would the return of T-ray make deadpool comics better?

#1 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

As you know. T ray is deadpool's arch rival and probably his only rival in his somewhat long series. But if he returned, would it make deadpool popular?

#2 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

There was Cable, but they became friends.

If my brains don't fail me, I believe T-Ray is now an guardian to the multiverse.

Nevertheless, a lot of things could get better on Deadpool comics, I don't think bringing T-Ray back would solve much of it.

Still, I adore DP and I believe he's the best and one of the most complex characters ever made by this industrie.

RESPECT!

#3 Posted by XXXXXXXXX (19 posts) - - Show Bio
@ranvage said:

There was Cable, but they became friends.

If my brains don't fail me, I believe T-Ray is now an guardian to the multiverse.

Nevertheless, a lot of things could get better on Deadpool comics, I don't think bringing T-Ray back would solve much of it.

Still, I adore DP and I believe he's the best and one of the most complex characters ever made by this industrie.

RESPECT!

very true.
#4 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12570 posts) - - Show Bio

no. the return of good writers would though

#5 Posted by charlespdk (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage: Last we saw him in C&D you are right, he was some dumb guardian of shit no one cares about. I never really like T-Ray, but some recurring baddy would be nice. T-Ray always challenged his path to becoming a hero by throwing his history in his face and bringing out his 'true nature.' I want to see Sluggo come back as a baddy.

#6 Posted by Rabbit_May_Cry (303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Haustyl12 said:

As you know. T ray is deadpool's arch rival and probably his only rival in his somewhat long series. But if he returned, would it make deadpool popular?

What would make Deadpool a better story is a more serious story. Marvel just has Deadpool randomly doin' things. Give him a path, let him have a goal. As of now he's just dealin' with whatever happens to him, but if he had a reason to fight...THAT would make the story better.

Look at X-Force Deadpool. He's the same Deadpool, but with a reason of why he does what he does. And the "X-Force" Deadpool is better than the "Deadpool" Deadpool.

With reason, you have a better story.

#7 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio
Give him a path, let him have a goal.

Agreed. He needs longer and more complex arcs. Such we’ve seen in Landau, Luckman and Lake and the whole Messiah thing.

It feels like Deadpool is only bouncing around, not going anywhere.

#8 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage said:

Give him a path, let him have a goal.

Agreed. He needs longer and more complex arcs. Such we’ve seen in Landau, Luckman and Lake and the whole Messiah thing.

It feels like Deadpool is only bouncing around, not going anywhere.

No? Really? Deadpool needs an actual writer. You know, who actually plans stories out before he writes them. Daniel Way just seems to be 'winging it' has he goes. As I said: all we've gotten so far is one gimmick-filled story after another, all tied together with the most absurd and ridiculous explanations. Sure some of the stuff is funny at times, but 48 issues into this series, I think we can all agree that it is way beyond time to give readers some actual content which I've been missing since the Bullseye arc.

#9 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio
I think we can all agree that it is way beyond time to give readers some actual content which I've been missing since the Bullseye arc.

Yes! I agree with that!

Please don't think I like the way things are being handled now with the Deadpool issues.

I only believe that Cable and Deadpool was even worse than what we are having now, and I was happy to see The little, although real, improvement.

Since we all agree the writer is the main problem, we can only hope Marvel will put someone else on his place, or he will change his writing style.

I truly hope he is changing his writing method, giving Deadpool a bigger meaning. As I commented on other topic:

Disagree. I didn’t like Evil Deadpool or the way things are being handled. It didn’t seem original or anyhow different.
The only good point about this issue is the character physiological development. They are starting to pursue Wade as a real hero, using the smugglers as an example of the merc’s heroism.
I hope they finally put him as a real hero or just go back to the oldschool badass Deadpool. I can’t cope anymore with the “Let’s be a hero. Let’s go back being a bloody mercenary.” Thing. It happened four or three times throughout Deadpool’s arcs and storyline. It’s time to choose a side and be done with it.
#10 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

QFT!
#11 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage: It seems we both agree on pretty much everything except for Cable & Deadpool. I actually love that series. Maybe it's because that was the series where I first encountered Deadpool. But I really liked Deadpool there, I agree that Cable did the more meaningful (with the whole Messiah thing and all) stuff, whereas Deadpool did less, but I do feel that the things that Deadpool did do, were pretty accurate and true to his character.

Plus I really loved the dynamic. I'd pick a second run of Cable & Deadpool above the current ongoing series any day. But lets just agree to disagree on this ;).

By the way, have you read Uncanny X-Force so far? I really like how Deadpool's being handled there, even though Remender should make him come off a bit more bad-ass like he did with last issue.

#12 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShirEPanjshir I read it and I loved it.

Not only DP, but the X-force notion is pretty well worked. I mean,The x-men always had enemies, but the need to deal with them in the shadows has grown greatly throughout the years.

They’ve putted together the deadliest, sneakiest and most competent characters in the art of hunting and silent killing. I do believe this is the best X-Force team yet, even better than Cable’s original X-force squad.

About Deadpool, he is finally being treated, once again, as a kick-ass mercenary. Instead of a buffoon, we see Wade displaying his skills, without loosing some of his funny, peculiar and somewhat insane side. He is finally part of a group and he is not doing it for the money. Funny thing, he is now REALLY a part of the X-men, but on their secret team. Ha ha.

Yeah, it would be nice if we had more scenes of DP kicking ass, like we’ve saw him doing against Blob, but in the end it’s a team book.

#13 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel needs to solve things with the character and stop the he is insane bullcrap.

#14 Posted by Decibelle (10 posts) - - Show Bio

The insanity angle is one of the best parts of Deadpool. I prefer it to some of the more inane elements, such as exploring his far-flung past. Typhoid Mary, though? Bring her back. Those original storylines defined Deadpool, and I miss 'em.

#15 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

T-Ray is a terrible villain but he can be fun in small doses. I would not be opposed to having him pop back up.

What'd I'd like to see is bringing Mercedez back. That would remove any ambiguity on who Deadpool really is.

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@Abnormally Warm Guy said:

T-Ray is a terrible villain but he can be fun in small doses. I would not be opposed to having him pop back up.

What'd I'd like to see is bringing Mercedez back. That would remove any ambiguity on who Deadpool really is.

Yeah, becuase know about the past of a character never ruins the character...

Wait, that means Wolverine Origins wasnt a complete failure.

They need to solve things, but let people on their graves.

#17 Posted by SinSyndicate (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that T-ray is a terrible villain. I actually liked the Black Swan as a Deadpool villain because he's everything Deadpool isn't--sauve, cultured, calm. I thought he made a much nicer foil for Pool. Obviously though, the name is unfortunate at this point. :D

#18 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Marvel needs to sit down and figure out what they need to do with the character. I think he has been written inconsistently and over the top. His characterization in Uncanny X-FORCE is perfect imo, and spot on to the way he was first portrayed in New Mutants and X-FORCE vol. 1. Now it seems like they more often than not make him into a laughable flake, not a badass assassin and mercenary like he truly is. After Wolverine Origins came out and Deadpool Mania swept across the nation Marvel really whored him out and put him in everything, we had like 7 poorly written crappy Deadpool titles instead of one well written one. I do have hope for the Evil Deadpool arc though.

#19 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage said:

@ShirEPanjshir I read it and I loved it.

Not only DP, but the X-force notion is pretty well worked. I mean,The x-men always had enemies, but the need to deal with them in the shadows has grown greatly throughout the years.

They’ve putted together the deadliest, sneakiest and most competent characters in the art of hunting and silent killing. I do believe this is the best X-Force team yet, even better than Cable’s original X-force squad.

About Deadpool, he is finally being treated, once again, as a kick-ass mercenary. Instead of a buffoon, we see Wade displaying his skills, without loosing some of his funny, peculiar and somewhat insane side. He is finally part of a group and he is not doing it for the money. Funny thing, he is now REALLY a part of the X-men, but on their secret team. Ha ha.

Yeah, it would be nice if we had more scenes of DP kicking ass, like we’ve saw him doing against Blob, but in the end it’s a team book.

QFT. And this, gentlemen, is why you all should be reading Uncanny X-Force. Go buy it, now.

#20 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Unfortunately the internet at work runs very poorly and I can only use the "simple textarea" instead of the text editor to post, otherwise I would have a lot of QFT from what some of you all have said. Bottom line, the creative team and Marvel execs need to realize he's "The Merc With A Mouth" not "Bozo The Clown With A Gun."

#21 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: not a valid argument. Mercedez was alive last we saw her.

#22 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

For the last time, there is no way to know if some one is alive or death on the comic books.

Also, is a valid Argument, Wolverine is boring since his whole origin thing came out.

#23 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

While it is true that no comic death really ever sticks, but we have to assume Mercedez is alive since the last time we saw her she was alive, and we haven't seen anything in the books to change that. Marvel loves killing characters, they kill someone every other week, theres no way they'd miss the chance to kill someone in the pages of a book in favor of justing saying "yeah we decided this _____ is dead, but were not going to show anything about it in a comic. They just wouldn't do that. So a character is alive unless we've seen otherwise.

#24 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

Also did you remember you used to tell me, Uncle Ben was never going to be back, Amazing Spiderman 500 bring him back.

@MetropolisKid41 said:

While it is true that no comic death really ever sticks, but we have to assume Mercedez is alive since the last time we saw her she was alive, and we haven't seen anything in the books to change that. Marvel loves killing characters, they kill someone every other week, theres no way they'd miss the chance to kill someone in the pages of a book in favor of justing saying "yeah we decided this _____ is dead, but were not going to show anything about it in a comic. They just wouldn't do that. So a character is alive unless we've seen otherwise.

To be honest, is Marvel, you dont know what wacky idea they will have next.

Also dying out of screen is more normal that most of people think.

#25 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me one example in comic books where a character was killed off panel and nothing was said about it.

#26 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys.

It's all opened up for interpretation. She could be alive, dead or dead alive.

Seems like the writers forgot about her, so her current condition doesn't matter.

#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@MetropolisKid41 said:

Give me one example in comic books where a character was killed off panel and nothing was said about it.

Mr. and Mrs. Miller.

Sharon Smith.

Shinobi Shaw.

And even Beast once if i remember well.

@ranvage said:

You guys.

It's all opened up for interpretation. She could be alive, dead or dead alive.

Seems like the writers forgot about her, so her current condition doesn't matter.

She died off panel or wasnt real or could be actually another character and Deadpool changed this character for a fantasy kalled Mercedez.

#28 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Many answers are possible.

We simply depend too much on the writers, cause all our assumptions are made wrong if the writer just feels like it.

It's either concrete, like Copycat's death, or it's opened to interpretation, like this matter.

And even then, some concrete facts are tossed around by the almighty typewriter.

#29 Posted by ShadowPanther (132 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

QFT!
#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Many answers are possible.

We simply depend too much on the writers, cause all our assumptions are made wrong if the writer just feels like it.

It's either concrete, like Copycat's death, or it's opened to interpretation, like this matter.

And even then, some concrete facts are tossed around by the almighty typewriter.

There is no such thing as death in the comic books.

I mean, the reason why people dont go crazy on suerpeheroes and villains, is becuase all the people they kill also gets back from the grave, that explains why people dont go and try to hunt them, even when they have killed 1 of every 3 citizens.

#31 Edited by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

I agree to this. I don't like it when they write stories where Pool acts like a clown (because he isn't one). I'm not so far like the most of you (as a reader of the German publishings I've just finished Deadpool # 26). So I don't know how it went from this issue on. But when I look at the arcs with the X-Men, Spidey and Hit Monkey I see a a Pool who is more retarted than a merc with a mouth. I mean that he is a funny dude doesn't mean that he got to be mr. slapstick.
#32 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: They are killed one the writers don't feel they are important again, copycat being the example.

As long they bring some economical feedback they are kept alive, some die momentarily, like Jean, but are often brought back to live.

It is possible some wacky writer brings a long dead character back, only for the heck of it, but it's not a rule.

#33 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage: Uncle Ben was back at Amazing Spiderman 500, what means, no one stays dead in the comic books.

#34 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Gwen Stacy is dead...

Remembering clones don't count.

#35 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: Gwen Stacy is dead...

Remembering clones don't count.

Uncle Ben was back, that mean anything goes, also i am not that sure her character is going to stay dead for other 15 years, is pretty obvious to me at least, that Marvel will decide to bring her back from the grave, at least for one number.

#36 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: If she comes back like uncle Ben, just for one issue, I conssider both of them to be more dead than alive.

The real problem are charcterts like Jean, that are ofently brought back to live by a notorious time.

Only to die again and start the cycle anew.

#37 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage said:

@DeathpooltheT1000: If she comes back like uncle Ben, just for one issue, I conssider both of them to be more dead than alive.

The real problem are charcterts like Jean, that are ofently brought back to live by a notorious time.

Only to die again and start the cycle anew.

No one satys dead, evenfor one number everybody gets back, what destroy the whole idea of dying in the first place.

#38 Posted by ranvage (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: Frank Oliver, the first Kangaroo, never came back and never will.

#39 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ranvage:He will stay death until some one decide to go GrantMorrison on Spiderman and bring him back.

People that makes comic books, bring back characters becuase they cant remember who is dead and who is alive.

#40 Posted by arcanineryu2 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

probally not, if anything it would only bring down t-ray. no, deadpool needs some writers to get a bit more serious with his character before they bring back T-ray. and i dont mean make deadpool more serious(alright maybe a little bit), i mean get some writers that really know how to handle the character and are serious about making the best deadpool they can

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.