Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

why Ryan Reynolds is PERFECT to play DEADPOOL

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RonSiconolfi

reyonolds is perfect--and since hes a deadpool fanatic--he will give this film his best--this film unlike anyother films hes done--will be his absolute passion and will produce good results. he wont let fox F up deadpool movie like the wolverine movie. this may be thefirst time the actor is a fan of the superhero he is playing

hugh jackman wasnt a fan 
    maguire wasnt a fan 
    bale wasnt a fan 
     so if the character was off base..the actors wouldnt know or could care less 
    think about it a serious spiderman? you think tobey cared spidey was so off base? 
     so reynolds will keep everything on track for no extra pay. this may be the only film reynolds would do for free its more than "just a paycheck" to him
    so atleast deadpool already has a good start w/ reynolds and zombieland writers

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Caligula

every actor says they are a fan of the role they are playing, it's part of the biz. doesn't make it true.
    and if he was really a fan, wouldn't he have said something to the crew on WO? i mean sure he can't change their minds, but i never even heard of a dispute or a complaint.

also aren't you they same guy that Sam Raimi is the one that screwed up Spider-Man. im not trying to be rude, but this makes the second time i have seen a comic-movie thread from you and neither make sense.

and let me tell you everything actors do is a paycheck.

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

@Caligula: I agree. In fact, if he were such a fan he would have said something about Wolverine. You know who did say something about Wolverine? JACKMAN! He said in an interview that Deadpool fans wouldn't like it. I respect him for that.

And I don't care what anyone says. Raimi is not to blame for Venom in Spider-man 3. The producers are! They forced him to put Venom in that movie and because of it, it was a clusterfuck.

Look at 1 and 2. They let him do his thing and they're great. But they thought this was the end of the series so they HAD to have Venom because they thought the fans would be mad otherwise... well they miscalculated because putting "Venom" in the movie is what made people so mad. As did putting weapon XI in Wolverine.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Caligula
    @Abnormally Warm Guy: glad someone sees what im saying.
    Haustyl12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Haustyl12

The great thing about Ryan Reynolds is that he can be serious and funny.  

Think about he was hillarious in Waiting  

He also played a good serious character in smoking aces  

He was really good in wolvering origins (except for weapon XI)  

As for Green Lantern....... well thats another story
    Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sherlock

Im not so Sure Reynolds is going to do the same thing for Deadpool as Jackman is doing for Wolverine I for some reason dont think hell ever want to quit the part he seems to really like being Wolverine

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

I think he's perfect, he was awesome as Wade... for the five seconds he was Wade...

LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LT1085

Ryan Reynolds was created in a lab/hostage situation with technology that seemed to be from the future brought by an anonymous red and black masked man who also supplied the DNA. Little is know about the circumstances surrounding his inception, but there are rumors that this strange masked man seemed to appear out of nowhere with the equipment when he arrived and vanished in a similar fashion after the job was done. It is said that he spoke in an odd fashion that was difficult to follow and the mans mental and emotional state seemed extremely erratic. 

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sherlock:  Of course he likes being Wolverine. Wolverine made him famous. He was a nobody before x-men (movie wise... broadway wise he was doing very well) and Wolverine pays the bills, especially since he can produce the movies now too.
    Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Terran

Why!! cant they start the Deadpool movie now and not the Green Lanter!?
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By D3athstroke

Ryan Reynolds is not perfect to play Deadpool
    He is one of the worst candidates

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By growup

Ryan Reynolds wanted to make a Deadpool Movie since 2003, he agreed to play the part in the movie because he wanted the role that badly and in the original concept art Deadpool's design wasn't all that different from the comics. Also if you blame Raimi for Spider-Man 3, you obviously know nothing about his argument with the studio over the conclusion of Venom. Finally Being a fan of the source material is not all that relevant, Iron Man, Batman (Bale) and Wolverine were all portrayed by actors who were not fans whereas Nicholas Cage WAS a fan of the Ghostrider and look how badly that turned out. 

To be honest I don't see the point of this topic, I don't think you need to justify Reynolds playing Deadpool, it's not like his casting has caused an uproar from fans. 

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CrimsonComedian
    @D3athstroke: How is that? Is it because he can pull off funny? Is it because he can pull off serious? Is it  because he can pull off crazy? Is it because he can pull off that suit with his physique? 

Stop me at any moment here... I could go on forever on why Ryan is a perfect candidate for Deadpool.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@D3athstroke: 
    I'm not a big Renyolds fans but Origins was not his fault either. If eh didn't do it someone else would have. 

I also think he's good because then Scott Atkins can be his stunt double again (PLEASE BRING HIM BACK FOX HE'S AMAZING... but not as Weapons X! this time).
    Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@RonSiconolfi: wrong Hugh Jackman was a fan, he read the comics when he was offered the role and is now a huge fan.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @LT1085 said:
    " Ryan Reynolds was created in a lab/hostage situation with technology that seemed to be from the future brought by an anonymous red and black masked man who also supplied the DNA. Little is know about the circumstances surrounding his inception, but there are rumors that this strange masked man seemed to appear out of nowhere with the equipment when he arrived and vanished in a similar fashion after the job was done. It is said that he spoke in an odd fashion that was difficult to follow and the mans mental and emotional state seemed extremely erratic.  "
    QFT

@D3athstroke said:
    " Ryan Reynolds is not perfect to play DeadpoolHe is one of the worst candidates "

Any reason for that?
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@D3athstroke said:
    " @CrimsonComedian:
    Because he played him once and it was awful 
    Deadpool 
    Deadpool 
     Faggot
     Faggot
    Know the Difference "
    wow 
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LT1085
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " @D3athstroke said:
    " @CrimsonComedian:
    Because he played him once and it was awful 
    Deadpool 
    Deadpool 
     Faggot
     Faggot
    Know the Difference "
    wow  "
    YA...I know that this has already gotten a moderator's attention, but I've just flagged this anyways. I wouldn't be apposed to seeing that person's account banned.
    .Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LT1085: sadly all I can do is have a work with him about language. 
    RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RonSiconolfi
    @.Mistress Redhead. said:
    " @RonSiconolfi: wrong Hugh Jackman was a fan, he read the comics when he was offered the role and is now a huge fan. "

well my point being--he was never a huge fan BEFOREhe got the role
     i mean hugh jackman probably doesnt have wolverine posters and figurines all over his house 
    plus he went along fine with fox F-ing up wolverines origin...so he loves character but is not a fan --there is a difference
    RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RonSiconolfi
    @Caligula said:
    "every actor says they are a fan of the role they are playing, it's part of the biz. doesn't make it true. and if he was really a fan, wouldn't he have said something to the crew on WO? i mean sure he can't change their minds, but i never even heard of a dispute or a complaint.  also aren't you they same guy that Sam Raimi is the one that screwed up Spider-Man. im not trying to be rude, but this makes the second time i have seen a comic-movie thread from you and neither make sense.  and let me tell you everything actors do is a paycheck. "

yuppers--the fact that rami wrote spidey 3 i think has something to do why it sucked  ...btw i love the first 2 movies though..that were not written by rami.hes a good director but not the greatest spidey writer....sandam as the orignal killer? wtf and peter paker "i forgive you" its like wtf is going on

yes--but reynolds is the exception! he a deadpool fanatic for 10 yrs and has passion and love for the character 
    since reyonlds would do the movie for FREE -its more than just another paycheck for him...might i add he checks up on zombie writers everday while hes filming green lantern to make sure they keep the movie 110% deadpool -- which he doesnt have to do and doesnt get paid for 

green lantern= just another paycheck 
    deadpool= just wants his favorite charcter to finally have his own movie
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mutant X

I think he's the perfect choice to play Deadpool as well. He seems passionate about the character and the development of the movie. If he's just acting like that to make the fans feel comfortable and secure about the movie, I don't know. But I do know that from what I can see, the movie is in good hands.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sherlock
    @Abnormally Warm Guy said:
    " @Sherlock:  Of course he likes being Wolverine. Wolverine made him famous. He was a nobody before x-men (movie wise... broadway wise he was doing very well) and Wolverine pays the bills, especially since he can produce the movies now too. "

Yeah but he really enjoys it otherwise hed have quit due to fear of type casting
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @RonSiconolfi said:
    " @Caligula said:
    "every actor says they are a fan of the role they are playing, it's part of the biz. doesn't make it true. and if he was really a fan, wouldn't he have said something to the crew on WO? i mean sure he can't change their minds, but i never even heard of a dispute or a complaint.  also aren't you they same guy that Sam Raimi is the one that screwed up Spider-Man. im not trying to be rude, but this makes the second time i have seen a comic-movie thread from you and neither make sense.  and let me tell you everything actors do is a paycheck. "

yuppers--the fact that rami wrote spidey 3 i think has something to do why it sucked  ...btw i love the first 2 movies though..that were not written by rami.hes a good director but not the greatest spidey writer....sandam as the orignal killer? wtf and peter paker "i forgive you" its like wtf is going on

yes--but reynolds is the exception! he a deadpool fanatic for 10 yrs and has passion and love for the character 
    since reyonlds would do the movie for FREE -its more than just another paycheck for him...might i add he checks up on zombie writers everday while hes filming green lantern to make sure they keep the movie 110% deadpool -- which he doesnt have to do and doesnt get paid for  green lantern= just another paycheck deadpool= just wants his favorite charcter to finally have his own movie "
    It's true. Reynolds even referenced DP kicking Captain America in the balls once in an interview. Either he's a good liar or a fanboy! :D
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caligula
    @InnerVenom123: i say good liar.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Caligula: Hope not, but I guess we'll find out...
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Caligula
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Caligula: Hope not, but I guess we'll find out... "
    I agree. I hope both movies are done well.

and as for Deadpool I hope Cable makes a cameo. although I don't want him to play a big role.
    Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Spidertheking

Okay let me ask something. Deadpool wears a mask right?(that was a hypothetical question) Dead is also really really disfigured under his mask right?(also hypothetical) Ryan Reynolds is not disfigured. SO my guess is he will play Wade Wilson for like the first hour of the movie. Then thats when Deadpool's mask comes into play.  So I really don't care too much for Ryan Reynolds being Deadpool for a little as long as the Deadpool with the costume is in the movie.  I'll just a post a picture for fun.    

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @Spidertheking: .... you do realize... they can use makeup to make his face look disfigured.... right?
    Spidertheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spidertheking
    @InnerVenom123 said:
    " @Spidertheking: .... you do realize... they can use makeup to make his face look disfigured.... right? "
    I know that, but Deadpool also wears a mask. Meaning I won't be seeing Ryan Reynolds I'll be seeing Deadpool 

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Man of Lengend

im going to hope the best for the movie ...
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By hdorman1

i think it will be an awesome movie

Varmint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Varmint

I, personally, find Ryan Reynolds quite attractive, so I'd like to see how they're going to 'disfigure' him with special effects. It'd either have to be epically awesome, or not at all. But without it, it wouldn't be a real Deadpool movie. Anyways, I think Reynolds has the perfect sense of humour for the role. I just really wish this movie was coming out before the Green Lantern.
    RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RonSiconolfi
    @Varmint said:
    "I, personally, find Ryan Reynolds quite attractive, so I'd like to see how they're going to 'disfigure' him with special effects. It'd either have to be epically awesome, or not at all. But without it, it wouldn't be a real Deadpool movie. Anyways, I think Reynolds has the perfect sense of humour for the role. I just really wish this movie was coming out before the Green Lantern. "

i bet ryan reynolds wishes also
    Deadpool13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Deadpool13

well  ryan reynolds also is a blubbermouth

MisterDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By MisterDK

I think, personally, that we didn't see Deadpool in Wolverine. We saw Wade which RR played perfectly but all that Weapon 11 stuff was just another guy who had RR's body and kinda his face. Wade got thrown away for not working properly and....the proper origin from the comics takes over. (if I remember his origin properly, it's been years since I read it.)

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RonSiconolfi
    @MisterDK said:
    "I think, personally, that we didn't see Deadpool inWolverine. We saw Wade which RR played perfectly but all that Weapon 11 stuff was just another guy who had RR's body and kinda his face. Wade got thrown away for not working properly and....the proper origin from the comics takes over. (if I remember his origin properly, it's been years since I read it.) "

exactly--they should have not made deapool the "end" villian and left what happened to wade as a mystery.. cuz ya know there should have just been an end fight between wolvie and sabertooth--ya know basically what the movie was leading up to
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GT-Man

i like ryahn ranold this is going to be GREAT
    shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By shawn87

im curious to see what direction their gonna take in the movie...i think it would be great if they had Cable make some sort of an appearance as a way to launch his own movie

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.