Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    After being insulted by a club owner on TV, Deadpool heads out to Vegas for an encounter with an old friend/foe.

The Good

I was so pleased to see this issue call back to the classic Joe Kelly run on Deadpool, with the return of "the box" and the reveal of the House's true identity. Actually, the House was definitely the highlight of this issue. He's got that hilarious card-themed gimmick and Barberi makes him (and this new Wildcard guy, too) look so damn slick. Seriously, I almost wanted to turn his reveal page into a pin-up. Kudos to the colorist too.  I also love how the whole plot of this issue starts with DP channel surfing and then heading to Vegas with a vendetta  - - all just because he was dissed on TV! That's such a classic Deadpool motivation. Grizzly's selection as the villain was a great choice, too. The part where he unleashes his deadly "bear hug" made me laugh out loud, for real.

The Bad

Even though it was added up to a funny line, I still think the way DP got out of the Box was a little too convenient. Actually, "the way" he got out isn't even shown. You can't paint a character into a corner and then just have him magically walk over the paint. C'mon!

The Verdict - 4.5./5

This wasn't as gut busting hilarious as the other DP books have been, but it was still damn funny. Believe it or not, the focus was actually more on the story here and it's great take-offon the Heroic Age. I'll say again how pleased I was to see this issue pulling up some threads from Classic Deadpool (is it classic already? Wow, I feel old.) Also, it's worth noting that Barberi's talents are tremendous. I can see some inklings of influence from Pasqual Ferry in his work, and I really think he should be getting greater attention. He's that good. And I'm really curious to see how this plot with the House and Wild Card (if you'll excuse the pun)... plays out. Place this next to Invincible Iron Man as one of the best books this week.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

i hate deadpool
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By doordoor123
    @cattlebattle said:
    " i hate deadpool "
    i hate cattlebattle.
    Deadpool could be hilarious at times. 
    My problem is the writers of this series. 
    Deadpool could be written so much better.
    this issue was alright. I didnt laugh out loud like i have for other Deadpool comics.
    HaHaManHV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HaHaManHV
    @cattlebattle: I hate Deadpool from a consumers standpoint because he's the new Wolverine, he's thrown into everything. This main book is good. Merc with a Mouth is okay. Everything else tends to be barely alright or bad. It's not the character, it's the writers. Under Daniel Way though, he's gold.
    NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NXH
    @cattlebattle said:
    "i hate deadpool "

I can understand why. 
    The guy's f**king everywhere these days. 
    Including my display photo lol ^_^ 
    The only deadpool series I read and do enjoy is just this current regular series here.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @cattlebattle said:
    " i hate deadpool "
    Then ignore him and don't post here.
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @cattlebattle said:
    " i hate deadpool "
    Then ignore him and don't post here. "
    agreed X)
    StingX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StingX2

The focus on Deadpool when he's out of the box is on his belt, because it's his teleporter belt. While not a know for readers who pick up one issue in this series he claims a new belt off osborn in the first few issues.

Roninidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Roninidas

I'm not a huge Deadpool fan, or at least not until about 6 months ago; roughly. I never disliked Deadpool, I just never read him.  My buddy was like, dude, you got to read Deadpool and I've been digging it ever since.  The thing I live most about Deadpool is how he stands out from the rest of the Marvel Universe.  His books are always such a breathe of Fresh Air.  So, I dig it. 
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Man of Lengend

loved this issue
    Avatar image for onbao_og_mike_hancho
    oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MMMMMMMM  
       MMMMMMMM 
       MMMMMMMM         ________________________________________________    _
                                       /                                                                                                                        \
       MMMMMMMM        I                         DEADPOOL          IS             A                                            I
       MMMMMMMM        I                                                                                                                        I
    MMMMMMMMMM     I                                                                                                                        I
        __________        I  XXXXXXX       XXXXXXX          XXX                XXX            XXXXXXXXXX   I
      _-----------------_      I  XXX   XXX      XXX              XXX   XXX        XX           xx           XXX            I
      [=====] [=====]     I  XXXXXXXX     XXXXX        XX         XX        XXXXXXX              XXX           I
     C (O)__s__(O) 9 <   XXX   XXXX    XXX            XXXXXXXXX    xx             XXX          XXX           I
          \ + + + + /              LXXXXXXXX__ XXXXXXX_XXX___XXX__ _XXXXXX______XXX   !!!  _ /
            \--------/ 
                VV 
                 V              

Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Suigetsu

I dont like Daniel Way's deadpool. But Quesada doesnt give a fck and the editor is an ass.

ninjadude853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By ninjadude853

okay first off, this issue reignited my interest in deadpool, i was prepared to stop getting deadpool stuff before yesterday 

@cattlebattle:
    then why go to deadpool related news? seriously dude, wtf?
    @oNBAo OG Mike Hancho:
    i don't get it

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Dark Cell
    @cattlebattle said:
    " i hate deadpool "
    thats a shame, ur really missing out 
    Avatar image for onbao_og_mike_hancho
    oNBAo OG Mike Hancho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjadude853: i knew that freakin comicvine would mess it up again... occasionally it works though,... well still, i guess just click on "See mini bio" to see wut it SHOULD of said... 

EDITED SOON AFTER... 
    @ninjadude853:  oh wait, nvm. i fixed it now. ill see if the image stays or if the html settings of comicvine kickin again... 
    -basically it was supposed to be a guy with a top hat, eyes wide open, shouting "Deadpool is a ...BEAST" through his teeth. not some of my best work but did it in about 5 mins.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

fix

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.