whats your thoughts on issue 15 of deadpool

#1 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a good start to the story and enjoyed how he tried to get wolverine and captain America to help him.

I also liked the lil flashback of him getting dumped like rubbish and then coming back to life.

The mork and mindy joke and the beginning was not needed tho lol

#2 Posted by Iragexcudder (4277 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: I liked it a lot. It shows a more serious side of deadpool.. Like he's changing and becoming more of a soldier and a superhero.

#3 Posted by chem86 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it! It's seems like this going to be the best story arc yet, the idea of all the super soliders is really cool....

BUT... While I did like the flash back of deadpool being thrown out in the trash, it didn't fit with past deadpool. In Joe Kelly's Deadpool breaks out of department k, with guns in hand, not out the garbage shoot after they were done with him. So it may mess with continuity but it was well done at least.

#4 Edited by mxb (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@chem86: there is an interview with Duggan and Posehn perfectly answering you continuity question. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47419 These guys do good interviews.

I also loved this issue, didnt want it to end... just need deadpool to kick a little bit more butt and i think we have a winner.

#5 Edited by chem86 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

@mxb said:

@chem86: there is an interview with Duggan and Posehn perfectly answering you continuity question. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47419 These guys do good interviews.

I also loved this issue, didnt want it to end... just need deadpool to kick a little bit more butt and i think we have a winner.

Great interview, but it doesn't explain it. It mentions wade remembers things differently, so maybe then he remember the whole department k break out wrong...

They say in the article they want to show how this all fits together yet they already, overlap something

#6 Edited by mxb (52 posts) - - Show Bio

@chem86: ok maybe not explains... But betwee that and another interview, it seems like he will still have a "mysterious" back ground, but it will fit together better. Right now it's all over the place, it will at least explain why he as so many differnt story's about his past.

#7 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

'Bye Storm.'
'... Bye Wade.'

HA! Do I need to say more? I really, really liked that issue. Deadpool 1-14 was just painful to read in my opinion. I really started considering to drop the book and if that would have happened, I would have dropped all the other books. But man, Deadpool 15 really did it for me. I hope they stick to that style of writing. I don't want to see any stupid randomness anymore in Deadpool comics, or I'll vomit all over my collection. I bought Deadpool kills Deadpool 1 and 2 and I'm done with that book. I'm not going to support bad writing, bad dialogue and random humor with my hard earned money.

#8 Posted by chem86 (356 posts) - - Show Bio

@mxb said:

@chem86: ok maybe not explains... But betwee that and another interview, it seems like he will still have a "mysterious" back ground, but it will fit together better. Right now it's all over the place, it will at least explain why he as so many differnt story's about his past.

yea I hope it does fit better together once we see all of it. My problem is they are trying to explain why he has different past's, in which so they are creating two different stories of him getting out of department k. If you haven't read the first time he get out of department k (deadpool annual 1998), that's that story about how he got the actual name "Deadpool". So it's kind of a big deal then, if they just say the first memory of department k was all just a fake and wrong... like you said though hopefully it will explain it better as it goes on.

#9 Edited by Omega1041 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@chem86: I felt this was more about them trying to recap some of deadpool's past for new readers so they might have a better understanding of his involvement with Butler and the weapon x project, rather than a retelling of the origin story. I felt like the scene with the garbage shoot was just emphasizing the point that he was basically thrown out like trash. Though I could be wrong, we'll just have to see in the upcoming issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.