Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3319 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

When is the animated Deadpool movie coming?

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By G Bird

I've heard there is an animated Deadpool movie coming out, anybody know when? And does anybody know the plot yet? It's probably too early to tell, but you never know...

Avatar image for abnormally_warm_guy
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

You heard wrong.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Only a live action one... and I suspect that wont happen till after Ryan Reynolds has finished Green Lantern.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By G Bird

Damn.... why wouldn't they do an animated one? I know a lot of people would buy it, Deadpool is all the rage right now.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

People are rapidly growing tired of the Deadpool overdose at the moment (see the Deadpool Corps, Lady Deadpool, Kid Deadpool & Dogpool).  I think an animated movie would be better, brighter & more fun... but at the same time I'm not convinced Deadpool deserves it.  But in the meantime you can still get a lot of Deadpool action in the Hulk Versus Wolverine one-off.

Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Animated Deadpool would have to be more kid friendly then a live action one. I don't want see him kid friendly.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By G Bird
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " People are rapidly growing tired of the Deadpool overdose at the moment (see the Deadpool Corps, Lady Deadpool, Kid Deadpool & Dogpool).  I think an animated movie would be better, brighter & more fun... but at the same time I'm not convinced Deadpool deserves it.  But in the meantime you can still get a lot of Deadpool action in the Hulk Versus Wolverine one-off. "
    "After this mission can we kill those babies floating in the jars?".... "What? Babies freak me out!!" LOL Deadpool had me cracking up with that in Hulk Vs. I wish he had a bigger part in it though. They really do need to make an animated movie for him instead of all the "new" Deadpool characters as you said.
    Abnormally Warm Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no aniamted feature about the "new Deadpool characters" its a story arc that is coming up soon. I still stand by a Deadpool animated feature would be too kiddie.

G Bird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By G Bird

^^^ Might be a little kiddy, but the jokes would still have us roliin I bet. And who knows, maybe they could gear it towards an adult audience and wouldn't have have to compromise much.

ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ClockworkDrago

here's the thing just cause something is animated doesn't mean that its kiddy, look to the east my friends and even the whole hulk vs. wolverine thing wasnt that kiddie to begin with two people got their arms cut off dark humor out the wazzoo and it was still awesome to watch

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.