Death on the Endless Is Not Omnipotent

#1 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio

LOOKIE getting her ass drilled by a teen gangster..

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No one ever said she was omnipotent...

#3 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
No one ever said she was omnipotent...
Finally someone who realizes that.
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure what you're point is.  She takes a day where she's 'alive' every couple-of-hundred years. 

#5 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
I'm not sure what you're point is.  She takes a day where she's 'alive' every couple-of-hundred years. 
That she is not "omnipotent".
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

You made a statement in the thread title & posted two completely unrelated images.  Where's your argument?  What have those two pages got to do with your claim that she's not omnipotent??  As I explained, they're taken from one day when she's made into a living, breathing human being.  The rest of the time in the centuries she is an aspect that effects life all over the world.  If she wasn't omnipotent then she couldn't greet everyone when they're born & when they die.

There's no point in posting these "[Character] Is Not Omnipotent" threads just because you don't agree with the characters power sets... and then not offering any evidence. 

#7 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

You made a statement in the thread title & posted two completely unrelated images.  Where's your argument?  What have those two pages got to do with your claim that she's not omnipotent??  As I explained, they're taken from one day when she's made into a living, breathing human being.  The rest of the time in the centuries she is an aspect that effects life all over the world.  If she wasn't omnipotent then she couldn't greet everyone when they're born & when they die.

There's no point in posting these "[Character] Is Not Omnipotent" threads just because you don't agree with the characters power sets... and then not offering any evidence. 

Stil..she got owned by a teenage gangster lol..
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

What has that got to do with being Omnipotent? 

#9 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
What has that got to do with being Omnipotent? 
That the fact that omnipotents should not be manhandled by teenaged gangs...whats not to understand????????
#10 Posted by SC (13120 posts) - - Show Bio
Interesting choice of words. The stuff referring to posteriors, and emphasis on the her and such. Now, I am no Sigmund Freud, but I do believe that the real sentiment expressed by this thread is the idea that you are fearful of death, and that this has caused some to dislike women, and their wish fulfillment power fantasy of sorts, involves pretending to be a teenage gangster and killing the Omnipotent metaphysical manifestation of death as to bring yourself (oneself) comfort brought about because of repression from watching Bambi's mom get shot, ironically causing ones fear of death in the first place. 

Except I disagree. The term Omnipotent is broad and multiple applications, and so she can be and also she can also not be. It depends. This is what the writer who writes the character knows and understands. Also conveniently the dictionary. 
#11 Edited by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:

Interesting choice of words. The stuff referring to posteriors, and emphasis on the her and such. Now, I am no Sigmund Freud, but I do believe that the real sentiment expressed by this thread is the idea that you are fearful of death, and that this has caused some to dislike women, and their wish fulfillment power fantasy of sorts, involves pretending to be a teenage gangster and killing the Omnipotent metaphysical manifestation of death as to bring yourself (oneself) comfort brought about because of repression from watching Bambi's mom get shot, ironically causing ones fear of death in the first place. 

Except I disagree. The term Omnipotent is broad and multiple applications, and so she can be and also she can also not be. It depends. This is what the writer who writes the character knows and understands. Also conveniently the dictionary. 

LOL...I know she is a IT....just funny how people think that it is more powerful than a hollow in bleach..f-cking lol comics...lawl
#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:

LOL
#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58030 posts) - - Show Bio

DEATH IS OMNIPOTENT.

#14 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

DEATH IS OMNIPOTENT.

No, it got manhandled by teenage gangbangers..so..no
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@Coolii said:

"Stil..she got owned by a teenage gangster lol.."

And;

"That the fact that omnipotents should not be manhandled by teenaged gangs...whats not to understand????????"

I don't understand why someone would post two completely unrelated things.  A statement about how Death is apparently not Omnipotent, and two pages that do not support that statement.  You then go on to refuse to provide any evidence to support your claim, prefering to "LOL" at the idea that a teenager "owned" her, instead.

As with the "Pre-Beyonder Is Not Omnipotent" thread, you clearly haven't read any of the actual comics in which the character appears.  You'ev made a thread based on a couple of pictures.  Therefore you are making trollish comments based on pages that have been taken completely out of context.

As I explained before, those images are based on a story where she is alive for one day.  One day's worth of events being taken out of context, considering that for all moments before and after that day she is everywhere.  Everywhere at all times, to greet every living creature when they are born and again when they die.  Therefore full-filling the very definition of "Omnipotent".

It's called common sense.  It's very easy to understand.  So aside from "trolling" I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone would make threads like these.

#16 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I know nobody around here reads comics but assuming anyone was interested, read to the end of the series...when Didi (the one getting hit) dies, she meets Death...I'm not saying Death is omnipotent, but nobody can kill her if that's what your implying

she's already proven herself to be the last person in the universe in a series that is canon so it can't be denied she's the last being at the end unless it gets retconned

#17 Posted by Billy Batson (58030 posts) - - Show Bio
@Coolii said:

@Billy Batson said:

DEATH IS OMNIPOTENT.

No, it got manhandled by teenage gangbangers..so..no

XK:

they're taken from one day when she's made into a living, breathing human being.  The rest of the time in the centuries she is an aspect that effects life all over the world.  If she wasn't omnipotent then she couldn't greet everyone when they're born & when they die.    

#18 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

also, her name is Death of the Endless, not on the Endless

#19 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

also, her name is Death of the Endless, not on the Endless

F-CK LOL TYPO
#20 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

@Coolii said:

And;

"That the fact that omnipotents should not be manhandled by teenaged gangs...whats not to understand????????"

I don't understand why someone would post two completely unrelated things.  A statement about how Death is apparently not Omnipotent, and two pages that do not support that statement.  You then go on to refuse to provide any evidence to support your claim, prefering to "LOL" at the idea that a teenager "owned" her, instead.

As with the "Pre-Beyonder Is Not Omnipotent" thread, you clearly haven't read any of the actual comics in which the character appears.  You'ev made a thread based on a couple of pictures.  Therefore you are making trollish comments based on pages that have been taken completely out of context.

As I explained before, those images are based on a story where she is alive for one day.  One day's worth of events being taken out of context, considering that for all moments before and after that day she is everywhere.  Everywhere at all times, to greet every living creature when they are born and again when they die.  Therefore full-filling the very definition of "Omnipotent".

It's called common sense.  It's very easy to understand.  So aside from "trolling" I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone would make threads like these.

I'm not trolling just stating facts LOL
#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

I know nobody around here reads comics but assuming anyone was interested, read to the end of the series...when Didi (the one getting hit) dies, she meets Death...I'm not saying Death is omnipotent, but nobody can kill her if that's what your implying

she's already proven herself to be the last person in the universe in a series that is canon so it can't be denied she's the last being at the end unless it gets retconned

Does her being the last being include the Presence?  I've never really thought of it as being a thing that could "die", thus Death wouldn't need to be there.
#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@aztek the lost said:

Does her being the last being include the Presence? I've never really thought of it as being a thing that could "die", thus Death wouldn't need to be there.

The Presence abandoned the universe (although that wouldn't be considered DCU canon according to the new heads of DC) but even if he didn't leave it yet in present time, she does close the universe behind her in the far future, so either he died or he moved on, either way she's the last one...(Destiny was the second last)

#23 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Coolii said:

@xerox-kitty said:

@Coolii said:

And;

I don't understand why someone would post two completely unrelated things. A statement about how Death is apparently not Omnipotent, and two pages that do not support that statement. You then go on to refuse to provide any evidence to support your claim, prefering to "LOL" at the idea that a teenager "owned" her, instead.

As with the "Pre-Beyonder Is Not Omnipotent" thread, you clearly haven't read any of the actual comics in which the character appears. You'ev made a thread based on a couple of pictures. Therefore you are making trollish comments based on pages that have been taken completely out of context.

As I explained before, those images are based on a story where she is alive for one day. One day's worth of events being taken out of context, considering that for all moments before and after that day she is everywhere. Everywhere at all times, to greet every living creature when they are born and again when they die. Therefore full-filling the very definition of "Omnipotent".

It's called common sense. It's very easy to understand. So aside from "trolling" I'm struggling to comprehend why anyone would make threads like these.

I'm not trolling just stating facts LOL

statements that contradict the truth are not facts

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@aztek the lost said:

Does her being the last being include the Presence? I've never really thought of it as being a thing that could "die", thus Death wouldn't need to be there.

The Presence abandoned the universe (although that wouldn't be considered DCU canon according to the new heads of DC) but even if he didn't leave it yet in present time, she does close the universe behind her in the far future, so either he died or he moved on, either way she's the last one...(Destiny was the second last)

Ahk, thank you.

That always seemed odd to me, surely Death's destiny would be to be the last being in existence...So then Destiny should be the last being, but then he dies...So Death is left.... Paradox O_O
#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@aztek the lost said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@aztek the lost said:

Ahk, thank you. That always seemed odd to me, surely Death's destiny would be to be the last being in existence...So then Destiny should be the last being, but then he dies...So Death is left.... Paradox O_O

yeah, it's bothered me before too...but eh, what'll you do...we don't know the beginnings of The Endless, we shouldn't expect to be able to understand their end

#26 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek the lost: Hugs Aztek for making sense of one of the greatest characters every made...I like you.

#27 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow: I like me too hugs self

I'm betting my soul on whether or not Death is real, I can't wait to have a long chat with her!

#28 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: True. Oh well, thanks for the chat :)
#29 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: np, I'm always ecstatic when there's an excuse for me to post in a thread related to Vertigo stuff, even if it's usually not the stuff I want to talk about

#30 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek the lost: It would be a rather fun to chat with death, her sisters would be a laugh too!

#31 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Final Arrow: I've already met Delirium, when the ice-cream flavored rainbow fish were chasing me to steal my secrets...and I see Despair every time I look in the mirror...haven't met the rest of them yet though, well I think I may have seen Destiny but couldn't be sure about that one

#32 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio

I still say DC's death is not omnipotent...

#33 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I should not feed the troll but...

@Coolii said:

I still say DC's death is not omnipotent...

You maybe got the idea that she did it willingly? That she LET the teenage gangster hit her? That is a part of omnipotence too, deciding to get hit.
#34 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Death is omnipotent , she choose to be in human form as stated several times , she let the person hit her since she knew it wouldnt truely harm her. Lock thread.

#35 Posted by Coolii (286 posts) - - Show Bio

haha comics
#36 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4733 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm failing to grasp the choice of wording in this topic. Omnipotence and invulnerability don't go hand-in-hand. In fact, they're two distinct words with entirely different definitions.

#37 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Coolii said:
LOL...I know she is a IT....just funny how people think that it is more powerful than a hollow in bleach..f-cking lol comics...lawl

Why are you guys falling for all this.
Anyone who writes such sentence is a troll :P
#38 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13190 posts) - - Show Bio

dosnt this just mean that she chooses to give up her omnipotence for a short while? it dosnt mean that she's not ever omnipotent
#39 Posted by Joey809 (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Death is a normal human..

#40 Posted by duderkyle (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course shes not..

#41 Posted by Primebonnick (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

bump that link shows nothing but yes the only omnipotent being in dcnu/vertigo is the presence/yahweh so yea we know death is not omnipotent.

#42 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2321 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Her name is Death OF the Endless. Not Death ON the Endless. That doesn't even make sense.

2. No one ever stated she was omnipotent,so this entire thread was redundant.

3. It's sad how you don't even support your argument with facts. You just use Out-Of-Context images that prove nothing,especially when it was stated by multiple people that she chooses to be mortal every hundred years (or something like that). So those images don' prove anything.

4. Where did that Hollow thing from Bleach come from? You just look like another insecure ignorant anime fanboy to me.

5. Saying that something is a fact doesn't make it a fact.

The Moon is made out of dead cow meat... just "stating the facts".

7. It's better when you actually know what you're talking about,instead of letting your enthusiasm for lolanime get in the way.

8. Your account probably isn't active anymore......

Moving Along

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.