who else thinks deadpools the altime most overated character ever

• 119 results
#101 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think anyone could be considered most overrated until you've dealt with batman and wolverine

#102 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

Used to hate him, now I like him.

Mainly just in Uncanny X-Force, the rest of the time he's kind of annoying.

#103 Posted by CF12793 (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

I came to know Deadpool in the late 90's/early 2000's when my older brother still collected comic books. I knew that he was funny and underground for the most part, and my brother had friends who always complained that he should be more popular.

I didn't even know he was a Marvel character until years later when he was in X Men: Legends 2. It was a pleasant surprise, and it got me back into the character. Started collecting the back issues of Cable and Deadpool as well as his solo series and thoroughly enjoyed them. Then, he started to get annoying (popularity wise, the character's still great). He started appearing in all the games, and people who generally had no idea who the character was started to become "fans" without ever picking up a comic.

The be all, end all event for me was last year when he was announced in the lineup for Marvel vs Capcom 3. That fucking annoyed me to no end. I was fine with them putting him into Origins: wolverine because they were also putting other characters that I loved like Gambit and Blob, and ryan Reynolds did a good job with the one-liners they gave him (I liked it, that is, until the ending.) But to put him in MVC was the kicker for me. You have all these great characters that they could have used, like Gambit, Colossus, Venom, Carnage, Punisher, Moon Knight, Daredevil, etc. and you're going to exclude them and just to appeal to an audience who barely knows the character to begin with? That was my feeling on the whole thing. I guess he'll have his own video game, and soon a movie......I just hope these kids who are buying all of this crap are atleast reading some of his comics. Just because you think he's funny and you like his finishing move DOESN'T mean you're a true fan.

In other words, Yes. I think he's a cool character, but overrated.

#104 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always enjoyed Deadpool. However, I do feel that he breaks the 4th wall far too often. That is my only complaint!

#105 Posted by PaperDemon (601 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes not over-rated in fact hes my favorite character in the world and now that i think of it... Hes pretty under-rated if you ask me. He deserves movies and more recognization. I ask people if they have read the latest Deadpool comic and nobody even knows who he is! He needs more fame... Spiderman and Batman are likely well known characters but Deadpool seems to be a toss-behind... Its not right.

#106 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

take away his healing ability, he is gonna get kicked by many heroes and villians.

#107 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dayvid3 said:

I don't think anyone could be considered most overrated until you've dealt with batman and wolverine

couldn't agree more.

#108 Posted by NicholasTS (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to an extant I can under stand people saying he is over rated. But you also have to look at his skill and powers for instance it make be a curse but deadpool can not die. Also he is a master assassin, on more then one occasion deadpool has proved he can defend him self and kick ass. I may be kind of a fan boy but at the same time he really is cool.

#109 Posted by Iragexcudder (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is overrated? Deadpool is like no other comic book character, he broke the fourth wall, his charisma is top shelf and he's written to be an idiot. He's underrated in the fighting because he's looked at as a clown but besides that nonsense, deadpool is awesome. Joe Kelly or not, DP is in my top 3

#110 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Deadpool is one of the greats lol

#111 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iragexcudder said:

Deadpool is overrated? Deadpool is like no other comic book character, he broke the fourth wall, his charisma is top shelf and he's written to be an idiot. He's underrated in the fighting because he's looked at as a clown but besides that nonsense, deadpool is awesome. Joe Kelly or not, DP is in my top 3

It's a good way to fool your opponents too.

#112 Posted by VictorVonDoom_1 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iragexcudder said:

Well put, sir.

Deadpool has grown to be a favorite of mine.

#113 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

He is underrated if anything

#114 Posted by SoA (4697 posts) - - Show Bio

popular , oversaturated but overated goes to Thor

#115 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is a pretty good character that has recently been massively overexposed, as well as involved in some storylines that have Jumped the Shark. His characterization has been all over the board based on the writer and the book he is appearing in so I would say overused is fair, overrated is not.

#116 Posted by christianrapper (672 posts) - - Show Bio

the most overrated character is not deadpool. it's not even batman. it's 'batman with prep'. batman is the only character who seems to be able to gain from prep.

#117 Posted by Greenfort (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Love 'Pool:) well it's each to their own...

#118 Posted by 2comicnerds (7 posts) - - Show Bio

How would you call him overrated? Is it his popularity? If so, you can't hate on a character because people like him. Is it his writing? It is common knowledge that Daniel Way butchered Deadpool, but Joe Kelly's Deadpool and even Nicieza's Cable and Deadpool was brilliantly written. The pop culture is finally getting it's hands on Deadpool and his charisma and unorthodox style is winning them over. He was plenty of good writing behind him and he has certainly paid his dues to earn some of the spotlight

#119 Posted by New_World_Order (12547 posts) - - Show Bio

Somewhat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.