inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    No Caption Provided
    Deadpool, who seemingly has way to many on-going and mini-series at the moment, gets into his 27th issue of this series, which features the awesomeness of a Daniel Way written Steve Rogers.

The Good

I'll admit it. I'm a little annoyed that Deadpool has numerous amounts of books right now, and most of them are pretty mediocre, and a few are just terrible. However, this book, since the beginning, continues to be a solid and fun read thanks mostly in part to Daniel Way's awesome and "laugh out loud" writing. The art is still awesome: a little bit of comic + a little bit of cartoon + a little bit of anime, the perfect mixture for a book this ridiculous. The whole issue is pretty much Deadpool blowing things up and firing guns, so if you're into that, you'll be in heaven. I love the dynamic between Deadpool and Steve Rogers. There isn't too much of it in this issue, but what's there is pretty funny. Next issue will have a lot more of it.

The Bad

Umm... Nothing really happens. Sure, it's a lot of fun, but the whole issue is a little throwaway, since it just leads up to Steve asking Deadpool to work with him. Other than that, there's nothing to complain about, it's Deadpooltastic!

The Verdict - 4/5

Even though I don't like the character as much as I used to, you can't deny that this book is solid and does what it's supposed to, make you laugh. It's essentially the 90s action film in comic book form. This is a good starting off point for new fans, so if you're interested in the character, pick this book up for sure. Recommended!
    hydro 300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hydro 300

I think he is awesome!

countvontrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By countvontrey

It figures I dropped this one in favor of Merc with a Mouth and that one is done now. I just lost interest in this one as it seemed aimless to me sometime after his fight with Bullseye.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O

I love that cover.  Heck, the comics listed thus far have great covers.
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Man of Lengend

great comic loved it

fjhollings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fjhollings

Deadpool consistently has my favorite covers 
    <3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.