Follow

Deathlok

Character » Deathlok appears in 632 issues.

Created by the military, Deathlok is a Cyborg from the future in the mainstream Marvel Universe, and several alternate universes as well, whom wishes to regain his lost humanity.

Deathlok in "Uncanny X-Force"

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DMC

For once I decided to read (instead of skim) this weeks "Marvel T&A" @ CBR. During this interview Axel Alonso shares some info on the next arc of Uncanny X-Force

One book that's really gotten a strong response of late has been "Uncanny X-Force," and I understand the upcoming second arc will involve Deathlok, who is a character people don't immediately connect to the X-Books although he does fit the black ops mold of that particular title. Who decided to bring him in, and what kind of role will he play as the series moves through its first year?

Alonso: Rick Remender really dug what Jason Aaron did with Deathlok over in "Wolverine: Weapon X" and saw the potential to revisit that character and his world in the pages of "Uncanny X-Force." And the hook is insane! The story starts in issue #5, out in February. Cover artist Esad Ribic is penciling it, and the pages will blow people away. Trust me when I say, Deathlok is a perfect fit for this book, this team.

So is he just part of the storyline or is he joining the team. Should he join the team? I think so. Wolverines team already has a few non-mutants, why not a killer cyborg?
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The question I wonder is which Deathlok unit? I've noticed a lack of any of the named Deathloks in their appearances over the years, and rather
    " Clone Troopers " as it were, with the exception of the wicked beast of a Deathlok in the MAX series.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @DMC: Ta da!

Uncanny X-Force #5
    Uncanny X-Force #5

Written by: Rick Remender
    Art & Cover by: Esad Ribic
    There are innumerable and varying potential futures awaiting mankind. Between them exists only one constant: The rise of the Deathloks! Seeded in our present they grow, a time virus spreading across all possibilities, infiltrating the fate of mankind. One thing stands in their way; a man who shouldn’t exist. They come in waves, an army of time displaced Deathlok troopers made from Earth’s greatest warriors; Captain America, Spider-Man, Elektra, Cyclops, Venom, The Thing, Bullseye--all soldiers in the army of Deathlok. All operating under one directive: Fantomex must die! The hottest book on the stands just gets hotter as fan favorite writer Rick Remender (Punisher, Fear Agent) is joined by superstar artist Esad Ribic (Wolverine, Loki)!

It seems that it isn't Deathlok... instead it is an army of Deathloks based on known heroes & villains.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weird. O_O
    DOH (Deathloked Out Heroes)?

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By DMC
    @xerox-kitty: Ah I remember this pic, never read the solicit though (silly me). Still, it would be pretty cool if Deathlok joined the team
    Avatar image for metatron_da_don
    Metatron_Da_Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Metatron_Da_Don

wow can we just get 1 continuous Deathlok, I would have preferred Michael Collins or Luther Manning.
    Nonetheless I like the series and expect a great story.

Avatar image for one_catmanexe_of_seven
    One_CATMANEXE_Of_Seven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is written in history that the cyborgs will win this battle, and assimilate the human superhero's.
    Resistance is futile.
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Baddamdog

Uncanny X-Force #6
    Uncanny X-Force #6
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Baddamdog said:

"

Uncanny X-Force #6
    Uncanny X-Force #6
    "
    UNCANNY X-FORCE #6
    Written by RICK REMENDER
    Art & Cover by ESAD RIBIC
    “DEATHLOK NATION,” PART 2
    Buried deep, sequestered under a million years of unnatural evolution, Father, architect of The World, has a solution to the relentless and fruitless super human conflict that has left the Earth teetering on the brink of destruction. The Deathlok virus will spread, acclimate and control them all.  In order to protect Earth’s heroes from the Deathlok virus, X-Force must kill The World’s Father, and his perfect future with him.  But should they?  How many people would a hero allow to die to ensure worldwide utopia?
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99    
    gammasan55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gammasan55
    @xerox-kitty:  that is amazingly bad-a$$, thanks for the pic!
    oldgum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By oldgum

It has been revealed that those are Heroes turned Deathlok.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12  Edited By jakob187

Man, Uncanny X-Force has been great, but the last two issues were phenomenal.  Remender has a great series on his hands here.  #5 & #6 were pretty great.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By zombietag

yo i was so pysched when i figured this out! its awesome. its cool that wrlters are doing things like this to really make the marvel universe tie in together more. both series were super great, and this is really cool.

that was the only thing i was nervous about, was that jason aaron had just done a storyline like this one and it seemed like a copy move, but remender actually took his story and pulled out some more potential from it. very cool.
    shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shrmntnk62

It's been awhile since Deathlok made his debut in X-force. Has the human name for this version ever been stated? I get that his human self was a psychopath (wich is awesome) I just want to know if this is a new guy or one fo the old ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.