Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Would Deadpool still be as popular if... ?

• 81 results
    VillainousV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By VillainousV

Deadpool would be popular if he 

• was the star quarterback
    • dated the head cheerleader
    • and won the title of Homecoming King
    Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@VillainousV said:
    " Deadpool would be popular if he 

• was the star quarterback
    • dated the head cheerleader
    • and won the title of Homecoming King
    "
    No.
    @Deadcool said:
    " @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    Why is more dissapointing that awnser when is coming from my?
    If Deadpool is black or latin or asian, it changes something, the cultureral background changes for the same, it could be more or less popular.
    Think about Batman, if he was asian, his cultural background changes and for the same the character changes.
    Something like Spiderman:India with Pavitr Prabhakar. "
     That "indian" spider-man is a bad example, he stills White, but you are right in the part of the cultural background, people expects that changing the race change the complete character, and also What is the difference? ...
    Spiderman still having the Great Power and Great responsibility, an asian Batman would be continue to be the GODDAMN BATMAN, Deadpool SHOULD BE FUNNY, no mater what happens to him.
    The one change that I really complained is Baraka-pool in X-men: Wolverine Origins, he wasnt that funny (LOL). "
    The background changes you, look at Wrath and Prometheus, both of them were the "AntiBatman", both have the same background that Bruce and they are villains, the same about Owlman, he is th "older" "brother" of Bruce, but something change, so that changes all.
    Is like 1+1=2 1+2=3.
    Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#53  Edited By Deadcool
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    The background changes you, look at Wrath and Prometheus, both of them were the "AntiBatman", both have the same background that Bruce and they are villains, the same about Owlman, he is th "older" "brother" of Bruce, but something change, so that changes all. Is like 1+1=2 1+2=3. "
    They are fictional characters, the background changes anything, they just want excuses and they have the same character.
    An asian Batman would still being the GODDAMN BATMAN, even if the culture is different.
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:

The background changes you, look at Wrath and Prometheus, both of them were the "AntiBatman", both have the same background that Bruce and they are villains, the same about Owlman, he is th "older" "brother" of Bruce, but something change, so that changes all. Is like 1+1=2 1+2=3. "
    ... They are fictional characters, the background changes anything, they just want excuses and they have the same character. An asian Batman would still being the GODDAMN BATMAN, even if the culture is different. "
    Please, stop using that, that is only used by pathetic writters, to do something to the character, that dont works or makes no sense, look at Red Son Superman, it play with the idea of the background, the background changes things, i know, many writters screw character, with the "they are fictional", but that is just a pathetic excuse, to say, sorry i cant do it, but you know, is not that i suck and cant do things, is the fact you suck and you dont understand how things work.
    Is like one Day "Deadpool", wake up and he is gay and jumps around with a Teddy Bear, he cares how people feel and decide to dont shot at people, so like he wears the Deadpool outfit. that mean he is Deadpool?, no, is not Deadpool, is another character in a Deadpool outfit.
    The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By The_Assassin_

Does it matter what race he is? He wears a costume that covers his entire body anyway.

No Caption Provided

I don't think people like Deadpool because he's white, its because of his personality
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mikepool said:
    " Does it matter what race he is? He wears a costume that covers his entire body anyway.

No Caption Provided
    I don't think people like Deadpool because he's white, its because of his personality "
    Things change if the character change one thing, what have sense with a white character, make no sense with a latin one or an asian one.
    The main reason why many latins, asian, gays or blacks sucks, is beacuse they are white heterosexual characters, the other thing is only there to make it look like if the character is not white.
    Something very normal in comics, tv and movies.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Desiderina Redhead said:
    "why would that make a difference?"
    Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Full_Spectrum

No Caption Provided
    this came to mind. Seriously though, only tools and complete @ssholes would care one way or another. Hulk is green, and nobody holds it against him. Norrin Radd is Silver and shiny, nobody cares. and let us not forget the fact that Beast is blue, and it's not held against him. why should black be any difference?
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Full_Spectrum:Because, if something change everything changes, is not the same, if you are a poor kind in africa or a poor kid in france.
    Did Blade would be the awesome F@gmpyres Slayer if he was white, hell nooo!!!
    Spiderman would be the same if he was black, noooo, Captain America, noooo, even Nick Fury changed from his black and white versions. 
    It changes things, this antiracist speach makes no sense, 2+2=4 2+3=5
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Video_Martian

It doesn't matter what Deadpool's race is.

DeathRow1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DeathRow1997

Deadpool is beast, i mean who cares abot his race.  Remember when he turned into a zombie!  he wasnt a race at all.  even if he was Godzilla, he would be the best mouth-talking, butt kicking mamajama in the marvel universe.
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@DeathRow1997: mouth talking? What else would someone talk with? Ha ha ha.
    Full_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Full_Spectrum
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:
    " @Full_Spectrum:Because, if something change everything changes, is not the same, if you are a poor kind in africa or a poor kid in france. Did Blade would be the awesome F@gmpyres Slayer if he was white, hell nooo!!! Spiderman would be the same if he was black, noooo, Captain America, noooo, even Nick Fury changed from his black and white versions.  It changes things, this antiracist speach makes no sense, 2+2=4 2+3=5 "
    it might change a few things about their background, but if they are esentially the same character then their popularity shouldn't drop much. I don't like blade because he's a black guy that kills vampires. i like him because he kills freaking vampires! 

I never said they would be the exact same character, but race shouldn't matter that much. Heimdall is my favorite asgaurdian, but am I ultra pissed that he's black in the movie? no, as long as they remain true to the character. your anti-antiracist speech makes no sense. If a characters race matters so much to you, i kinda pity you.
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By Larkin1388

I think as long as he kept the personality it wouldn't matter what race he was.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't think race plays a factor with Deadpool and I don't think it would matter if his race were different.   

Is this an effort to rile up some racial controversy?
    Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By ReverseNegative
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " @DeathRow1997: mouth talking? What else would someone talk with? Ha ha ha. "
    Deadpool has answered that question all too well.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#67  Edited By SC  Moderator

Unfortunately no. Its an essential aspect of why and how popular the character is. Just like his his penchant to say things that don't make sense, or do they? Dun dun daaaaah! 

Omarpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Omarpool

I usually wonder the same about other heroes but never Deadpool. Half the time you can't even see his face. Now what if Superman or Captain America were another color other than white? Would they still be as popular?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By speedlgt

deadpool is not white hes a chared burnt red hamburger meat color LOL!
    Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Chaos Burn

For some reason, the first black actor I could see playing Deadpool would be Chris Rock... and I hate Chris Rock....  but to be honest it all comes down to style with Deadpool, not colour

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Full_Spectrum said:
    " @Full_Spectrum:Because, if something change everything changes, is not the same, if you are a poor kind in africa or a poor kid in france. Did Blade would be the awesome F@gmpyres Slayer if he was white, hell nooo!!! Spiderman would be the same if he was black, noooo, Captain America, noooo, even Nick Fury changed from his black and white versions.  It changes things, this antiracist speach makes no sense, 2+2=4 2+3=5 "
    it might change a few things about their background, but if they are esentially the same character then their popularity shouldn't drop much. I don't like blade because he's a black guy that kills vampires. i like him because he kills freaking vampires!   I never said they would be the exact same character, but race shouldn't matter that much. Heimdall is my favorite asgaurdian, but am I ultra pissed that he's black in the movie? no, as long as they remain true to the character. your anti-antiracist speech makes no sense. If a characters race matters so much to you, i kinda pity you. "
    Good for you, but Blade would suck if he was white.
    Yeah, but i have talked about the hate, everybody haved with the new Spiderman director, because he thinked he could use a black actor for Spiderman, when people talked about Will Smith as Captain America the same thing.
    I dont care about the Race, i am mexican, and the only mexican i like in Dc and Marvel is rictor, but is beacuase, most of mexican character are a) a horribly cartoon about mexicans or b)white character, that only say i am mexican, because not being white is cool.
    This "antiracist" thing, is more racist that racism.
    Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Spidertheking

When someone is that ugly, does race really matter?

DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DarcStorm

Actually, Deadpool's race is HIGHLY over-assumed to be white. It could be possible that his race is unknown. You see, Deadpool is strongly disfigured...so you can't SEE what race he actually is. Not to mention that his memories have been taken from him...so his origins couldn't possibly include his race, because he doesn't remember what he looked like before the experiments. Writers and fans just assume that he's white...but that could possibly be the BIGGEST lie about Deadpool. Hell, he might not even be Canadian...he just remembers bein' there in his earliest memories.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By armylife1124
    @Spidertheking said:
    "  
     When someone is that ugly, does race really matter?
      "
    Not even sure he is white?
    DarcStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DarcStorm

I just said that right above you.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ethnicity thing wouldn't bother me so much, but whether or not he was a different culture it would still translate really well. I normally can't tell if someone has a Spanish accent in comics, although the Living Lightning always threw out words that confused me as a kid.

armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By armylife1124
    @DarcStorm said:
    " I just said that right above you. "
    yes, yes you did, good job on that reply there....you provided a good explanation, I just wanted to comment on the picture, not devalue your comment.  Besides the majority of people now think that Deadpool is white because he is played by Ryan Reynolds.
    THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

even with a deformed face. can we really say deadpool is white.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

His face is rarely shown, i don't think it affects the character

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Actually, Deadpool's race is HIGHLY over-assumed to be white. It could be possible that his race is unknown. You see, Deadpool is strongly disfigured...so you can't SEE what race he actually is. Not to mention that his memories have been taken from him...so his origins couldn't possibly include his race, because he doesn't remember what he looked like before the experiments. Writers and fans just assume that he's white...but that could possibly be the BIGGEST lie about Deadpool. Hell, he might not even be Canadian...he just remembers bein' there in his earliest memories.

THANK YOU! <3

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he's Mexican but maybe that's just me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.