cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop  Online
    DateWUBI # 56:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    11/21/10Deathstroke: World Tour '93(Blog) (Forum)D... World Tour(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Deathstroke: World Tour '93.
    Alternate Title:
    1. Deathstroke: World Tour '93-'94
    2. Deathstroke: World Tour.
    Collecting 8 Issues:Deathstroke the Terminator #27-34.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Deathstroke the Terminator #32
    TPB Cover: Deathstroke the Terminator #32

Anytime there's a globetrotting adventure, I'm in. Anymore, I assume that a TPB is going to have the covers in it, towards the end. In this case, I'd particularly like to see them, just for the great cover blurbs for each chapter:

1. "Bullets and Babes over Berlin"
    2. "Firefight in France"
    3. "Homicide in Hong Kong"
    4. "Chaos in China"
    5. "Intrigue in India"
    6. "Pummeled in Paris"
    7. "Demolition in Dallas"
    8. "Endgame in Egypt."

The alternate title suggested is because the last issue says "World Tour '94" on it, instead of "World Tour '93," like the rest. I think it detracts from the title though, so it's only suggested for the sake of completist accuracy. Another option is to drop the years altogether, and just call it Deathstroke: World Tour.

I like most of the covers, and two or three of them would be great choices for the cover. Issue #27 is a great action shot of Deathstroke, and since it's the first issue of the arc, it'd be a logical choice for the cover of the TPB. Issue #33 shows Deathstroke and the then-new Vigilante, Patricia Trayce, running across multiple scenes. Although those scenes are all supposed to be in Dallas, on the cover of the TPB, it would seem like they are running across multiple world locations. However, by far, the most dynamic cover is issue #32, with Deathstroke pointing a gun at the reader. That would be an awesome cover for the TPB.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

No Caption Provided
    #17: Deathstroke the Terminator: World Tour.

Moved to the Deathstroke the Terminator World Tour forum!

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:55.B&B: Batman & Huntress: Days of Rage.
    Next:57.Deathstroke: The Hunted.

.Full WUBI Index.

Thanks again!

Deathstroke: World Tour '93
    Deathstroke: World Tour '93

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Personally since I'm a fan of Deathstroke, I would welcome this. The only Deathstroke trade out there collects the first five issues of his solo series, so this would be great

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop  Online
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: Yeah, and I think that one TPB is out of print.  I have had the privilege of learning from one of the pros how DC decides what does and doesn't get published.  To put it mildly, their decision-making process is really simple, and quite maddening.  That said, it's beyond me how Deathstroke could have such a great focus during Villains United, Final Crisis, and Faces of Evil, and DC not captialize on it with all the Deathstroke-related material they could put out.  That would have been a great time to collect his series into TPB's. <sigh> Easy to criticize from the sidelines, I suppose.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.