Will the movie sink or swim?

#1 Posted by DirtReynolds (29 posts) - - Show Bio

So, thoughts on the movie thus far? Has anyone seen leaks from the test shots they did? Or is that just rumor?

#2 Posted by Icarusflies (12513 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool's prime has passed. Interest in him has plummeted. At this point, unless they use some SERIOUS marketing, the movie will fail. Miserably.

Moderator
#3 Posted by DirtReynolds (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly and this coming from a guy how has followed him since birth....true. That and it's Fox and we know how they love to piss us off.

#4 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@DirtReynolds said:

Sadly and this coming from a guy how has followed him since birth....true. That and it's Fox and we know how they love to piss us off.

First Class was better that Thor and Captain America.

And that is a fact.

#5 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

i bet that the movie will get cancelled.

Deadpool is NOT a good character to base a movie on, he would be a fun addition to a superhero team, he would be fun as a cameo.. but i just dont see him working as a main character in a hollywood movie.

But IF the movie is going to be made... i dont see how it could be succesful.

#6 Posted by biggkeem89 (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything has a chance to succeed or fail. It all depends on the writers, directors, and actors. If Ryan Reynolds is still the lead, I honestly have faith in the guy. He is passionate about the character, which usually translates into a top-notch performance. If they use a form of the script that was linked a while back(which was pretty awesome), then the writing will be good. Plus, its about time for a more non-traditional superhero movie. With the likes of Batman, Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and the Avengers all on the scream, its about time for another person who is more on the morally ambiguos side, and more violent. Look at the success of Kick-Ass, which was bloody, over the top fun. Deadpool could be great if done properly

#7 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with bigkeem89, everything has a chance. 
 
Having read the leaked script from a friend who managed to print off a copy before it was removed, it will be successful so long as FOX keeps their noses out of it. In fact I'll go on record saying that it could be The Dark Knight of R-rated Superhero movies so long as FOX just lets them go off and do it. It seems like they're really serious about it. Apparently test footage has been shot, and they want to start filming sometime this year. I don't think popularity of a comic book character determines how successful the movie will be, it helps but honestly it's not the important thing. Look at Blade, he was a minor obscure character when the movie came out. That movie was successful because it was original, creative, and awesome. 
 
I hope this movie is made, I don't want those who don't read comics to forever view Deadpool as being this....

*ugh* I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth.
#8 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be in the theatre for the Deadpool movie if it ever gets made. Especially if it's an R rated Superhero comedy like it should be.

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

I still dont belive the R Rated thing.

I know people have a romance with the R Rated things, but i dotn see Deadpool as an R Rated character.

Also at this point the movie needs to be a dark, nneds to have action, needs to haver martial arts and over all black comedy.

Gore is overrated by many people, isnt as fun as people say and it makes movies look like B Rated movies.

#10 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I still dont belive the R Rated thing.

I know people have a romance with the R Rated things, but i dotn see Deadpool as an R Rated character.

Also at this point the movie needs to be a dark, nneds to have action, needs to haver martial arts and over all black comedy.

Gore is overrated by many people, isnt as fun as people say and it makes movies look like B Rated movies.

And What pray tell is wrong with a B-Movie? 
 
I love me a good guilty pleasure movie, heck Sam Raimi got his start with B-movies like Army of Darkness and Evil Dead. Not to mention David Cronenberg's The Fly which is freakin' awesome. Pretty much all zombie movies are B-movies, there's a huge cult following behind Zombie movies. The original Planet of The Apes is considered a B movie. Also let us not forget one of the most popular B-Movies of all time.....the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!
 
I firmly believe there are five types of movies.....
1) Artsy Fartsy films (also called Oscar bait, films like The Tree of Life fall in this category)
2) Well done films (Films that are well made, movies like The Dark Knight fall in this category)
3) Fun but Mindless (Films that aren't bad they're just meant to entertain, Also called a B-movie *see list above)
4) so bad they're good  (Films so bad you get drunk with friends and laugh at it, any Ed Wood film would be put here)
5) just plain bad. (unwatchable, and total crap) 
 
With Deadpool, I wouldn't want it to fall in category number 2. I want it to fall in the category of number 3. That's the problem with so many people, they seem to have such a black and white perspective. There is no category 3, it just goes straight from 2 to 4. They all want their comic book movies to be as great as The Dark Knight and if it's not then it's considered crap. Some characters just don't work in that kind of film. Deadpool is one of them.
#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12674 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : I read that they're rebooting Deadpool and pretending that never happened. Because the producers knew how much THAT dp SUCKED.

#12 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

A deadpool movie can succeed-if it's done right.

#13 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

At best it will take a dive

#14 Edited by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie will only swim if they let Deadpool be Deadpool. Otherwise, this is gonna be worse than Elektra.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@DirtReynolds said:

Sadly and this coming from a guy how has followed him since birth....true. That and it's Fox and we know how they love to piss us off.

First Class was better that Thor and Captain America.

And that is a fact.

That is a lie sir, a fact would be that Last Stand was better than Origins.

That's right come and get me, I said it, I meant it, and I'm not taking it back. over rated movie is over rated

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be successful if it is done correctly and they are faithful to Deadpool's origins.

#17 Posted by BADJEREMIE (91 posts) - - Show Bio

He will sink like the titanic...

#18 Posted by Deadcool (6757 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@DirtReynolds said:

Sadly and this coming from a guy how has followed him since birth....true. That and it's Fox and we know how they love to piss us off.

First Class was better that Thor and Captain America.

And that is a fact.

...

I am sorry because for me, that sounds like an opinon.

Online
#19 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@The Lobster : I read that they're rebooting Deadpool and pretending that never happened. Because the producers knew how much THAT dp SUCKED.

That's true, although if they stick to the script. They'll be making fun of Wolverine Origins, which I give credit to FOX for actually having the balls to make a movie that makes fun of their failures.
#20 Posted by Tstar34 (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows at this point. It all depends on how they do it. If they do it like the Origins they will destroy him. They really need to start over and do a correct origin story, and go into him being a test reject. I am hoping for swim, but unfortunately I can foresee a sink, even as mentioned above being dropped. At this point I am not getting my hopes up.

#21 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

In order for this movie to be good, it needs to ACTUALLY BE Deadpool. No Hollywood "tweaks." It needs to be funny, but it also has to be dark humor. A lot of dark humor. And there needs to be violence (although it doesn't have to be too over the top) and, I reiterate, it needs to be TRUE Deadpool.

#22 Posted by DirtReynolds (29 posts) - - Show Bio

If it is anything like the Leaked script this movie will own.

#23 Posted by RoboShark (1283 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to show he is absolutely off his shiiiit. But funny (Suicide Kings) with a tad of heart Remender style. It needs to be over the top just no way around it.

#24 Posted by primepower53 (5591 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be content as long at they don't go with the X Men Origins: Wolverine version.

NEVER FORGET!....NEVER AGAIN!

#25 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: @BlackArmor:@The Lobster : Sorry guys is a fact that Marvel Studios movies are getting pretty lame, Captain America and Thor arent as good as The Incredible Hulk and Ironman.

And Avengers is going to be another Transformers style movie, bunch of explosion cgi and no plot at all.

The Avengers thing is just so they could put a bunch of not b list heros in a movie, so they could have their movie and make money(Dont blame Disney).

Also you could notice that Fox hated Wolverine Origins and try to do all at their power to destroy the canon, pretty much is safe to say that Fox did a Canon Disconitinuity with First Class and say Wolverine Origins wasnt real.

@The Lobster said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I still dont belive the R Rated thing.

I know people have a romance with the R Rated things, but i dotn see Deadpool as an R Rated character.

Also at this point the movie needs to be a dark, nneds to have action, needs to haver martial arts and over all black comedy.

Gore is overrated by many people, isnt as fun as people say and it makes movies look like B Rated movies.

And What pray tell is wrong with a B-Movie? I love me a good guilty pleasure movie, heck Sam Raimi got his start with B-movies like Army of Darkness and Evil Dead. Not to mention David Cronenberg's The Fly which is freakin' awesome. Pretty much all zombie movies are B-movies, there's a huge cult following behind Zombie movies. The original Planet of The Apes is considered a B movie. Also let us not forget one of the most popular B-Movies of all time.....the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! I firmly believe there are five types of movies..... 1) Artsy Fartsy films (also called Oscar bait, films like The Tree of Life fall in this category) 2) Well done films (Films that are well made, movies like The Dark Knight fall in this category)3) Fun but Mindless (Films that aren't bad they're just meant to entertain, Also called a B-movie *see list above)4) so bad they're good (Films so bad you get drunk with friends and laugh at it, any Ed Wood film would be put here)5) just plain bad. (unwatchable, and total crap) With Deadpool, I wouldn't want it to fall in category number 2. I want it to fall in the category of number 3. That's the problem with so many people, they seem to have such a black and white perspective. There is no category 3, it just goes straight from 2 to 4. They all want their comic book movies to be as great as The Dark Knight and if it's not then it's considered crap. Some characters just don't work in that kind of film. Deadpool is one of them.

And when i say i wanted a Nolan film for Deadpool.

Heck my problem is that people wants a super dark a gritty film with Deadpool on it, gore isnt as good as people say, is lame and boring.

I know Deadpool is a comedy character, but please, gore would mean it will be Waypool.

What is so wrong with a Martial Arts/Action/Dark Comedy with a mature plot?

I mean, comedy is better when isnt that Glee and Modern Family crap, i mean it should be like the Arrested Development, incest jokes, terrorism jokes, jokes about people that have mental problems, racist jokes and all those things that we dont have today thanks to that tolerance shit everybody say they love, but the truth is that every body actually hates it.

Also if it going to be a B Movie it should be a honest, B movie, nothing of Machete bullshyat.

Black Dynamite style movie.

Fun every second and great lines.

#26 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Deadcool: @BlackArmor:@The Lobster : Sorry guys is a fact that Marvel Studios movies are getting pretty lame, Captain America and Thor arent as good as The Incredible Hulk and Ironman.

And Avengers is going to be another Transformers style movie, bunch of explosion cgi and no plot at all.

The Avengers thing is just so they could put a bunch of not b list heros in a movie, so they could have their movie and make money(Dont blame Disney).

Also you could notice that Fox hated Wolverine Origins and try to do all at their power to destroy the canon, pretty much is safe to say that Fox did a Canon Disconitinuity with First Class and say Wolverine Origins wasnt real.

@The Lobster said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I still dont belive the R Rated thing.

I know people have a romance with the R Rated things, but i dotn see Deadpool as an R Rated character.

Also at this point the movie needs to be a dark, nneds to have action, needs to haver martial arts and over all black comedy.

Gore is overrated by many people, isnt as fun as people say and it makes movies look like B Rated movies.

And What pray tell is wrong with a B-Movie? I love me a good guilty pleasure movie, heck Sam Raimi got his start with B-movies like Army of Darkness and Evil Dead. Not to mention David Cronenberg's The Fly which is freakin' awesome. Pretty much all zombie movies are B-movies, there's a huge cult following behind Zombie movies. The original Planet of The Apes is considered a B movie. Also let us not forget one of the most popular B-Movies of all time.....the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!! I firmly believe there are five types of movies..... 1) Artsy Fartsy films (also called Oscar bait, films like The Tree of Life fall in this category) 2) Well done films (Films that are well made, movies like The Dark Knight fall in this category)3) Fun but Mindless (Films that aren't bad they're just meant to entertain, Also called a B-movie *see list above)4) so bad they're good (Films so bad you get drunk with friends and laugh at it, any Ed Wood film would be put here)5) just plain bad. (unwatchable, and total crap) With Deadpool, I wouldn't want it to fall in category number 2. I want it to fall in the category of number 3. That's the problem with so many people, they seem to have such a black and white perspective. There is no category 3, it just goes straight from 2 to 4. They all want their comic book movies to be as great as The Dark Knight and if it's not then it's considered crap. Some characters just don't work in that kind of film. Deadpool is one of them.

And when i say i wanted a Nolan film for Deadpool.

Heck my problem is that people wants a super dark a gritty film with Deadpool on it, gore isnt as good as people say, is lame and boring.

I know Deadpool is a comedy character, but please, gore would mean it will be Waypool.

What is so wrong with a Martial Arts/Action/Dark Comedy with a mature plot?

I mean, comedy is better when isnt that Glee and Modern Family crap, i mean it should be like the Arrested Development, incest jokes, terrorism jokes, jokes about people that have mental problems, racist jokes and all those things that we dont have today thanks to that tolerance shit everybody say they love, but the truth is that every body actually hates it.

Also if it going to be a B Movie it should be a honest, B movie, nothing of Machete bullshyat.

Black Dynamite style movie.

Fun every second and great lines.

 
Again, that is your opinion. Not fact. Captain America and Thor both received a score just higher than 70% on Rotten Tomatoes. Meaning that they were both did pretty well critically. The Incredible Hulk only scored a 66%, meaning that it just scrapped by from being a love it or hate it movie. So all of those movies are doing quite well. Also I don't think you should judge the movie on it's trailer. Trailers lie, a trailer can make a good movie look bad or a bad movie look good. I think you should wait till you see the movie before you pass judgement on a film. 
 
Waypool is pretty tame in the gore department. 
 
Who says you can't have a b-movie that is also a martial arts/action/dark comedy with a plot?  B-movies have plot behind all the blood and gore, look at The Fly. The film has gore sure, but behind the gore is a really well written story about a man who is an outsider. He's passionate about his work and genuinely thinks he can change the world. Although he screws up just a bit and because of it he slowly begins to turn into a human fly hybrid. He begins to see that he is losing his human emotions like love and compassion and that it's being replaced with primal instinct because of this and decides that he must find a way to reverse the effects. Tell me that does not sound like a story to you?
 
Machete was a grindhouse film, also called an Exploitation film. Not a b-movie.
#27 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : Not all b movies have blood and gore, heck gore is an exploitation movie thing.

You say that Zombie movies are B movie, but Zombie movies are exploitation films, so i think we talk about b movie in a bigger picture.

I mean, most of gore comedy movies end being pretty lame in humor.

Also the video are part of the movie not trailers, also Thor and Captain America do the Twiligth terrorism market, the studio scare guys telling they will pretty much destroy they, if they dont talk well about a movie.

Saddly that is a normal thing this day, is hard to belive in Rotten Tomatoes and all the movie web sites.

#28 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@The Lobster : Not all b movies have blood and gore, heck gore is an exploitation movie thing.

You say that Zombie movies are B movie, but Zombie movies are exploitation films, so i think we talk about b movie in a bigger picture.

I mean, most of gore comedy movies end being pretty lame in humor.

Also the video are part of the movie not trailers, also Thor and Captain America do the Twiligth terrorism market, the studio scare guys telling they will pretty much destroy they, if they dont talk well about a movie.

Saddly that is a normal thing this day, is hard to belive in Rotten Tomatoes and all the movie web sites.

Wrong, Zombie movies aren't exploitation. They're horror films/monster movies. Exploitation films rely on exploiting something. Usually sex and violence. Zombie movie don't exploit violence or sex, they sometimes have sex or violence sure but that isn't want sells the movie. Slasher films do, people go to see a Slasher films to see someone get slashed. Slasher films market towards the fact that people are being slashed. Zombie movies don't market the blood and gore, they market the monsters. 
 
the video are part of the movie not trailers.....not quite sure I understand this. Can you explain it a different way?
 
Uh no they don't. The studios don't say, "Oh if Thor doesn't do well critically then we're not doing the avengers." The avengers would should be made despite the box office performance. You can't just ignore something you did just because it wasn't successful. Ed Norton may not be in the Avengers, but The Incredible Hulk still takes place in that continuity. The only difference is now we're supposed to accept that Mark Rufflo did all the things Ed Norton did in that movie. The Incredible Hulk didn't exceed Marvels expectations in the box office, yet it still is part of the films continuity. They didn't say, "Oh Hulk didn't do the numbers we wanted, guess we can't do the avengers." 
 
Rotten Tomatoes has data and is an objective source. It's not just one person's opinion, its a whole group of people's opinions. The majority of people around the world, like those movies. So those movies are a success. You saying "Thor and Captain America were bad films" is just your opinion, some people will agree with you, but the majority of people won't. The Majority vote always wins.
#29 Posted by Deadcool (6757 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Sorry guys is a fact that Marvel Studios movies are getting pretty lame, Captain America and Thor arent as good as The Incredible Hulk and Ironman.

I am sorry, but Thor is my favorite movie, Ironman is the second, Cap is the third and that was my opinion, I didn't liked The Increible Hulk that much, you are just posting your opinion.

Online
#30 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@Deadcool: @BlackArmor:@The Lobster : Sorry guys is a fact that Marvel Studios movies are getting pretty lame, Captain America and Thor arent as good as The Incredible Hulk and Ironman.

And Avengers is going to be another Transformers style movie, bunch of explosion cgi and no plot at all.

Captain America was awesome, and I definitely liked Thor better than First Class even though neither was amazing. As for your assumptions about the Avengers having no plot all I can say is Joss Whedon, in my experience anything with his name on it has an epic plot

#31 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : @BlackArmor: @Deadcool: Really??? Captain America was a good movie? What the hells is wrong with you?

It haves no plot, bad acting, poor action scenes anf unfunny comedy, also the CGI of the movie, Cap costume and Red Skull make up made Ryan Reynolds GL costume look like the Citizen Kane of comic book movies.

Thor was popular becuae, well Natalie Portman was part of the movie and nerds love Natalie, dont matter how bad a movie is, but Captain America made Ironman 2 look like Ironman 1.

Also the whole X Men hate, is because the movie arent Marvel Studios ones, also the whole they changed that means it sucks now thing, is very normal with the Nolanverse.

Also most of people liked the Tranformers, Resident Evil, PoTC sequels, that mean those are a good movies?

Rotten Tomatoes overrates and underrates movies, everything is black and white for those guys.

Also exploitation films are about explooitation of one thing, not only violence and sex, also gore is always exploitation.

Bruceploitation was exploitation of Bruce Lee, even if the movie didnt have Martial Arts or Sex.

#32 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@The Lobster : @BlackArmor: @Deadcool: Really??? Captain America was a good movie? What the hells is wrong with you?

It haves no plot, bad acting, poor action scenes anf unfunny comedy, also the CGI of the movie, Cap costume and Red Skull make up made Ryan Reynolds GL costume look like the Citizen Kane of comic book movies.

Thor was popular becuae, well Natalie Portman was part of the movie and nerds love Natalie, dont matter how bad a movie is, but Captain America made Ironman 2 look like Ironman 1.

Also the whole X Men hate, is because the movie arent Marvel Studios ones, also the whole they changed that means it sucks now thing, is very normal with the Nolanverse.

Also most of people liked the Tranformers, Resident Evil, PoTC sequels, that mean those are a good movies?

Rotten Tomatoes overrates and underrates movies, everything is black and white for those guys.

Also exploitation films are about explooitation of one thing, not only violence and sex, also gore is always exploitation.

Bruceploitation was exploitation of Bruce Lee, even if the movie didnt have Martial Arts or Sex.

That's all just opinion. Although you can't just say that the ONLY reason Thor was popular was because of Natalie Portman. That's like saying the only reason I like Deadpool is because of the name. That's a hasty generalization and if you were in school and wrote that as an essay you'd receive an automatic F. What makes a good movie is if the good aspects outweigh the bad. One good aspect shouldn't make a movie a masterpiece, that being said one bad aspect shouldn't make a movie a disaster. But like I said, it's all opinion. You may have found the film to have bad acting, no plot, and poor action scenes.....but others may have liked the acting, plot and action scenes. Everyone has their own opinion, but don't say "My opinion is fact" when it's not. The masses of people who like the films, are fact. If I was to put you in a room with 10 different random people and told you to debate on wither or not you liked Captain America, chances are 7 of the 10 would say they liked it. That's a fact. 
 
I don't think you quite know how Rotten Tomatoes works.....What Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB say is fact. Why? because it's not the same people. Rotten Tomatoes takes all the reviews they can find of the film wither it be on the internet or from newspapers, or magazines, and then decides if the review is negative or positive. Then the percentage goes down or up depending on how many people liked it. A high rating means that the majority of people liked it. The low rating means the majority of people hated it. Using that data we can make a percentage ratio. So if 7 people out of 10 people liked The Dark Knight, then 70 people out of 100 people liked The Dark Knight, and 700 people out of 1000 people liked The Dark Knight. However that only applys to movie critics, which is why anyone with an account can vote on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. 
 
Transformers, Resident Evil, and Pirates of the Caribbean sequels aren't bad movies, they're just not INTELLIGENT movies. Nothing is wrong with liking some mindless popcorn entertainment. Which is what Captain America and Thor and Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk are, they're not intelligent films. They're meant to be fun and entertaining. Yes some of them are just mindless explosions while other tend to get a little darker and deeper in terms of content. You want an intelligent film go watch 2001:A Space Odyssey, or that new film The Tree of Life or maybe if you're into documentaries you'd like Koyaanisqatsi. Those are meant to be intelligent, but guess what.....they're boring as shit. 
 
What it all comes down to, is if you found the movie to be entertaining or not. If you did, good for you. If you didn't, that's fine too. But one person's opinion isn't fact and shouldn't be passed off as fact. The percentage of people who liked the film is fact. It's called sociology, the scientific study of what the majority of people (society) like and dislike.  
 
Exploitations can exploit more than one thing. Gore can be exploited, but that's called torture porn. Not Zombie films. Zombie films are monster movies. Torture porn exploit gore.
#33 Posted by Deadcool (6757 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: I am sorry, that was my opinion, I didn't even liked X-men: First Class, there is a phrace that says:

"I don't like what I want me to like, I like what I like without me even want it."

Independently if it haves no plot, bad acting, poor action scenes and unfunny comedy for you, that is MY opinion and YOUR opinion is different, for me X-men:First Class was a piece of garbage that I wasted in time to watch it, but that is my opinion, no one cares about my opinion...

And Natalie Portman was the worst thing in Thor.

Online
#34 Posted by Strider92 (16838 posts) - - Show Bio

If they stick to the original idea of an R rated film and the leaked scripted, it has the potential to be one of the best Marvel films.

Online
#35 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster said:

Yes some of them are just mindless explosions while other tend to get a little darker and deeper in terms of content. You want an intelligent film go watch 2001:A Space Odyssey, or that new film The Tree of Life or maybe if you're into documentaries you'd like Koyaanisqatsi. Those are meant to be intelligent, but guess what.....they're boring as shit. What it all comes down to, is if you found the movie to be entertaining or not. If you did, good for you. If you didn't, that's fine too. But one person's opinion isn't fact and shouldn't be passed off as fact. The percentage of people who liked the film is fact. It's called sociology, the scientific study of what the majority of people (society) like and dislike. Exploitations can exploit more than one thing. Gore can be exploited, but that's called torture porn. Not Zombie films. Zombie films are monster movies. Torture porn exploit gore.

2001: Space Odyssey boring?

Also my whole point, is how hipocreate people is with the Transformer, PoTC, GI Joe and all those movies, even when many times movies they like are the same, Captain America was the same type of movie and Thor, still people trash talk about those others and say, well Captain America was better.

Even when the action in Transformers was better, the acting in PoTC was better, Gi Joe had bettter costumes, action and CGI.

And everybody hates those films, becuase they dont have the same that Captain America dont have.

I have to be honest i liked Tranformers 1 and enjoy 3, i liked the the first 2 PoTC movies and i hated Gi Joe, but that was becuase well i hate the GI Joe franchise since always.

Exploitation film is a type of film that is promoted by "exploiting" often lurid subject matter.

An exploitation film, however, relies heavily on sensationalist advertising, as well as broad overstatements of the issues depicted, regardless of how they relate to the intrinsic quality of the film.

Gore is exploitation of guts and blood, is exploitation, becuase you use to much blood and guts in a sensationalist way.

@Deadcool said:

And Natalie Portman was the worst thing in Thor.

The worst thing in Thor was half of the movie, the movie dies at the second half.

Also Natalie Portman sell movies, dont matter if she sucked at that movie.

I mean she dis that horrible movie with Ashton Kutcher.

Also she is the worst thing of many movies and Vincent Cassel should won the Oscar for Black Swan, he was amazing in that movie, she just made lesbian scenes.

I hate this Fakesbian thing in Hollywood.

#36 Posted by Deadcool (6757 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

The worst thing in Thor was half of the movie, the movie dies at the second half.

Well, again, that is just your opinion.

Online
#37 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@The Lobster said:

Yes some of them are just mindless explosions while other tend to get a little darker and deeper in terms of content. You want an intelligent film go watch 2001:A Space Odyssey, or that new film The Tree of Life or maybe if you're into documentaries you'd like Koyaanisqatsi. Those are meant to be intelligent, but guess what.....they're boring as shit. What it all comes down to, is if you found the movie to be entertaining or not. If you did, good for you. If you didn't, that's fine too. But one person's opinion isn't fact and shouldn't be passed off as fact. The percentage of people who liked the film is fact. It's called sociology, the scientific study of what the majority of people (society) like and dislike. Exploitations can exploit more than one thing. Gore can be exploited, but that's called torture porn. Not Zombie films. Zombie films are monster movies. Torture porn exploit gore.

2001: Space Odyssey boring?

Also my whole point, is how hipocreate people is with the Transformer, PoTC, GI Joe and all those movies, even when many times movies they like are the same, Captain America was the same type of movie and Thor, still people trash talk about those others and say, well Captain America was better.

Even when the action in Transformers was better, the acting in PoTC was better, Gi Joe had bettter costumes, action and CGI.

And everybody hates those films, becuase they dont have the same that Captain America dont have.

I have to be honest i liked Tranformers 1 and enjoy 3, i liked the the first 2 PoTC movies and i hated Gi Joe, but that was becuase well i hate the GI Joe franchise since always.

Exploitation film is a type of film that is promoted by "exploiting" often lurid subject matter.

An exploitation film, however, relies heavily on sensationalist advertising, as well as broad overstatements of the issues depicted, regardless of how they relate to the intrinsic quality of the film.

Gore is exploitation of guts and blood, is exploitation, becuase you use to much blood and guts in a sensationalist way.


Yes boring, and I will defend that till to the ends of the earth. Confused Matthew said it best with his review and I probably wouldn't be hitting the nail on the head as much as he does. So let's just end that debate with, 2001: A Space Odyssey is in my opinion boring. I mean when it takes a full minute ( that's 60 seconds ) for a door to open in the film....well that's just boring and ultimately pointless. 
 
It's not technically being hypocritical. Like I said, some movies are nothing more than explosions and hot girls. Captain America and Thor at least have a story in it. Is it a mindless action movie? Yes. Is it a mindless action movie with no story? No. Is it a mindless action movie with no interesting characters? No. That's why people think it's better. Frankly I agree. What separates Captain America from Transformers is that at least Marvel is trying to tell good stories. The people who do Transformers just make that crap as they go along.
#38 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : I know Space Odyssey has to be the most overrated sci fi movie ever, but isnt boring, is a crazy type movie, like that Darren Arrosfnosky movie that he made with Hugh Jackman or Inception by Nolan, i mean i find more boring the Spiderman franchise by Raimi that all the Kubrick films, i mean for some reason, people belive Clook word Orange or whatever is called was a better movie that the Killing (That is pretty much black and white Inception) and Barry Lyndon.

Marvel isnt trying to sell good stories, try to use every movie to sell other movies, Ironman 2 was a huge example.

What separated Transformers from Captain America, is that Transformers at least is honest about being a senseless, action, explosion, cgi lame movie.

Tranformers cared to exploit what they knew was selling the movie, CGI and Action, i mean Tranformers 3 used the best martial arts/stunt doubles to make the Transfromers move in an amazing fashion(amazingly Ilram Choi is Spiderman now).

People hate the fact that the movie is honest.

Is pretty much Commando vs Rambo 3, Rambo 3 was a bunch of damn lame action and say, hey at least i have a plot, Commando was honest, they didnt cared for a plot, they knew it was a lame crazy action movie, since day 1 and made the movie under that idea.

#39 Posted by The Lobster (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@The Lobster : I know Space Odyssey has to be the most overrated sci fi movie ever, but isnt boring, is a crazy type movie, like that Darren Arrosfnosky movie that he made with Hugh Jackman or Inception by Nolan, i mean i find more boring the Spiderman franchise by Raimi that all the Kubrick films, i mean for some reason, people belive Clook word Orange or whatever is called was a better movie that the Killing (That is pretty much black and white Inception) and Barry Lyndon.

Marvel isnt trying to sell good stories, try to use every movie to sell other movies, Ironman 2 was a huge example.

What separated Transformers from Captain America, is that Transformers at least is honest about being a senseless, action, explosion, cgi lame movie.

Tranformers cared to exploit what they knew was selling the movie, CGI and Action, i mean Tranformers 3 used the best martial arts/stunt doubles to make the Transfromers move in an amazing fashion(amazingly Ilram Choi is Spiderman now).

People hate the fact that the movie is honest.

Is pretty much Commando vs Rambo 3, Rambo 3 was a bunch of damn lame action and say, hey at least i have a plot, Commando was honest, they didnt cared for a plot, they knew it was a lame crazy action movie, since day 1 and made the movie under that idea.

Nope, that is film is boring and uneventful. The only good part comes from HAL, he's the only redeeming factor. The difference between Nolan's Inception and 2001:A Space Odyssey is that Inception has a plot. And very tightly woven plot. Inception also has characters, people the audience can relate to. 2001:A Space Odyssey has no plot, it has no characters (With the exception of HAL, who is a damn good character).  It's just random crap on screen and the worst is that the audience actually thinks there is deeper meaning within it. There isn't, look at this film that I made with a friend for school to prove my point on 2001 having no story....
 
 See, I can have a whole minute of nothing but landscape, I can put random stuff on screen, say there is meaning behind it and tell you guys to figure it out. I can ask questions but never give answers, Why's the clock upside down? Whats the picture he looked at on the fridge of? what's that blinding light? Why did he have to pour pepsi into the can? Kubrick did all of that, where's my Academy Award? Anybody can put crap on screen and say there is meaning behind it. That doesn't make it a great story, it just makes it a fancy dancy moving painting. Which isn't a bad thing, it's not a movie. Movies are meant to be the middle ground between a novel and a painting in terms of art. The more you lean over to one and not balance the two, the more your film doesn't become a film. Imagine if I made an adaptation that was basically just the camera filming words from the novel, and you had to read the whole film. People would hate it because if they wanted to read the novel, they'd read the damn novel. Same goes for paintings, if I wanted to see pretty pictures, I'd go to a museum and look at the pretty pictures. 
 
2001: A Space Odyssey, isn't a film. It's just crap on screen. Boring, crap on screen with little to no narrative to move it forward. 
 
Anything else I could possibly say about Marvel, or Exploitation films would just be me repeating myself. So let's just make this quick....
 
Marvel does have a story, it has Set-up, it has rising action, it has a climax, it has falling action. Thus it follows the structure of a story. Thor is a whiny bitch (Set up), Odin banishes Thor for being whiny bitch (rising action), Loki takes over Asgard (Rising Action), Thor learns to not be a whiny bitch (Rising action), Thor returns to Asgard and fights Loki (Climax), Thor is trapped in Asgard while his love is trapped on earth (falling action). Voila, a story. 
 
Transformers story.... Umm.....Guy buys car (set up), Car turns out to be machine (um....set up? no, Rising action, maybe?), Transformers want Allspark (Rising action I guess), Transformers fight over Allspark (Climax). No falling action....just guy beats villain and gets the girl. See no story and if it is, then it's a jumbled mess. Is the car being a machine set up for the war coming to earth, or is it rising action cause it's moving the story forward? Where's the falling action...it just kinda ends.
#40 Posted by lordgman31 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

deadpool is good for the movies and i what Ruben Fleischer to make that movie.

#41 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Lobster : Kubrick did many crazy thing so people notice them, it was an inside joke to people that haves the crazy idea s seeing the movies and dont get inside of the story, is like say Godzilla looks like crap becuase looks like a guy on a giant lizard suit.

Also Tarantino, Rodriguez and all the list of those movie director are just Kubrick Wannabes, you could notice they even try to act and talk like Kubrick, Tarantino try so hard to be Kubrick that he act like a crazy person, i hate his movies but i love his insanity.

I mean Godzilla is more fun that all the Marvel movies, does all you say that the Captain America/Thor movie does, but is honest about the fact, his plot isnt deep and intense, people see Captain America/Thor as if it had an unique plot, it haves a generic badly made plot, Dardevil it has better costume, better action, better plot and better acting, why the hell everybody hates Daredevil and loves Captain America/Thor?

Also say that Thor an Captain America have great action scenes, is like say Chuch Norris movies are better that Bruce Lee movies, is just a plain lie, i mean Van Damme Universal Soldier Regeneration, has better action and they pay Van Damme 7 000 bucks and made the film in a week, so isnt about budget or time, action in movies has to be directer by the action and not by CGI, moving camera, slow mo and all the horrible thing that most of hollywood made action movie does, heck Mission Imposible 4 was a better movie that Thor and Captain America, heck even Avatar.

I mean, mindless great action without a plot is better that mindless crappy lame action with a half maked mindless plot.

Sorry dude, but i am not going to change and you arent going to change, so i think this stop here on in your next one.

#42 Posted by Death_From_Below (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe said:

I'll be in the theatre for the Deadpool movie if it ever gets made. Especially if it's an R rated Superhero comedy like it should be.

I didnt know they were having a deadpool movie. whens it coming out? I wanna see it badley.

#43 Posted by sinestro_GL (3323 posts) - - Show Bio

Will Ryan Renolds star in another poor superhero film? Maybe...

#44 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death_From_Below: It may or may not ever come out. Ryan Renolds constantly talks about how they are working on a script and looking for a director but nothing seems to get done.

#45 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: @sinestro_GL said:

Will Ryan Renolds star in another poor superhero film? Maybe...

Dont blame Ryan, he try his best with GL, it was just WB that decide to go Marvel, without the idea that th DC universe isnt the Marvel and for the same the Marvel plan will never work for DC.

They need the DC plan, saddly that would mean they will make a Wonde Woman movie before they do a Deathstroke one.

Ryan talk abotu this movie, long before he played Deadpool, so i dont trust Ryan words, i trust his actions.

Also they can recast him, after all Scott Adkins, Ryan Gosseling and other looks so much like Ryan that no one will ever notice.

Also if Edward Norton can change into Mark Ruffalo, Liev Schrider into Taylor Maine, why Ryan Reynold cant change into other guy, that at least looks like him.

#46 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

Sink or Swim?..........................................................I think it might float..........

#47 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathpooltheT1000: It's not the look that makes me think that reynolds will be a great deadpool. honestly they need to de-prettify him to make it work. he is just the only actor capable of handling the characters humor and darkness.

#48 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Skunkstein said:

i bet that the movie will get cancelled.

Deadpool is NOT a good character to base a movie on, he would be a fun addition to a superhero team, he would be fun as a cameo.. but i just dont see him working as a main character in a hollywood movie.

But IF the movie is going to be made... i dont see how it could be succesful.

Nope it is fully in production they are just waiting for Ryan Reynolds to finish RIPD.

The test shot is not a rumor.

#49 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15 said:

In order for this movie to be good, it needs to ACTUALLY BE Deadpool. No Hollywood "tweaks." It needs to be funny, but it also has to be dark humor. A lot of dark humor. And there needs to be violence (although it doesn't have to be too over the top) and, I reiterate, it needs to be TRUE Deadpool.

#50 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (12639 posts) - - Show Bio

@SuperShafe: No he is not, other guy can do the job, that why is called acting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.