Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3321 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Will there be a Deadpool movie, or is it just speculation?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

I've heard rumors, but nothing really solid. Is Deadpool going to get his own movie?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PrinceIMC

I doubt anything is decided yet. I mean until recently IMDB still had the X-Men Origins: Magneto as coming out in 2009. I've seen interviews and Ryan Reynolds has said he's interested. I suppose it depends on how well Wolverine's movie goes and if they get a director and workable script and such.

Gothic Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Gothic Storm

Psssst.... Stay after the credits in X-men Origins: Wolverine. As if you didn't already know that by now! Jackman wants to take the sequel to Wolverine across the Pacific to Japan is all I'm gonna say. (That would be awesome.)

As for a Deadpool movie, the audience tonight had some good laughs over several of Wade's comments. It could happen, but Ryan Reynolds would certainly have to play the "Merc with a mouth"!

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Power NeXus
    Gothic Storm said:
    "Psssst.... Stay after the credits in X-men Origins: Wolverine. As if you didn't already know that by now! Jackman wants to take the sequel to Wolverine across the Pacific to Japan is all I'm gonna say. (That would be awesome.)As for a Deadpool movie, the audience tonight had some good laughs over several of Wade's comments. It could happen, but Ryan Reynolds would certainly have to play the "Merc with a mouth"!"

Hey, Silver Surfer turned out to be alive at the end of the second Fantastic 4 movie, but nobody is talking about making a third one (thank God).
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Vindellavon

The Stryker ending opened something for a Deadpool spinoff. To say the least, it could be a movie about 'Pool going after Stryker for what he did to him.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Power NeXus said:
    "Gothic Storm said:
    "Psssst.... Stay after the credits in X-men Origins: Wolverine. As if you didn't already know that by now! Jackman wants to take the sequel to Wolverine across the Pacific to Japan is all I'm gonna say. (That would be awesome.)As for a Deadpool movie, the audience tonight had some good laughs over several of Wade's comments. It could happen, but Ryan Reynolds would certainly have to play the "Merc with a mouth"!"
    Hey, Silver Surfer turned out to be alive at the end of the second Fantastic 4 movie, but nobody is talking about making a third one (thank God)."
    Yeah now their talking about a spinoff
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War Killer said:
    "Power NeXus said:
    "Gothic Storm said:
    Hey, Silver Surfer turned out to be alive at the end of the second Fantastic 4 movie, but nobody is talking about making a third one (thank God)."
    Yeah now their talking about a spinoff"
    they should have done a Surfer movie beforehand...and done it right. right along with a Doom one...
    PrinceIMC said:
    "I doubt anything is decided yet. I mean until recently IMDB still had the X-Men Origins: Magneto as coming out in 2009. I've seen interviews and Ryan Reynolds has said he's interested. I suppose it depends on how well Wolverine's movie goes and if they get a director and workable script and such."

yep. pretty much it. Reynolds and Marvel have pushed hard, and since about the time of X2 actually to make a Deadpool movie
    a reality. Problem is the financeers are skeptical and want more results. With his appearnces is Wolverine Origins and Hulk Vs Wolverine, this is the chance to try and get the publics interest. I think they should just green light it anyways. look at
    Blade. obscure character and hardly marvels showboat and he was ahuge success at the box office and Marvels first of, allowing them to launch full board into Hollywood and finally get taken seriously. they should take more chances like that. just because something works well in comics doesnt mean it translates well to live-action, even if its already pretty well known outside of the medium. likewise, something that is second string in comics can translate perfectly to screen. look at Kick-Ass! that book is only on issue #6 and its being made into a movie as the book is being completed.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Power NeXus
    War Killer said:
    "Power NeXus said:
    "Gothic Storm said:
    Yeah now their talking about a spinoff"
    Whoever thinks that is a good idea should be impaled with a wooden stake.
    spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spartan177

I like the idea about Wade chasing Stryker.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Wade's going to kill you

Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deo Wade

The group of people that I went to the movie with (non-comic book readers) thought Ryan Reynolds was one of the better parts of the movie. His scenes got the most laughs and his  action scene got a louder applause than any of the Wolverine/Sabretooth Scenes. I've heard the same thing from other friends that saw the movie at different theaters. Hopefully it will get made, but with Ryan Reynolds not only as Deadpool but also as a director. He seems to understand the character.

Avatar image for alexander_anderson
    Alexander Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ryan Reynolds was good in the three scenes he had, but not good enough to warrant his own movie.

Detective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Detective

i was very dissappointed, i wanted to see more Deadpool...every1 in the theatre laughed at Wade's comments...i dont see why they dont make a movie with Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool it would be great

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    Deo Wade said:
    "The group of people that I went to the movie with (non-comic book readers) thought Ryan Reynolds was one of the better parts of the movie. His scenes got the most laughs and his  action scene got a louder applause than any of the Wolverine/Sabretooth Scenes. I've heard the same thing from other friends that saw the movie at different theaters. Hopefully it will get made, but with Ryan Reynolds not only as Deadpool but also as a director. He seems to understand the character."
    I know I love his part, "Alright! Everyone's Dead!" That was my favorite part from him, well that and slicing the bullet in half killing those dudes
    Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15  Edited By Meteorite

They should only have a Deadpool movie if it's more like comic Deadpool.

spartan177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spartan177

Ryan didn't look to happy in some of the interviews. He didn't like what was there. I agree, Ryan should direct if he could. He understands and cares for this character.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Power NeXus

BTW, what's this stuff I've been hearing about some second ending to the movie proving that Wade and Weapon XI are different people?

Bullseye1930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bullseye1930

After they made him into  "Baraka with eye blasts" I really really hope they don't try to make one.

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Delta Red
    Power NeXus said:
    "BTW, what's this stuff I've been hearing about some second ending to the movie proving that Wade and Weapon XI are different people?"

Apparently it was only a troll trolling, AKA that ending doesn't exist.
    I would like to be wrong tho =(
    Waffle Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Waffle Fries

Wolverine is making a lot of money... A Deadpool movie seems like something that can feasibly happen and probably soon, considering the feedback the studios are getting with wade wilson's popularity.

And the Fantastic Four is getting a spin off, actually a total re-boot....and who knows where that'll go.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mutant X

Maybe his powers are only temporary, but he keeps the healing factor because it's busy fighting off Wade's cancer?

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool is my fav comic character i'm a every issue buyer...as long as my lcs has him in...
    Movie wise...i would LOVE to see Ryan don the role again, with a good story, action, and comedy too! :D

WWDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WWDD

If they do a Deadpool movie they'd better do it right.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vindellavon

Did they even establish his cancer in the movie? I don't think so, but if a spin-off comes to fruition, then I better get the cancer cut... and the mouth, I want his mouth open and running, dammit.

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mutant X
    Vindellavon said:
    "Did they even establish his cancer in the movie? I don't think so, but if a spin-off comes to fruition, then I better get the cancer cut... and the mouth, I want his mouth open and running, dammit."
    No they said nothing about his cancer in the movie, but then again, it wasn't his movie.

And yeah I agree. It's just not Deadpool if he can't talk.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iLLituracy

Deadpool needs justice. If they do a spin-off, he needs to be fixed and have most of his powers stripped.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock

I don't consider Wade Wilson becoming Weapon XI. I mean, Stryker never hinted or explicitly said that Weapon XI was at one point Wade Wilson. So, there's a large possibility that Wade Wilson and Weapon XI could be two different people. But, that's just me.

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rune

I am sure that Weapon XI (11) was a miss mash of other characters and not the real wade wilson...but even if it is i dont think the creative team would think twice about changing up the story to make it work for his solo movie.

Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vindellavon
    Rune said:
    "I am sure that Weapon XI (11) was a miss mash of other characters and not the real wade wilson...but even if it is i dont think the creative team would think twice about changing up the story to make it work for his solo movie."

True.

Mutant X said:
    "Vindellavon said:
    "Did they even establish his cancer in the movie? I don't think so, but if a spin-off comes to fruition, then I better get the cancer cut... and the mouth, I want his mouth open and running, dammit."
    No they said nothing about his cancer in the movie, but then again, it wasn't his movie.And yeah I agree. It's just not Deadpool if he can't talk."

Yup, I was right, those damned b*stards taking away two of the things that make Deadpool, Deadpool. Yes, if a sequel comes true, then I will protest for both the mouth and the cancer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.