Will there really be a deadpool movie in 2014??

• 52 results
#1 Posted by PaperDemon (608 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear it will be and I've seen many videos on YouTube. I don't know if they are fan made or not.

#2 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read rumours about a Deadpool movie, I think it's in production. Thought it would be coming out next year? I hope the rumours are true.

#3 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so.

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio

There is plans to stat to film the movie the next year, but since Iron Fist had plans to start filming in 2000.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24878 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to say no just based on the fact that the Deadpool popularity surge seems to be on a downturn. Not saying anything bad about the character just that the Deadpool fever of a few years ago when the movie was first brought up has mostly died out.

#6 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

I'm going to say no just based on the fact that the Deadpool popularity surge seems to be on a downturn. Not saying anything bad about the character just that the Deadpool fever of a few years ago when the movie was first brought up has mostly died out.

Possibly due to how they portrayed Deadpool in Wolverine Origins? I mean were the producers and the directors on drugs? Cannot remember Deadpool gaining a ton of mutant powers from other mutants O.O That might of lost interest from Deadpool fans simply because there is a chance they might screw it up again. Would really love a Deadpool film though, he needs one.

#7 Posted by ErnestM (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope their is a deadpool movie. Ryan Renalds was a good deadpool in X-Men orgin.

#8 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18854 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they make one, because even though Ryan Reynolds is a very good actor the way they portrayed Deadpool in the Wolverine Movie was horrible. Marvel needs to fix that mess.

#9 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Ryan Reynolds Wade Wilson...

#10 Posted by kagato (247 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so, Deadpool is pretty much my favourite Marvel character with only Venom and Ghost Rider coming close. Reynolds made a good Wade Wilson but id also accept Nolan North as a replacement ^_^

#11 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not. Has anybody read that script that was going around, though?

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

@joshmightbe said:

Possibly due to how they portrayed Deadpool in Wolverine Origins? I mean were the producers and the directors on drugs?

Well, yeah but that was after the movie came out when they were trying to kill themselves, not before the movie when they were high on fan faith.

#13 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

I hope so.

#14 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly they are going to disregard that movie all together in regards to Deadpool. Ryan Reynolds is supposed to start filming it after RIPD is finished.

#15 Posted by SpiritOfTheWolf96 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds has been talking about it pretty much non-stop. I don't understand why so many people are against him playing Deadpool, but I think he did very well - besides, practically every movie he plays is him acting out Wade Wilson (Blade Trinity was painfully obvious). He is working very hard on getting the movie in production, even if he isn't the one playing the character. Not to mention, he is a DP fanboy. He is going to star in Rest in Peace Department (RIPD) first, though. Reynolds says they are completely severing all mess ups that were made in Wolverine Origins ( WTF? That movie was crap at best.) and I heard that in the leaked script Deadpool even makes a comment regarding "Barakapool". They had better make a movie about him, especially with all the hype surrounding it (that is if you actually pay atention to this stuff.

#16 Posted by SpiritOfTheWolf96 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jotham: I did download it, but I haven't read it yet. I'm choosing to wait until there is nohope of a movie to read it. That or read it when I am sure a movie will be made. Either way I will read it soon.

#17 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

they've been planning on making a deadpool film so we'll find out.

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (16317 posts) - - Show Bio

@kagato said:

I hope so, Deadpool is pretty much my favourite Marvel character with only Venom and Ghost Rider coming close. Reynolds made a good Wade Wilson but id also accept Nolan North as a replacement ^_^

Nolan North is pretty good.

#19 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20164 posts) - - Show Bio

Possibly.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (19484 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah.

I wish though. Hope they get Reynolds again, he did a great job and actually reads/cares about the character.

#21 Posted by turg0n82 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan Reynolds as deadpool would be a match like RDjr as Iron man..I just hope they do it proper this time...not the bullshit weapon XI they did in Wolverine

#22 Posted by TCB3D (1 posts) - - Show Bio

There could never be a deadpool movue unless they change a lot of things especially the fact that in the last wolverine movie they killed off the character he was the guy at the end who got his head cut off he was referred as the deadpool

#23 Edited by bigmanbrucy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

2016 is when it'll be out in my opinion that is to long to wait blah also tcb3d if you kept watching threw the credits its show deadpool aka weapon 11 open his eyes retract his blade and open his mouth he is unkillably

#24 Posted by CyberWarrior (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Until I get a screenshot of movie footage, I say no. I've treatened myself with hope long enough...

#25 Posted by geodeallah (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@supahforeigner:

last time i checked in any comics there's been or any games you've played, deadpool has the ability to teleport like nightcrawler, regenerate like wolverine, and shoot rays like cyclops. the only thing thts different about him on this movie is tht the swords come out of his arms and he isn't controlling himself. if they gave him free will and melee weapons rather than genetic swords, this movie wouldve been dead on for deadpool.

#26 Posted by chem86 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@supahforeigner:

last time i checked in any comics there's been or any games you've played, deadpool has the ability to teleport like nightcrawler, regenerate like wolverine, and shoot rays like cyclops. the only thing thts different about him on this movie is tht the swords come out of his arms and he isn't controlling himself. if they gave him free will and melee weapons rather than genetic swords, this movie wouldve been dead on for deadpool.

Deadpool never has had the ability to shoot rays like cyclops, never ever ever...the swords were seriously the only problem?! how about he is "the merc with the mouth" and they took his mouth away!!!... And of course they can't give him is trademark costume either. Unless you KNEW already that he was playing deadpool, he be unrecognizable. I should probably just assure this is a troll post since it is so crazy.

#27 Posted by madknight3 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Before I started getting into Deadpool just recently, I didn't really know anything about him except what he looks like in his costume. I saw that movie a long time ago and never had a clue it was Deadpool. It was only just recently I found a video on youtube that was Wolverine vs Deadpool that showed the clip from that movie that made me realize that was who the enemy was. And in the movie, it was only because Logan called him Wade and said something like "it looks like they finally found a way to shut you up" that you could really connect him to Deadpool. Yeah some of the powers were the same, but it feels like he may have well just been an unknown guy with powers taken from some of the X-Men (Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler) and put together.

I don't see why they couldn't have stayed true to the character and just have had him hired to kill Logan or something. Maybe there's a reason for it, I'm still new to the character after all, but I'm sure they could have still done it right, have a good fight scene and have Deadpool lose, while still having many more people actually be introduced to the character which would be a way to have him a little more known for his own movie. But oh well, that's an old movie and what's done is done.

Anyway, this is an old discussion but I do hope they make a Deadpool movie and do it right. But if not, I'll just enjoy him through the written stories. It's just that what I know of him right now seems like he'd make a good character for a movie.

#28 Posted by Perethorn (3348 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be cool if Deadpool destroys 20th Century Fox studios and kills Brian Michale Bendis and Rob Liefeld during his movie.

#29 Posted by UngratefulNinja (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumors are that Deadpool will know that he's in a movie, know about 20th century FOX (or Marvel/Disney since I believe they retained the rights) and know the executives. It could almost play out like the video game in a way... That being said any story arc they use, while staying true to the source materiel would be good. It seems this movie's in limbo for the time being. My hopefullness for a film is lessened by the possibility that Disney ultimately holds the rights, which has the high probability of making the movie PG-13, thus not allowing for the gore that is Deadpool. Although, bleeping Deadpool, like in the comics, a la South Park could cause some great fourth wall breaking moments.

#30 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope this movie goes Scott Pilgrim.

I mean the whole R Rating none sense must stop the last Die Hard was R Rated and sucked harder, killing the point R Rating being awsome with a chainsaw.

#31 Posted by madknight3 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@ungratefulninja said:

Although, bleeping Deadpool, like in the comics, a la South Park could cause some great fourth wall breaking moments.

That really could result in some funny moments.

#32 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

It will be cool if Deadpool destroys 20th Century Fox studios and kills Brian Michale Bendis and Rob Liefeld during his movie.

I would pay good money to see that!

#33 Edited by PaperDemon (608 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@perethorn said:

D:< What???? U want him to kill brian michael bendis? His ultimate spiderman comics were great! Yes though rob liefield sucks.

#34 Edited by kadeemtheking (10 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio said:

@perethorn said:

lol I'd pay to watch him kill a marvel universe version of the creators of that last film myself @_@.

#35 Edited by dark_phoenix1113 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know. It would be cool, but then again it wouldnt be.

I don't like Ryan as Deadpool. I don't think he fits it that well, I guess I just have high standers. Neil Patrick Harris would make an interesting and good Deadpool.

#36 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone read the leaked script? I only read the first couple of pages, because I didn't want to spoil it but it seemed really good so far. Sadly I think it will be a while before this movie gets made (if ever).

#37 Posted by RonSiconolfi (521 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie is never going to happen unless ryan reynolds decides to use his own money and just make it himself- honestly if reynolds was never a fan at all- there would be no chance or even talk of a deadpool movie. too bad no1 really liked the videogame its considered a bomb- but if it was successful could have been a diff story

#38 Posted by Hitmanspike (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool still a pretty awsome characther, the current stories of Poshen are pretty good actually and he still got some minis going on. Renolds was good in the Deadpool of origin (you know has the acting not how they interpreted the character with cyclops shit....), he kinda of had the attitude or something and he's Canadian (if it matters at all...). But I guess the movie would make some money, they're making Guardians of the galaxy and Ant Man... Considering the fact that GG got cancelled for about 3 yrs and sales are dropping pretty fast, the risk on a Deadpool movie wouldn't as much, but still I ain't producing... But maybe I see all this just because I'd actually like to see that movie coming out :P

#39 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst part is that it looks life if the X Men movies are getting more character and their universe is gwtting bigger, this means contrary to the popular belife that Deadpool chance to be in the movies are getting smaller, he would had cameos or roles in teams, but not as one of the main characters.

#40 Edited by fluxl10 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The film is in production but Ryan Reynolds who played Deadpool in X-MEN: Origins Wolverine has apparently been confirmed to reprise the role, but about it being released in 2014, I don't know but I highly doubt it, it will probably come out in a couple of years.

#41 Posted by chrisj_1 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Ryan as Deadpool. I don't think he fits it that well, I guess I just have high standers. Neil Patrick Harris would make an interesting and good Deadpool.

It's cos we never even got to see Ryan really play him. Just watched the leaked test footage and it is amazing Ryan Reynolds is a perfect Deadpool with the right people writing him holy shit you gotta see it to believe it. Problem is Fox dropped the movie apparently it's not happening guys. But if it does Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool you just need to see it to understand

#42 Edited by flameboy298 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisj_1 said:

@dark_phoenix1113 said:

It's cos we never even got to see Ryan really play him. Just watched the leaked test footage and it is amazing Ryan Reynolds is a perfect Deadpool with the right people writing him holy shit you gotta see it to believe it. Problem is Fox dropped the movie apparently it's not happening guys. But if it does Ryan Reynolds for Deadpool you just need to see it to understand

How do you know Fox dropped it?

#43 Posted by PunyParker (9836 posts) - - Show Bio

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/watch-leaked-deadpool-movie-test-footage

FOOTAGE!!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by flashback0180 (654 posts) - - Show Bio

dead pool isn't exactly a movie that people would watch for action .

he would look like the mask rip off for most.

#45 Posted by flameboy298 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

dead pool isn't exactly a movie that people would watch for action .

he would look like the mask rip off for most.

and the humor is another thing they should get some good comedy writers for that

#46 Posted by SilverPool (1389 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope. That test footage was awesome

#47 Posted by chrisj_1 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisj_1 said:

@dark_phoenix1113 said:

Because supposedly that test footage was actually filmed back in 2011 and they already denied it way back then but that's second hand info right there so guess we'll never know

#48 Posted by flameboy298 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisj_1 said:

@flameboy298 said:

@chrisj_1 said:

@dark_phoenix1113 said:

Because supposedly that test footage was actually filmed back in 2011 and they already denied it way back then but that's second hand info right there so guess we'll never know

I don't think,so It makes no sense I think they leaked it now to test the waters.

Its 2014 why leak it now?It said it was done in 2012 though

#49 Edited by chrisj_1 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

@chrisj_1 said:

@flameboy298 said:

@chrisj_1 said:

@dark_phoenix1113 said:

I don't think,so It makes no sense I think they leaked it now to test the waters.

Its 2014 why leak it now?It said it was done in 2012 though

That's assuming that it was leaked on purpose they were in a rush to take it down dude the first one was taken off in under 30 minutes apparently

#50 Posted by KittyParker13 (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

Pssh NO. As in, not even maybe. No way will it come out in 2014. Look at how barren its imdb page is. Give it a few years, and even then, it could still easily be dropped.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.