You think Deadpool should have his own cartoon series?

#1 Posted by mv (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

My life would have meaning again if that happened ....no but seriously what do you think ?

#2 Posted by Waffle Fries (862 posts) - - Show Bio

I like deadpool, fun character, but what audience would the cartoon target? kids? no thanks, theres already a watered down version of wolverine...now if it was like the Spawn series on HBO or the Maxx series on MTV that would be awsome.

#3 Posted by mv (2069 posts) - - Show Bio

ok , thanks

#4 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6449 posts) - - Show Bio

He should!

#5 Posted by xerox_kitty (17338 posts) - - Show Bio
Waffle Fries said:
"I like deadpool, fun character, but what audience would the cartoon target? kids? no thanks, theres already a watered down version of wolverine...now if it was like the Spawn series on HBO or the Maxx series on MTV that would be awsome."

Yeah, there are a lot more adult orientated animated series now than when Spawn or Maxx were made, but... I can't see Marvel going for it.  They make cartoons for kids.  They're not even going to make R rated films any more.  And even though DP has a large enough supporting cast, they aren't widely known like the X-Men's large supporting cast... so there's not so much to entice the non-Deadpool readers to watch.

if one were made, I'd hope that it would be animated in McGuiness' style.  I'd like that.
#6 Posted by Waffle Fries (862 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"Waffle Fries said:
"I like deadpool, fun character, but what audience would the cartoon target? kids? no thanks, theres already a watered down version of wolverine...now if it was like the Spawn series on HBO or the Maxx series on MTV that would be awsome."
Yeah, there are a lot more adult orientated animated series now than when Spawn or Maxx were made, but... I can't see Marvel going for it.  They make cartoons for kids.  They're not even going to make R rated films any more.  And even though DP has a large enough supporting cast, they aren't widely known like the X-Men's large supporting cast... so there's not so much to entice the non-Deadpool readers to watch.if one were made, I'd hope that it would be animated in McGuiness' style.  I'd like that."
True, Punisher really screwed that up and Marvel can make more money with something aimed at a wider audience... But how would you make a kid show about a guy who basicly kills people for a living and making fun of them while doing it?
#7 Posted by xerox_kitty (17338 posts) - - Show Bio

That's my point.  Marvel only make cartoons for kids.  They wouldn't make something that would be on a limited timeslot after the watershed.

#8 Posted by Elian Allen (1042 posts) - - Show Bio
MTS said:
"My life would have meaning again if that happened

#9 Posted by mv (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
Elian Allen said:
"MTS said:
"My life would have meaning again if that happened
"

LOL oh yeah ....
#10 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no better character for it. Deadpool's cartoon would be the perfect combination of action and comedy.

#11 Edited by DEADPOOL (2925 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes! It would have to be an evening-time cartoon though so it can get away with more. And quite honestly, it would greatly appeal to the South Park and Family Guy audiences.

#12 Posted by Bio Guyver (6821 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it should be on Comedy Central.

#13 Edited by Magnus/Murdock (509 posts) - - Show Bio

It should be more of a comedy than action, Cable would be a supporting character, every end of an episode Deadpool would talk to the audience about "The moral of the story" (It should be funny and sarcastic, of course ) lots of fourth wall breaking and pop culture references.

If they make a DP show like this, It would be the best show of all time.

#14 Posted by WadePoolFan (5 posts) - - Show Bio

super super awesome... i want a deadpool cartoon now, it would be sooooooo cool

#15 Posted by Clint Barton (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Only on Adult Swim.Wade is too graphic for younger viewers.

#16 Posted by geometry (1243 posts) - - Show Bio
MTS said:
"My life would have meaning again if that happened ....no but seriously what do you think ? "

I would watch it.
#17 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

They'd have to water him down for younger viewers.

I don't know if a series is a good idea. A Marvel Animated feature would be good.

#18 Posted by Suigetsu (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

a deadpool anime would be pretty interesting.
But written by joe kelly.
He has written shows and movies already so he has some experience on this kind of field.

#19 Posted by Detective (582 posts) - - Show Bio

would be great to make a late night type show like South Park, i think it could be more markatable then people think

#20 Posted by danhimself (21321 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it would work if it were done on HBO and i'm picturing it in my head as the same style as the Spawn animated series....do you remember at the beginning of each episode of Spawn they had Todd Mcfarlane talking about what's happened and hinting about what's going to happen? well replace that with Deadpool

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (89666 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" They'd have to water him down for younger viewers.I don't know if a series is a good idea. A Marvel Animated feature would be good. "
He would suck watered down.
#22 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1398 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
" They'd have to water him down for younger viewers.I don't know if a series is a good idea. A Marvel Animated feature would be good. "
He would suck watered down.
"
I completely agree. Look at X-men Origins: Wolverine. He has so diluted in that movie he's almost unrecognizable.
#23 Posted by Andferne (38280 posts) - - Show Bio

I world of no.

#24 Posted by Nibiru (683 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

#25 Posted by Nighthunter (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

Adult Swim

#26 Posted by The Crimson Nutcase (845 posts) - - Show Bio

I would want it to be on Adult Swim, but honestly i LOVE the character...but i would rather him have an animated movie  instead of an animated series only b/c i wouldnt want him over-used like Wolverine...

#27 Posted by Obsurity (273 posts) - - Show Bio

If they did have a show I'd believe that it would have to be on Sci-fi channel or Adult Swim. I don't think they'd have enough of a audience to do one but if they did a animated movie like Hulk,Avengers ect... I'd definitely buy it

#28 Posted by Static Shock (49111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Obsurity said:
" If they did have a show I'd believe that it would have to be on Sci-fi channel or Adult Swim. I don't think they'd have enough of a audience to do one but if they did a animated movie like Hulk,Avengers ect... I'd definitely buy it "

#29 Posted by Wael Hero X (265 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he should he's a funny and cool character

#30 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool has an animated series it called Deadpool and Friends. Ha ha ha.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.