Can he really be Super Smart?

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok in the latest Deathstroke thread I heard the whole "He uses 90% of his brain, while normal people only use 10%, making him super smart" arguement. But the fact is that people use 100% of their brain so did some writer's mistake make Deathstroke retarted?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

The statement was made back when it was thought that people only use 10%. It was wrong, but that doesn't take away his power. It was used to explain how and why his mind works so well, that's still one of his abilities even if the original reasoning doesn't make sense. Forget the actually numbers and think of it as a comparison. His brain functions 9 times better than everyone else's. That make it easier for you?

Moderator
#3 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"The statement was made back when it was thought that people only use 10%. It was wrong, but that doesn't take away his power. It was used to explain how and why his mind works so well, that's still one of his abilities even if the original reasoning doesn't make sense. Forget the actually numbers and think of it as a comparison. His brain functions 9 times better than everyone else's. That make it easier for you?"
That works better, it just sounds weird when people say he only uses 90% of his brain making super super smart.
#4 Posted by SilverFlash (20 posts) - - Show Bio

People use 10% of their brain. The other 90% is used for subconscious actions and control.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.