Would Deadpool Be better or worse in the DC universe?

Posted by Spidertheking (381 posts) - - Show Bio
Everyone know Deadpool is the crazy funny kick ass guy in the Marvel universe, but what if he were in the DC universe? Would he still be as popular or even more? Would he bug the hell of the more well known DC characters like Batman, Or Superman. Would he still be kicking ass, and taking names or would he be getting his ass cut off, and handed back to him? What do you think.
#1 Posted by Sexy Merc (42072 posts) - - Show Bio

He belongs in Marvel. There is no way I can see him in the DC Universe.
#2 Posted by Comiclove5 (1258 posts) - - Show Bio

Worse and like Sexy Merc said: 
@Sexy Merc said:

"He belongs in Marvel. There is no way I can see him in the DC Universe. "

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8814 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he never makes it into DC.

#4 Posted by ArtJoker (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with SexyMerc and Comiclove5, I mean can you imagine Deadpool pulling his shenanigans on Batman? Dude would probably get thrown off the roof or something. the way i see it Marvel is the bright social butterfly younger sibling, versus DC being the moody angsty older brother. Deadpool would have a hard time fitting in, plus if he was in DC, we would probably never hear the end of how the resemblance to Slade Wilson and Wade Wilson is Uncanny.  

#5 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio

DC already has the real "Wilson".

#6 Posted by D3athstroke (3911 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries said:
" DC already has the real "Wilson". "

#7 Posted by KNIGHT SAVIOR (824 posts) - - Show Bio

the real question  how would he  stack up against deathstroke???
#8 Posted by RavenDark (792 posts) - - Show Bio

DC technically has an equivalent...and that is Deathstroke from earth-2...He takes contracts to "save" people...

#9 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

They basically already have Deadpool, he's essentially Deathstroke with a little Plastic Man added for flavor.

#10 Posted by Terran (580 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by GT-Man (4054 posts) - - Show Bio
@Waffle Fries:
slade SUCKS deadpool rocks A$$
#12 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@GT-Man said:
" @Waffle Fries: slade SUCKS deadpool rocks A$$ "
And that's how I know you have know real taste in comics :P
#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

he could be a twin or half brother of Death stroke

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

DC already has two Deadpool's..why would taking Marvel's make a difference?

#15 Posted by Waffle Fries (884 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" he could be a twin or half brother of Death stroke "
That would be an interesting idea. He could be his little brother that's always annoying/embarrassing him.
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: what are DC's two deadpools? 

@Waffle Fries:  lol yea deadpool could be that crazy bc his brother tormented him and beat him so heavily and so often when they were younger and now deadpool just wants to be just like his big brother and wants to do what deathstroke does
#17 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel makes DC look like a kid like how Deadpool makes Deathstroke look like childs play
#18 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
" He belongs in Marvel. There is no way I can see him in the DC Universe. "

#19 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool is too exciting and lively to bein the boring DC universe. i think marvel should retaliate by making a crappy version of deathstroke that enters the marvel universe
#20 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Boring?Your provoking a Dc Fan.

#21 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have an answer to this awesome question.

#22 Posted by mervotron (257 posts) - - Show Bio

This little fan comics someone made might answer your questions...

#23 Posted by mason81 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool was already in a DC comic book (well pretty much anyway). See Superman/Batman Annual #1

And speaking from the perpective of one who generally prefers reading DC Comics to Marvel Comics, I think Deadpool is better off in the Marvel Universe (and I enjoy reading Deadpool).

#24 Posted by Purgy (419 posts) - - Show Bio

That was just too funny words could not explain it

#25 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

@RonSiconolfi: Any universe that has the Flash(wally West) in it is not boring.

#26 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

DeadPool wouldn't fit in in DC. He wouldn't be able to get away with half the stuff he does in Marvel

#27 Edited by ThePool (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool belongs in marvel, but i would like to see him a little more violent, and DC could maybe be the solution..

#28 Posted by Teerack (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

So much worse.

#29 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously with his ties to Weapon X, DP's origin would need some tinkering. But I think of all the Marvel heroes, Deadpool would benefit the most from being in DC. Even though he's immensely popular in the Marvel universe, I get the sense that he fills a role that Marvel has already filled with multiple characters. I mean think about it, how many wise-cracking, spider-man looking characters does the MU already have? That and Marvel has given DP complete crap in the villain department. T-Ray? Taskmaster? George Washington?! Pu-leeeaze.

In DC, Deadpool wouldn't only face more interesting villains, but he'd constantly be monitored and targeted by Justice League members. He would definitely be more anti-hero than hero. His feats would likely skyrocket as well, since DC tends to like to overpower its characters. In Marvel, DP is another face with similar powers as other characters. In DC, DP would be a breath of fresh air. Marvel would never give him up for free though. It'd be interesting to speculate who DC could conceivably give up for him. DC is pretty weak in the B-level hero department.

#30 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him in Marvel more, because of his team ups with Spider-Man, which are always hilarious. There is also quite a nice chemistry between him and Wolverine.

But, I personally would also like to see him in the DC Universe. He would kill the Joker and bang Harleys brain out! Best comicbook pairing ever, Deadpool and Harley. That's perfection ^_^b @joygirl

#31 Posted by Joygirl (19401 posts) - - Show Bio

*folds arms, turns head, denies Deadpool/Harley ship*

#32 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

*folds arms, turns head, denies Deadpool/Harley ship*

Oh come on now! Think of all the possibilties!

#33 Posted by Joygirl (19401 posts) - - Show Bio

Nopenopenope, been over this. Bad pairing.

#34 Posted by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Lobo is Deadpool. They're the exact something in essences. Two ludicrously powerful assholes with a cult following

#35 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

That's why DC has Ambush Bug

#36 Posted by The Stegman (23931 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Deadpool interact with some of the JL, him and the Flash would be hilarious. Or he could try to destroy the Teen Titans just to prove that he can succeed where Slade fails. Slade can be his Taskmaster..only, come out on top most of the time of course, cause he's Deathstroke :P and my God imagine Deadpool meeting Batman...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.