Follow

Deathlok

Character » Deathlok appears in 632 issues.

Created by the military, Deathlok is a Cyborg from the future in the mainstream Marvel Universe, and several alternate universes as well, whom wishes to regain his lost humanity.

New DEATHLOK Series Launches in October

• 66 results
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided

The Demolisher returns this October for DEATHLOK #1, an all-new series from the critically acclaimed creative team of Nathan Edmondson (Black Widow, The Punisher) and Mike Perkins (Captain America, Stephen King’s The Stand)!

Henry Hayes is a veteran, a single parent, a man who thought he’d left his war behind. But unbeknownst to him, he’s been transformed without his knowledge into the perfect weapon of destruction: Deathlok! Operative, fighter, assassin and more – on the battlefield, he is whatever his handlers need him to be.

Created by the mysterious Biotek corporation, Hayes is utilized as a deadly weapon rented out to the highest bidder, his memories erased at the close of every mission. As Henry slowly uncovers the truth behind the horrors that were visited upon him, he’ll struggle with the knowledge that he’s been transformed into a weapon of mass destruction – and expose the disturbing legacy of the many Deathloks that came before him.

“In the tradition of ‘The Bourne Identity’, Deathlok will offer a high-intensity thrill ride mixed with a voyage of discovery, as Henry is forced to peel back the onion-skin of his own existence to get to the truth—and to wrest back control of his life from his corporate overseers!,” says Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. “Viewers familiar with the character concept from his appearances on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series ought to feel right at home getting in on the ground floor of this new series with an all new Deathlok.”

Fans eagerly awaiting DEATHLOK #1 can get their first taste of the new series in the highly anticipated ORIGINAL SINS #1 – featuring the first appearance of Henry Hayes in an all-new story by Edmondson and Perkins. Original Sins #1 is on-sale digitally and in print today!

Hunted across the globe by S.H.I.E.L.D., the one man army will be forced to choose – is he a man, or a machine? Follow the high-octane new title as Deathlok makes his debut today in Original Sins #1 and explodes into his own series this October for DEATHLOK #1.

DEATHLOK #1

Written by NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art by MIKE PERKINS

Cover by MIKE PERKINS

Coming in October!

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

stupid

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

How come he ain't a zombie no more.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
    brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Stupid and totally unnecessary. Stop with all the freaking pointless cash-in solo titles, Marvel.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 owie  Moderator

Funny to see how much they cross-pollinate with their movies and shows now, in this case with the SHIELD show. I hadn't watched it recently, but the pics of Deathlok looked terrible.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I take it this was the secret third book that Edmondson said the Black Widow/Punisher crossover would affect.

... Kinda wish it was a Winter Soldier book.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Solid creative team. Hate the new look.

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Haha, I like what they're doing with the title here. It's cool to see something different. In recent years, Wolverine Weapon X, Uncanny X-Force and the Agents of SHIELD television series has made me interested in this character. I'll check this out :D

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

Stupid and totally unnecessary. Stop with all the freaking pointless cash-in solo titles, Marvel.

To me, the weird solo titles Marvel does are easily their best books. Stuff like Hawkeye, Deadpool, Black Widow, and Moon Knight are way more likely to get my dollars than another X-Men or Avengers book.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kennyshat said:

To me, the weird solo titles Marvel does are easily their best books. Stuff like Hawkeye, Deadpool, Black Widow, and Moon Knight are way more likely to get my dollars than another X-Men or Avengers book.

Those aren't necessarily the ones I'm talking about (even if I'm not a fan of all of them)...I'm talking about the blatant cash-in ones, like how Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon, and Deathlok are all having solo titles.

(edit: that's not to say that they don't all end up being good -- Cyclops is a great book so far. It's just obvious they're trying to cash in on their popular properties right now.)

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie: It's simple economics, supply and demand. Those characters are in now, and thus there is a larger demand for them, so they make a larger supply of them. People love The Avengers and X-men, so there are like five titles for each of those teams, because people will buy them. It would be weird for them to not cash in on their popular properties.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@idontlikebirds: The Avengers and X-Men books, with the exception of the garbage Plain Avengers and New Avengers, all offer very unique perspectives of different characters. I don't see a problem there. These, on the other hand, are purely and obviously made to snatch up more money and it's a cynical and crappy way to look at things as a company.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't look like the Deathlok I know.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

@idontlikebirds: The Avengers and X-Men books, with the exception of the garbage Plain Avengers and New Avengers, all offer very unique perspectives of different characters. I don't see a problem there. These, on the other hand, are purely and obviously made to snatch up more money and it's a cynical and crappy way to look at things as a company.

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying Marvel should give books to characters who aren't popular?

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie: I guess I don't understand why them "cashing in" is a bad thing as long as the books are good. They're putting solid talent on the books. Scottie Young doing interiors on anything is enough to get me to buy it, and Greg Rucka is by all accounts killing it on Cyclops. I'd rather have an interesting, off kilter take on a solo character regardless of whether or not they happen to be in a movie that is coming out, than another team book.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathlok is definitely one of my top 10 favorite comic characters of all time and i'm more than excited to see a new series, but they need to keep it totally separated from the bubblegum Shield Show (that could have been so good). it needs to be gritty, violent, and very punisher like. Don't ruin this please

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
    i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who wanted this? WHO?

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you run a multi million company? Didn't think so.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

This version of Deathlok will be dead.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

So glad to have a minority character lead a solo with a good writer and artist. And the people that are whining that it doesn't look like Deathlok maybe it's because it's not the same Deathlok,it's a new take on a character using the name,no different than the thousands of Robins.Besides it's not like any of you were begging for the old Deathlok to return anyways

KrazyCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it wrong that I am really hoping Howard the Duck is the next solo book announced?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathlok is definitely one of my top 10 favorite comic characters of all time and i'm more than excited to see a new series, but they need to keep it totally separated from the bubblegum Shield Show (that could have been so good). it needs to be gritty, violent, and very punisher like. Don't ruin this please

If you read Original Sins 1 which is mostly all about him. I don't think you'll be disappointed

corpsecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought it said DEATHKLOK, got excited.
    This is good too I guess....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I can dig it.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Kinda wish it was a Winter Soldier book.

Cosigned

The only think that makes me even slightly interested in this is the fact that Edmondson's writing it, but aside from that, I really couldn't care less. I can think of about ten characters off the top of my head who'd do better with a solo.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't watch Agents Of SHIELD, and didn't know there was a new Deathlok. Is he popular enough or has enough interest for this to realistically be a popular series?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

Don't care about Deathlok, let alone AOS Deathlok, but I love Black Widow and Punisher, so that alone will make me at least try the first issue.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Could be cool I generally like the lower level Marvel books. If they actually get to tell the story of struggle they claimed they would in AOS. Also really enjoy Punisher so could be good.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

So this one looks like the Agent of SHIELD version but isn't the Agent of SHIELD version. Why can't Marvel just use one of the existing Deathlok, there's already 3 I can think of

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Yep been reading Original Sins, but if they take it off on the Show path than a great thing would be garbage real quick.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't care about Deathlok, let alone AOS Deathlok, but I love Black Widow and Punisher, so that alone will make me at least try the first issue.

He's not the AOS Deathlok,they are similarities but it's a new character .His name is Henry Hayes not Mike Peterson

So this one looks like the Agent of SHIELD version but isn't the Agent of SHIELD version. Why can't Marvel just use one of the existing Deathlok, there's already 3 I can think of

Maybe they wanna try something new

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Yep been reading Original Sins, but if they take it off on the Show path than a great thing would be garbage real quick.

Well it's a tie-in.It just came out today. There's Original Sin which is the main title and now there's Original Sins which feature a few stories about different characters,that's the first issue the new Deathlok shows up in

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

Last time I checked Marvel was a business to make money. They'll stop making these so called cash-in solos when people stop buying them.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By patrat18

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

@patrat18 said:

Last time I checked Marvel was a business to make money. They'll stop making these so called cash-in solos when people stop buying them.

Last time i checked i had an opinion. And i said it.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

very true

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

He's not the AOS Deathlok,they are similarities but it's a new character .His name is Henry Hayes not Mike Peterson

@leokearon said:

It's obvious that's what they're banking on, sure it's not the same character, but they are hoping AOS fans will pick it up after noticing they're alike, just like how 616 Nick Fury looks and acts exactly like Ultimate Fury/Samuel L. Jackson Fury...but isn't.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is with all the haters? It's a new book with a new Deathlok. It also doesn't even look like Michael Peterson (Agents of Shield) nor do they share the same name. I swear at least read the first issue before you judge it especially since it is a brand new character.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude
    Loading Video...

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

@the_stegman said:

@leokearon said:

It's obvious that's what they're banking on, sure it's not the same character, but they are hoping AOS fans will pick it up after noticing they're alike, just like how 616 Nick Fury looks and acts exactly like Ultimate Fury/Samuel L. Jackson Fury...but isn't.

Well for better or worse that's how Marvel's ran now,the movies and tv shows have a strong influence on how they use their characters. Personally I don't see anything wrong with trying something new with Deathlok who is one of the few positives things about AOS.It's not like any of the other Deathlok's we're extremely popular anyways.Plus Edmondson has already said some of the old Deathlok's will show up in the new series

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

and expose the disturbing legacy of the many Deathloks that came before him.

With that in the description I thought it was fairly obvious he was going to be interacting with old Deathloks in some shape or form.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@the_stegman said:

@leokearon said:

Well for better or worse that's how Marvel's ran now,the movies and tv shows have a strong influence on how they use their characters. Personally I don't see anything wrong with trying something new with Deathlok who is one of the few positives things about AOS.It's not like any of the other Deathlok's we're extremely popular anyways.Plus Edmondson has already said some of the old Deathlok's will show up in the new series

Oh, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, matter of fact, it's a smart way for Marvel to do business, I was just pointing it out. Either way, Edmondson has been impressing me, so I'll give it a shot.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134:

and expose the disturbing legacy of the many Deathloks that came before him.

With that in the description I thought it was fairly obvious he was going to be interacting with old Deathloks in some shape or form.

That was a reminder for the people who want to see the other Deathlok's

@daredevil21134 said:

@the_stegman said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@the_stegman said:

@leokearon said:

Oh, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, matter of fact, it's a smart way for Marvel to do business, I was just pointing it out. Either way, Edmondson has been impressing me, so I'll give it a shot.

Yup,me too lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Sorry Marvel but this is Deathlok

No Caption Provided

and no one is ever going to care about Mike Peterson. He was one of the weakest parts of the entire Agents of Shield show.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

No Caption Provided

and no one is ever going to care about Mike Peterson. He was one of the weakest parts of the entire Agents of Shield show.

Agreed.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I will check it out, I like Edmondson stuff on Punisher , so I'm going to give it a shot.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Except this Deathlok isn't Mike Peterson. Give the character a shot.

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet Black Panther doesn't have solo title?! wow...Storm, Night Crawler, Moon Knight, Fucking Wolverine and Doop! seriously?!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Except corporate synergy.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet Black Panther doesn't have solo title?! wow...Storm, Night Crawler, Moon Knight, Fucking Wolverine and Doop! seriously?!

The Panther will come. If not soon he'll definitely have a solo when they announce his movie. Just look at all the Guardians books.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

No Caption Provided

It's not like anybody cared about that Deathlok either

I know right

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.