Change this, please.

#1 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Some of the re-designs have been okay, but Deathstroke's new look is about eighteen different levels past horrible. Are those seriously dog tags? Dog tags, seriously? And whose brilliant idea was it to cover him in spikes and weird plastic-looking stuff? He's Deathstroke, not a Power Ranger villain.

#2 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the new look.
Also I believe that their profile images are supposed to be set to their most recent look.

#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andy Steven Summers
they are. but virtually no one on this site pays attention to that
#4 Posted by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i think the spikes and dog tags are stupid too...

#5 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks amazingly bad.
I mean i have watched better ideas for s redesigns.
I mean, why not just to use a militar, black, orange and blue suit, i mean, it looks dumb to the xtreme.

I mean those suits dont look like some one that watched to much Sailor Moon and He Man decide to create a mix of Wolverine, Batman and some insane hockey fan.
#6 Edited by Bluefox170 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstrokes origin was in the army, hence the dog tags. It was a crucial part in Slades history that made him exactly who he is and holds sentimental value. So yes, seriously.  Now when you say spikes I assume you're talking about the batman -esque fins which happen to elaborate on his title as the anti-batman. Finally, regarding the "weird plastic-looking stuff" (even though it's obviously metal/chainmail) You can't judge it yet with just a cover and a sketch. I'd say they're moving in a good direction so far.

#7 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bluefox170: Dude. Nobody from the Army wears their dog tags on the outside of their clothing. I was in the Army for six years. Only a total douchebag would do that. And I don't even wear my dog tags anymore, I can't imagine a guy who has been out of the Army for thirty years still wearing his tags around like a turd. Unless he was a homeless guy begging for liquor money. 

You bring up a good point. Slade was in the Army. So he should look like a soldier, not a cheesy space alien.
#8 Posted by The Poet (8337 posts) - - Show Bio

every time I see this forum, I think it has something to do with editing...

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eet Mor Puppee said:
@Bluefox170: Dude. Nobody from the Army wears their dog tags on the outside of their clothing. I was in the Army for six years. Only a total douchebag would do that. And I don't even wear my dog tags anymore, I can't imagine a guy who has been out of the Army for thirty years still wearing his tags around like a turd. Unless he was a homeless guy begging for liquor money.  You bring up a good point. Slade was in the Army. So he should look like a soldier, not a cheesy space alien.
Yeah, since when militar suits are so hard to belive in comic books?
#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'mma go ahead and give the middle finger to the new look as well. Luv Stroke, he's a beast. But the new look is fuggazy

#11 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, there are some pretty good points from everyone so far on this one. Overall, yes i think its an ok look at best. Let me start with the dog tags, first eet mor puppee u bring up a pretty good point, i dont see any military officers wear their tags, but if they are that sentimental as you say bluefox then i think its fine. As for the fins, i must say they dont belong. Now i dont know as much about stroke as you all prob do, but if he really is the anti-batman then i dont think he should be wearing them like batman, if anyhting he should be against anything batman-esque and not wear them.
#12 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eet Mor Puppee said:
@Bluefox170: Dude. Nobody from the Army wears their dog tags on the outside of their clothing. I was in the Army for six years. Only a total douchebag would do that. And I don't even wear my dog tags anymore, I can't imagine a guy who has been out of the Army for thirty years still wearing his tags around like a turd. Unless he was a homeless guy begging for liquor money.  You bring up a good point. Slade was in the Army. So he should look like a soldier, not a cheesy space alien.
Old school Army guys were all kinds of stuff like their hats, jackets, shirts and even dog tags because they actually did something that they were very proud of, not like many of the soldiers in today never deploying and not deserving of the title of Soldier, but you are right even they would not wear their dog tags outside their clothes(Only rappers and the wrestler John Cena wear their tags outside their clothes).  As a current Army guy it does make me wonder where they get their inspiration for "militaristic" uniforms?
#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
Yeah I'mma go ahead and give the middle finger to the new look as well. Luv Stroke, he's a beast. But the new look is fuggazy
Did DC knows, most of people stop calling him Deathstroke The Terminator in the 80s?
And he is only called Deathstroke, Stroke or even Slade.
I mean even the Teen Titans Cartoon Suit was better that this one.
#14 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000: your aware that some of those pics are deadpool from marvel and not deathstroke??
#15 Posted by Nefarious (20626 posts) - - Show Bio

I just noticed that Slade's mask hole looks like Spider-Man's.

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eet Mor Puppee said:

Slade IS a total Douchebag
#17 Posted by Eet Mor Puppee (103 posts) - - Show Bio
Deathstroke's New Look 
#18 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:
@DeathpooltheT1000: your aware that some of those pics are deadpool from marvel and not deathstroke??
Sis you notice that the ideas it was to show some character designs that make sense and dont look like some anime crap?
@Eet Mor Puppee said:
Deathstroke's New Look 

Oh no, not the Green Goblin Power Ranger villain suit again.
#19 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry but I think most of you are idiots and I like the new look. And it should be his default picture on comicvine. The latest incarnation of a character should always be the default picture. I can't wait to see him in action in his new costume, it's much more covert than the classic one.
#20 Posted by IrishX (2395 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ren
Calling people who have a different opinion than you idiots..... cool. Also, the image in the OP should not be his default picture because it is not his current costume. When he actually uses it in September it should be changed.
#21 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually think the new look is pretty cool!

#22 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@IrishX
the guy just commented on my wall and called me a faggot because i expressed my opinion,  methink we have a rabid fanboy on our hands......
#23 Posted by AssertingValor (5393 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke pimps any outfit................
#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@IrishX: the guy just commented on my wall and called me a faggot because i expressed my opinion,  methink we have a rabid fanboy on our hands......
Oh waht is would be of comicvine without crazy throlls, i knew they will be back, in the past they were only a problem for battle forum user, but today they are everywhere. 
I am the only one that hates his new helmet?  
also look i find this on Deviant his frecking costume looks cooler. 
Deviant have better redesign for the characters that freacking DC.
#25 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

If the new look: 

1. didn't have the forearm/leg fins, which I think are a little TOO batman, and
  2. didn't include a sword big enough for World of Warcraft
I'd be totally fine with it.
#26 Posted by D_Pooly (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool #1

#27 Edited by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt
So now you're a troll and a snitch. Two of the poorest qualities a poster can have in my book. I take back the faggot comment, I apologize, but not the trolling.
#28 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3532 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to wait and see what he looks like standing up. It seems that the new outfit might have some features exaggerated by the pose that he's in.
Either way, it looks fine to me.

#29 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ren said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt So now you're a troll and a snitch. Two of the poorest qualities a poster can have in my book. I take back the faggot comment, I apologize, but not the trolling.
And where the hell are the moderator or any one with the power to kick this guy ass out of the forum? 
Know your role and shut your damn mouth!!!!!
#30 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ren said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt So now you're a troll and a snitch. Two of the poorest qualities a poster can have in my book. I take back the faggot comment, I apologize, but not the trolling.

im not a snitch because i havnt told anybody with the power to do something bout it, but seeing as how you posted it on my wall in plain sight theyre bound to see it, dont blame ME for YOUR stupidity
,andthe only troll here is you.
#31 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio
boom 
#32 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

His new look is what happens when Rob Liefeld barfs on a Batman drawing. 

#33 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah can't say i'm a fan of the new look either..

#34 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13267 posts) - - Show Bio
@U R Sofa King We Todd Did said:
boom

not bad
#35 Posted by D_Pooly (28 posts) - - Show Bio
boom
#36 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@Ren said:
And where the hell are the moderator or any one with the power to kick this guy ass out of the forum? Know your role and shut your damn mouth!!!!!

Please update your flames. They are lame and outdated.
#37 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (11011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ren said:
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@Ren said:
And where the hell are the moderator or any one with the power to kick this guy ass out of the forum? Know your role and shut your damn mouth!!!!!
Please update your flames. They are lame and outdated.
That a guy can insult any one on this forum and the moderator only care if you put anime vs comic battles, f@ck this forum!!!! 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.