costume (blue/orange) 14%
Pre-52 blue/black 1%
Batman: Arkham Origins (video game) 36%
Flashpoint 1%
Injustice: Gods Among Us (video game) 11%
Son of Batman (animated movie) 1%
Teen Titans (animated series) 9%
The New 52 17%
Young Justice (animated series) 5%

Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions.

In case you missed the news, Deathstroke is our latest Character of the Month! Obviously, this means Slade Wilson's going to pop up in various features throughout July. His first appearance in this weekly segment is a simple one: what's your favorite Deathstroke costume?

Since making his debut in 1980, the Terminator has gained quite a lot of popularity. He has plenty of appearances in comics, but he's also shown up in video games, TV shows, and animated movies. The DC mercenary is always strolling around in awesome attire, but we want to know which one you all love the most. There's 10 options on the poll and voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET). An updated article with the results and more will go live later that day. Now, let's take a look at the costumes!

From top left to bottom right: Arrow, classic pre-52 (blue/orange), pre-52 blue/black, Batman: Arkham Origins, Flashpoint, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Son of Batman, Teen Titans, The New 52, Young Justice

Man, Deathstroke is one cool looking character, isn't he? Now that you've seen all of the choices, it's time to think it through and pick a favorite. Once you've made up your mind, tell us why the costume earned your vote. Make the post excellent enough and there's a chance we'll highlight it in Thursday's feature.

Vote or else you'll upset Deathstroke. Trust us, he's not someone you want to upset.

Want to continue celebrating Deathstroke? He's currently battling Boba Fett (click here to vote!). Also, two video games he's appeared in -- Injustice: Gods Among Us and Batman: Arkham Origins -- are featured in the latest edition of Favorite Comic Book Video Games (click here to vote!). We'll post his best covers this Friday, too!

We'll attempt to focus another Question of the Week or two on Slade Wilson, so if you have an idea for a good question, feel free to share it below or via Twitter.

#1 Posted by thatthomclancy (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever signed off on that ponytail for Young Justice should be shamed.

#2 Edited by BuNKiTZ (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... A little hard to choose between Injustice and Arkham Origins, but I'll have to go for the latter.

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6358 posts) - - Show Bio

N52

#4 Posted by Golden Cod (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever signed off on that ponytail for Young Justice should be shamed.

Agreed. It was a bit of an eyesore on an otherwise decent outfit.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33892 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the YJ version

#6 Posted by SoA (4919 posts) - - Show Bio

N52 , i like the look and he looks more mercenary than super villain . which is true to his character . also no more wade or slade comparisons

#7 Posted by Cyborg6971 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham origins for me.

#8 Posted by The_Comebacks (201 posts) - - Show Bio

not the one with his junk hanging out (pre new 52 pic). lol. i choose teen titans, though i love the new 52 and arrow one as well.

#9 Edited by judasnixon (6648 posts) - - Show Bio

That Arrow Deathstroke costume looks so clunky..... It has to be a pain in the ass to move around in that thing.

#10 Edited by k4tzm4n (48723 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke's role may have been lackluster in Son of Batman, but I really liked his design. Might even buy the figure at some point.

#11 Edited by dagmar_merrill (9429 posts) - - Show Bio

Teen Titans.

#12 Edited by longbowhunter (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the Teen Titans animated version. It was my first exposure to the character. I remember thinking how scary he was, due in part to Ron Perlman of course. Did he ever remove his mask? The whole time I didn't know who or what he was. To be honest when I started picking up Teen Titans books a few years later I was a little upset to find out he was human. For that reason the Teen Titans animated version will always be my favorite.

#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6249 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved his new 52 costume in the last arc, so I picked that. His Injustice costume and Teen Titans suit are a close second and third.

#14 Edited by Omnicrono (1903 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Origins costume. Easy day.

#15 Posted by Nightwing_22 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to think it wasn't Deathstroke on TT. His eye is on the wrong side, plus i've heard a crazy fan theory that it was actually Batman preparing the next generation of heroes

#16 Posted by The Stegman (25016 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52, easy.

#17 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (7355 posts) - - Show Bio

NEW 52.

#18 Posted by jwalser3 (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. Realistic.

#19 Posted by HumanRocket (8620 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice version.

#20 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Origins.

#21 Posted by Perfect 10 (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

wow a pole about someone with no particular ties to batman and yet they still find a way to put bats in it and of course he's winning lol sigh

#22 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8469 posts) - - Show Bio

Torn between New 52, Injustice, Arrow, and Origins.

I think I'm going to have to go with Injustice. I just love it's look.

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (48723 posts) - - Show Bio

wow a pole about someone with no particular ties to batman and yet they still find a way to put bats in it and of course he's winning lol sigh

The Batman: Arkham Origins costume is winning because it's an incredibly cool design, not because it's from something with "Batman" in the title. If your accusation was true, then Son of Batman's design would be doing far better.

#24 Edited by Ranwi (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Its all about the OG costume, from The New Teen Titans and Deathstroke the Terminator.

#25 Edited by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Terminator tops the list, with Flashpoint (Piratestroke was so cool) as a close second. I'm not a fan of the armored looks...

#26 Posted by JakeN7 (12738 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranwi said:

Its all about the OG costume, from The New Teen Titans and Deathstroke the Terminator.

This.

#27 Posted by Darkseid_Prime (171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to tear everything he cares about away from him. Destroy those who choose to follow him. Corrupt those he loves. Once he has lost everyone and everything he values, I will drive an arrow through his eye.

#28 Posted by Justthatkid (4386 posts) - - Show Bio

The pony tail in YJ was beast but I liked the Flashpoint animated costume design.

#29 Edited by MannEffest (1293 posts) - - Show Bio

While the Teen Titians costume my not be the most badass, it is my far the most menacing. Simple and sleek, the Teen Titians Deathstroke was the first exposure I had to the character, and it immediately left its mark on me. The way the shadows played off his black and orange, skull-like mask, made a young child like myself cower away in a corner. However, not only is it menacing, but it is completely effective. While it lacks the sheer badass-ery of say Arkham Origins or his New 52 design, it makes up for in efficiency. It doesn't have all the heavy and oversized armor that some of the others have. It has just enough protective platting and pouches for space to make this Deathtroke, not only an effective killing weapon, but a man of a wicked sense of fashion. I mean, come on, it looks so cool!! :D But ya' know, nostalgia.

#30 Posted by The Lobster (1521 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a hard time picking between Son of Batman, and Arkham Origins. On one hand, I love everything about the Arkham Origins design. The heavy duty amount of amour, the helmet, the kevlar, everything about it is awesome. It's exactly how I picture a live action movie version of Deathstroke would look......However......I really like how in Son of Batman, the cloth comes down over his face and tucks under a chinstrap. It's a brilliant design.

Guess I'll go with Arkham Origins, since I love everything about it and not just one thing.

#31 Posted by micah (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the Teen Titans animated version. It was my first exposure to the character. I remember thinking how scary he was, due in part to Ron Perlman of course. Did he ever remove his mask? The whole time I didn't know who or what he was. To be honest when I started picking up Teen Titans books a few years later I was a little upset to find out he was human. For that reason the Teen Titans animated version will always be my favorite.

The mask was removed once during combat with the Titans. Robin kicked him so hard it shattered, but of course his face was obscured by shadows. That's the only time I can remember it actually coming off.

#32 Posted by CyberWarrior (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by SilverPool (1799 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely love that Origins outfit. The game and its portrayal of Slade was eh, but that suit was badass.

#34 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm probably the only person but I vote for the blue/black costume. It just looks much more professional to me, and you can't lose with that color combination. Then again, I also like the UDON Taskmaster costume so I guess I'm weird like that.

#35 Posted by micah (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Tied between his New 52 look and his Teen Titans look, but I think I'm gonna have to go with the latter.

#36 Posted by longbowhunter (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah: That was the only time I could remember too.

#37 Posted by micah (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah: That was the only time I could remember too.

Their was another if you remember during the Trigon Saga, his mask is damaged and you can see one of his eyes. And later during the same saga its completely removed again but its a skeleton head and face since Slade is undead after being killed by Terra and resurrected by Trigon.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

The classic pre-52 one is the best and my favorite. Not single one of the others is as good looking as this one.

#39 Posted by viin (609 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote Arkham Origins but I also like his design from his small appearance in the flashpoint animated movie.

#40 Posted by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the one that's red and black and kinda looks like Spider-Man!

#41 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22197 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranwi said:

I also like Young Justice version.

#42 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1109 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of the animated looks all that much, they are a bit to stream lined for me, But of all the armor looks I like the New 52 gear the most, he supposed to be fearsome looking as well as being armored up to handle any job thrown his way

#43 Posted by Owie (3800 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the classic suit just looks best from a design sense. The color balance and shapes/lines/textures work well.

#44 Edited by detective38 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect the classics you bandwagon fanboys

#45 Posted by JoshuaDBr (499 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea of n'th meteo and overall I just love the New 52 one. But the Arkham games suit just looks soo awesome!

#46 Posted by frogjitsu (481 posts) - - Show Bio

I only really like the Original and the Teen Titans one. The others are meh.

#47 Posted by ReDKiNG (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely between Teen Titans and Origins

#48 Posted by Anjales (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham Origins.

side not, can someone tell me when Slade wore that blue and black costume where he fought Batman in their second fight, the one where Batman KO's him with his own rifle, I really want to know what that story was about.

#49 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7 said:

@ranwi said:

This.

This (seconded).

#50 Posted by lagoonman (96 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham origins

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.