Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Who was created first: Deadpool or Deathstroke?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

Who is a rip-off of whom?

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By G'bandit

Deathlok the demolisher was created in the 70s by Marvel then Deathstroke the terminator was created in 80s by DC and then Deadpool the merc with a mouth was created in the 90s by Marvel..

Deadpool was an original creation but then some dude said it was almost like Deathstroke and the creator apparently decided to use Deadpool as a parody of Deathstroke by naming himm Wade Wilson.

If I'm not mistaken.. It was something like that

MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MercenaryX

Agreed

G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G'bandit

Yes! Damn I'm sexy XD

MercenaryX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MercenaryX
    G'bandit said:
    Yes! Damn I'm sexy XD
    *Rolls eyes*
    Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Delta Red

To ask the first question, Deathstroke was created first.
    Deadpool being originally a rip-off/parody of Deathstroke ,that's another case.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

DP has eventually evolved into his own character nowadays

oldtimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldtimer

Wade Wilson and Slade Wilson.....LMAO

Avatar image for the_ace_of_knaves
    the ace of knaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the ace of knaves

Deadpool was initially a satirical take on Deathstroke. You can't really say he was a rip off because Deadpool was purposely created to be the exact opposite of Deathstroke, personality wise.

Deathstroke= Methodical mercenary who has a strict code of honour.

Deadpool= Completely nuts mercenary who is definitely not honourable.

The people that still claim that DP is a lame rip off of Deathstroke are extremely ignorant. The fact is Deadpool has evolved into a much more unique character.

But saying all that I do love Slade, he is a bad ass. Just a completely different kind of bad ass than Deadpool :D

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

You credit Rob Liefeld too much.  Yes, it's true to say that Deadpool isn't just a rip-off... but I wouldn't credit Liefeld with the intelligence or wit enough to create a parody.  He took a carbon copy and changed a few details.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    xerox_kitty said:
    You credit Rob Liefeld too much.  Yes, it's true to say that Deadpool isn't just a rip-off... but I wouldn't ... [more]
    Co-Signed
    Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Storm Rider
    xerox_kitty said:
    You credit Rob Liefeld too much.  Yes, it's true to say that Deadpool isn't just a rip-off... but I wouldn't ... [more]
    Pretty much that. Liefeld was a Titans fan and he "borrowed" the look from Deathstroke. It was Fabian Nicieza who looked at it, said this is pretty much Deathstroke, then had to carve a character out of it.

This topic just came up like two weeks ago, didn't it?
    Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Well we know who has been more successful.

Maverick7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maverick7

Deathstroke was made first, but Deadpool is better.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Watch Dog

Deathstroke is a cap rip off In my opinion. and out side of Deadpool's mask I see no similarity between the 2 of them are you gunna say that all mercs are a rip of  Deathstroke. 

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Watch Dog said:
    "  Deathstroke is a cap rip off In my opinion. and out side of Deadpool's mask I see no similarity between the 2 of them are you gunna say that all mercs are a rip of  Deathstroke.  "
    Deathstroke is a Captain America rip off? Do explain please.
    Pyro666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pyro666

Well they do both have the "Im a pirate" red gloves and blue chainmail gear on the top, with the matching red boots you think the two dudes went shopping together. I mean the only time i almost didnt see the total resembalance is when Deathstroke sladed himself all out. Atleast Deadpool has his very own unique way about getting things done and in most cases could never be compared close to anyone in the marvel universe. I mean he is the only guy who knows its a comic.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Watch Dog
    @AtPhantom: first off they dress awfully similar and 2nd Slade got his powers from an  experimental  serum wail in the military and cap got his from an  experimental serum.He's the what if cap was a bad guy I like slade but he is what what he is.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Watch Dog: They dress nothing alike. The only similar feature on their costumes is that they both wear chain mail. Yes, their origins are similar, but there are half a trillion other characters who got their power the same way.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Watch Dog
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    @AtPhantom: Whatever you say I don't care that's why I said in my opinion. So your telling me you don't see any similarity between these 2 not the boots not the gloves and certainly not the midriff shirt
    Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Power NeXus
    @Watch Dog said:
    "

@AtPhantom: Whatever you say I don't care that's why I said in my opinion. So your telling me you don't see any similarity between these 2 not the boots not the gloves and certainly not the midriff shirt "

The similarities are only significant if you look for them. 
    There's only so much variation artists can get from the superhero standard of spandex suits. Just because two guys have the same general style of boots, gloves, and upper torso, they don't necessarily have the same costume.
    Graysonfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Graysonfan11

dp is wqay more famous only because he has actually been in tv slade from titants was not realy the true slade.dp ripped dstroe of get over it i mean in a fight pll say dp cuz more know him and hes funny but i mean realy stroke has proven he is a superior fighter and everything elese but healing factor.i mean if slade became a anti hero he would be loved more deadpool became a hero so kids love him as said more kids will dress as batman then the joker.So stroke never had a chance though he could proably take pool even with the healing factor and guys dont show me that pic about stroke getting annoyed about not being able to kill another version nof himself no one3 has proved that deadpool i mean like superman brave and honorable and bizzaro the oppisite so a oppistie of stroke would be some 1 like deadpool but that diesnt have to be him i mean guys cmon deathstroke took on the league he beat batman who is as skilled is cap he took on supes and WW i mean the writes for dp cheat for him he beat the freakin hulk with a stop sign like when spidey beat some one that could handle surfer. who is cooler a opion but true comic fans will always say deathstroke he has proven i.t who is funnier and more famous of course deadpool he breaks the fourth wall in every carnation i mean if stroke became a hero and teamed up with heroes like deadpool he would be more loved then batman.the fact is deadpool and stroke are two charcters in comic book history that will never fade away along with those such as superman and spiderman each of them truly deservse to be on thier respective companys most loved list either way guys stroke is badass pool is a quarter less badass in my opion.Remeber deadpool was ment to be a parody of stroke but became his own charcter. do u guys rember back when marvel most fav charcter was wolverine now over 50% of them love deadpool you never see any 1 copying stroke i love both even if there basicallly the same person with diffrent takes on the world.True comic fans=Deathstroke' fanboys whos think thier guy can beat any one even galactus and dont know anything about the charcters exept from games and movies(that never stay true to the comics)=DEadpool.

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By SpidermanWins

@Graysonfan11: Dude....hoooly cow. Are you affiliated with batfan by any chance?

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daycrawler

@Graysonfan11 said:

dp is wqay more famous only because he has actually been in tv slade from titants was not realy the true slade.dp ripped dstroe of get over it i mean in a fight pll say dp cuz more know him and hes funny but i mean realy stroke has proven he is a superior fighter and everything elese but healing factor.i mean if slade became a anti hero he would be loved more deadpool became a hero so kids love him as said more kids will dress as batman then the joker.So stroke never had a chance though he could proably take pool even with the healing factor and guys dont show me that pic about stroke getting annoyed about not being able to kill another version nof himself no one3 has proved that deadpool i mean like superman brave and honorable and bizzaro the oppisite so a oppistie of stroke would be some 1 like deadpool but that diesnt have to be him i mean guys cmon deathstroke took on the league he beat batman who is as skilled is cap he took on supes and WW i mean the writes for dp cheat for him he beat the freakin hulk with a stop sign like when spidey beat some one that could handle surfer. who is cooler a opion but true comic fans will always say deathstroke he has proven i.t who is funnier and more famous of course deadpool he breaks the fourth wall in every carnation i mean if stroke became a hero and teamed up with heroes like deadpool he would be more loved then batman.the fact is deadpool and stroke are two charcters in comic book history that will never fade away along with those such as superman and spiderman each of them truly deservse to be on thier respective companys most loved list either way guys stroke is badass pool is a quarter less badass in my opion.Remeber deadpool was ment to be a parody of stroke but became his own charcter. do u guys rember back when marvel most fav charcter was wolverine now over 50% of them love deadpool you never see any 1 copying stroke i love both even if there basicallly the same person with diffrent takes on the world.True comic fans=Deathstroke' fanboys whos think thier guy can beat any one even galactus and dont know anything about the charcters exept from games and movies(that never stay true to the comics)=DEadpool.

Aaaaaaarrggh! Got half way through this before my eyes started to bleed.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Postacrat

I never took Deathstroke as a Captain America rip off, but I do see similarities in their character and backgrounds. I also saw some spiritual similarities in their Uniforms as well. Chain mail tops, fold down boots, I just think they are very similar from the aspect of both being experimented on in order to become Super Soldiers. The way they fight and how they carry themselves represent that very well. Niether is a rip-off of the other but if Cap and DS sat down and had a talk, they would find they have a lot in common standing on opposite ends of a cliff. The only real thing Wade and Slade have in common is their names, powers, occupation and costumes, I guess Wade could be considered a rip-off for very obvious reasons. However I feel Cap and DS are like spiritual incarnations of eachother.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Postacrat said:

I never took Deathstroke as a Captain America rip off, but I do see similarities in their character and backgrounds. I also saw some spiritual similarities in their Uniforms as well. Chain mail tops, fold down boots, I just think they are very similar from the aspect of both being experimented on in order to become Super Soldiers. The way they fight and how they carry themselves represent that very well. Niether is a rip-off of the other but if Cap and DS sat down and had a talk, they would find they have a lot in common standing on opposite ends of a cliff. The only real thing Wade and Slade have in common is their names, powers, occupation and costumes, I guess Wade could be considered a rip-off for very obvious reasons. However I feel Cap and DS are like spiritual incarnations of eachother.

To be honest Deathstroke feels more like Batman that the Captain America.

PATTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By PATTX

Deathstroke was created first but Deadpool is more cool!

Typhenstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Typhenstein

@Power NeXus: was going to say something along the same lines, intill I read your post on this haha.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@pattx said:

Disagree.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rouflex said:
    @pattx said:

Disagree.

Explain.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ganon15

A google search would've answered your question.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.