Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Why is Cable being a jerk to Deadpool?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DEADPOOL

Deadpool was nothing but cool to Cable. Deadpool saved Cable's life-- three times, gave him a power boost, tried to become real friends (for the first time with anyone), helped get him the Dominus Objective (replacing Cable's telepathy), helped get him the Cone of Silence (replacing Cable's telekinesis), helped him become president of Rumekistan (a fictional 3rd world country), all while trying to to play by Cable's goody-goody rules... and in return, Cable turns Deadpool into an unwilling martyr-- twice.

Sure, Deadpool could had sided with Cable in the Civil War. But until that point, Deadpool had been Cable's puppet. Did/does Cable really want to be friends with Deadpool? Or is Deadpool just Cable's pawn?

Teh_Exploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Teh_Exploder

Cable is just jealous because Deadpools so awesome!

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DEADPOOL

Agreed.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEADPOOL

Well I'm quoting a guy who said this at another site...

"Deadpool is beyond help in his own mind and is perfectly happy being the psychotic merc with a mouth most of the time, much like House (only with more killing). Nate wants to help him because he refuses to believe that ANYONE is beyond help."

This really made me wonder. Cable got Deadpool fired from being a government agent during the Civil War because he knew being pro-registration was a bad idea. Then he humiliated Deadpool on an international scale so that no one would hire him as a mercenary. Is Cable trying to forcefully change Deadpool's options in life? Is he trying to make Deadpool something he could be? (a hero).

In all honesty, I want Cable & Deadpool to be the next Batman and Robin, y'know? They make a badass team.

Avatar image for nightmere_master
    nightmere master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By nightmere master

duh because cable is a jerk ass!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poo Poo List

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Poo Poo List

Fanboy on aisle five!

Avatar image for the_iron_cavalier
    The Iron Cavalier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Iron Cavalier

Cable and Deadpool should NOT be a team. Cable is altering Deadpool's personality, and basically being an all-around jackass to him. Oh, and also, if Cable ends up turning Deadpool into a goody-goody hero, the world will fall apart. ALREADY noone's gonna hire him as a merc... whatever. I hate that team-up with a passion.

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEADPOOL

Cable was being a big jerk earlier, but they seem to have made up with each other. And y'know, I really like Cable & Deadpool as a team and I really like Cable's influence on Deadpool. Cable believes in Deadpool, respects him and supports him, which is something NO BODY does... everyone just treats Deadpool like a retarded child, despite being one of the most dangerous and capable beings in Marvel.

I guess all friends fight sometimes, but those two are great together. Cable sees in Deadpool what no one else sees, and Deadpool's crazy enough to go along with whatever scheme Cable cooks up, lol.

And honestly, I've been waiting for Deadpool to finally cross that line and become a real hero... it's the ultimate step, I think. Deadpool has had a 16-year up-hill battle to where he's at now. He started out as a good man, then slowly became a cut-throat, then became morally-ambiguous, then got guidance from Siryn, started to spiral out of control without her, started to go back to his roots, started getting guidance from Cable, did some real soul searching, and is now likely on the road to achieving the greatness he's destined for!

Just look at what he did to Sabretooth... not even Wolverine can do that to Sabretooth without getting F'd up himself, the heroes need Deadpool!

Post" />http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7606/175973-deadpool_400.jpg

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#9  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I loved that whole fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By -000

Cable and Deadpool are a badass team. I hope Cable didn't die in X-Men #200.

Avatar image for merc_with_a_mouth
    merc with a mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deadpool is one of the most skilled fighters in marvel. i dont like the bad guys much,but deadpool has been my favorite even as a villan. i think cables wisdom and his faith in deadpool will have a very positive effect on deadpool.i believe deadpool will soon be one of the most popular characters in marvel, he is already the funniest!

Avatar image for merc_with_a_mouth
    merc with a mouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post Deleted.

loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By loganreme
    merc with a mouth said:
    "

deadpool is one of the most skilled fighters in marvel. i dont like the bad guys much,but deadpool has been my favorite even as a villan. i think cables wisdom and his faith in deadpool will have a very positive effect on deadpool.i believe deadpool will soon be one of the most popular characters in marvel, he is already the funniest!

"

Very nicely put but, Deadpool being one of the most popular characters - hope that will be true one day but, most people don't even know who he is :)
    loganreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By loganreme

Anyway Cables a jerk to everyone, he's just not a people person :)

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mr. Wilson
    loganreme said:
    "merc with a mouth said:
    "

"
    Very nicely put but, Deadpool being one of the most popular characters - hope that will be true one day but, most people don't even know who he is :)"

It seems he is getting popular though.  Two ongoings?! Unheard of!

I think Cable is just under a lot of stress.
    DFChewie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DFChewie
    @Mr. Wilson said:
    "It seems he is getting popular though.  Two ongoings?! Unheard of!I think Cable is just under a lot of stress. "
    It's not unheard of. Batman and Superman each had two ongoings for decades. Wolverine was just promoted to two ongoings.

That being said, it kind of helps your point. I agree. 'Pool is moving up in the world.
    PoolFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PoolFan
    @The Iron Cavalier:
    I agree and disagree with that, despite the fact that Cable is less then fair to Deadpool, they made a great team. But as we all know, Deapool could whoop Cable any time he wants. Cable can only win by help from the X-Force or destracting Deadpool. Deadpool is way better then Cable
    Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

Deadpool and Cable started off as enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.