what's the big deal

• 54 results
#1 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

ok so i've been on the vine for awhile now and from what i can tell just about everyone absolutely frickin loves deadpool and i just don't get it...please explain!

#2 Posted by sonicmora (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess he's cool.

#3 Posted by sonicmora (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84484 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant stand him.

#6 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

He's one of my favorite characters.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

see neither can i...i've read deadpool comics back in the day but could never get into him but everyone around here seems to love him and just can't figure out why

#8 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84484 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"see neither can i...i've read deadpool comics back in the day but could never get into him but everyone around here seems to love him and just can't figure out why"

For me its the dialog. I'm sure his trash talking is impressive on the 4th grade playground. The writers need to be around some real trash talkers, people who know how to use their tongue as a weapon. The other aspects of Deadpool are cool. Weapon X, Martial Arts, Weapons, Healing Factor, even his outfit is kinda cool. I just don't like the way he's written.

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not cool. He's and asswhole. He talks alot of trash and has a healing factor?? Thats not amazing. Wolverine will take on juggernaut and hulk and has a healing factor and has claws thats cool. Deadpool is just another overrated character.

#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
"see neither can i...i've read deadpool comics back in the day but could never get into him but everyone around here seems to love him and just can't figure out why"

For me its the dialog. I'm sure his trash talking is impressive on the 4th grade playground. The writers need to be around some real trash talkers, people who know how to use their tongue as a weapon. The other aspects of Deadpool are cool. Weapon X, Martial Arts, Weapons, Healing Factor, even his outfit is kinda cool. I just don't like the way he's written."

Everytime my friend see him they think he's spiderman lol.

#11 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"danhimself says:
For me its the dialog. I'm sure his trash talking is impressive on the 4th grade playground. The writers need to be around some real trash talkers, people who know how to use their tongue as a weapon. The other aspects of Deadpool are cool. Weapon X, Martial Arts, Weapons, Healing Factor, even his outfit is kinda cool. I just don't like the way he's written."

Good point but I still have no problem with how he talks. But thats just me.

#12 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

his sense of humor seems to one of the big reasons people don't like him

just here to say everyone has there own taste in humor,i always dont find him funny,but thats the reason why i read him

#13 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

He's hilarious because he's perfectly fine poking fun at himself, as well as every other flaw in the industry. Really, anyone who disrespects the 4th Wall has my respect.

#14 Posted by Paradox4000 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#15 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is funnier. LoL.

#16 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Paradox4000 says:

"Deadpool rocks, you just have: A) No sense of humor B) Don't know a good character when you see one C) Are probably emoOh yeah, you're a huge nerd, Gambler, and most nerds have a shitty sense of humor.
Post Edited:2008-05-31 11:28:56"

You forgot one. He's just not funny.

#17 Posted by Paradox4000 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

He's funny, but not if you're an elitist, "I'm better then everyone else" nerd with no sense of humor.

#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind deadpool. Much like how I don't mind the hulk. What I do mind are fanboys.

#19 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he's great because he doesn't take himself so f-n serious all the time, like Wolverine or any other character who just tries to be cool and badass all the time.

#20 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Deadpool. I never read much of his other series, but really got into the last Cable and Deadpool. Humour is relative, so let's not judge each other based on what we do or don't find funny. I liked the humour of his book, but if you don't then that's going to affect how much you like his stories.

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I find Deadpool kinda funny, but too much humor ruins a character

Besides he is nothing more than a bad rip-off from Deathstroke on my eyes

#22 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Paradox4000 says:

"He's funny, but not if you're an elitist, "I'm better then everyone else" nerd with no sense of humor."

So now you must be a nerd if you don't laugh at jokes at aren't funny from a guy who is always called spiderman because he looks like some one who is actually funny?? Interesting. Your logic is crappy.

#23 Posted by Kain Echnida (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Paradox4000 says:
"He's funny, but not if you're an elitist, "I'm better then everyone else" nerd with no sense of humor."
So now you must be a nerd if you don't laugh at jokes at aren't funny from a guy who is always called spiderman because he looks like some one who is actually funny?? Interesting. Your logic is crappy."

He looks nothing like Spider-Man. If you confuse Deadpool for Spider-Man you need to be pistol-whipped.

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"He's hilarious because he's perfectly fine poking fun at himself, as well as every other flaw in the industry. Really, anyone who disrespects the 4th Wall has my respect."

fesak says:

"I think he's great because he doesn't take himself so f-n serious all the time, like Wolverine or any other character who just tries to be cool and badass all the time."

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I like Deadpool. I never read much of his other series, but really got into the last Cable and Deadpool. Humour is relative, so let's not judge each other based on what we do or don't find funny. I liked the humour of his book, but if you don't then that's going to affect how much you like his stories."

Agreed.

#25 Posted by Paradox4000 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Post was deleted for calling someone a nerd?

That's like calling someone a jock and having your post deleted. It makes no sense because you are what you are. If you're a damn nerd you're a damn nerd, if you're gay you're gay, if you're a jock you're a jock. Wtf?

#26 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually I like Deadpool but he is over-rated but that makes him more likable. Hes a smart ass thats seemingly impossible to get rid of. The dialogue is funny and he not in a major conflict were hes all depressed and shit. He has a wise crack at every f-in thing. Even Spider-Man crys. Deadpool is pretty kool. Sure as hell puts a smile on face.

#27 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma frost is hilarious!

moving on.....Deadpool is cool i suppose....if you're into that..

#28 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Paradox4000 says:

so if someone has a different opinion then yours, they are an elitist nerd with no sense of humor?

#29 Posted by Julius Cutter (49 posts) - - Show Bio

i like deadpool.some don't for his humor,but humor has much importance as hair style in comics,we all differnet flavor of comedy in us

#30 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

oh and i find deadpool childish

#31 Posted by Julius Cutter (49 posts) - - Show Bio

some people like childish humor,some like somthing more sophisticated.i my self like surrel and morbid humor

differences make the world go round

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is ok,but reading his comics is like reading Howard the Duck....it almost never has any significance in the Marvel Universe.He's funny sometimes but he's not hilarious.Spider-man has made me lol more times than he has..in fact so has,Iron Man and other characters who aren't trying to be funny.Overall his character design is pretty cool,but his immortality is stupid,his storylines are a waste and his feats are inconistant.

#33 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

He's hilarious. That my main reason of liking him, but he is not always funny, sometimes he is really serious and emotional.

#34 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not into childish so he doesnt do anything for me

#35 Posted by Spiderman 2099 (130 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm into both Childish and Sophisticated humor. I mean I read deadpool (Laugh my ass off) and watch the big bang fury (If you haven't watch the show its like sophisticated/adult humor and I still laugh my ass off).

#36 Posted by Julius Cutter (49 posts) - - Show Bio

well i don't find him that funny either,but i dont dislike him becasue of it

#37 Posted by Julius Cutter (49 posts) - - Show Bio

he wasn't ment to be a big time character

#38 Posted by danhimself (22270 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't dislike him i just can't get into him for the same reason that vance said almost all of his stories have no impact on the rest of the marvel universe there's just no reason to read his books for me....and i find that i've never actually disliked a character i've had times where i don't like reading one but given the proper writer any character can be a-list

#39 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he kicks peoples @$$ and makes fun of them while doing it. (Funnier than Spidey) He has good visuals, he has a great background, is always trying to figure out where he belongs, and he can actually talk to you in a comic. Lets face it, almost everyone has him on their team on Ultimate Alliance. Kids at school who aren't into comics like him just from that game.

#40 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself says:

"i don't dislike him i just can't get into him for the same reason that vance said almost all of his stories have no impact on the rest of the marvel universe there's just no reason to read his books for me....and i find that i've never actually disliked a character i've had times where i don't like reading one but given the proper writer any character can be a-list"

When did every character have to impact the Universe in every issue. Iron Fist doesn't involve that many characters in the Universe but is still cool to read. The same applies for Deadpool.

#41 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

Nighthunter says:

"Personally I find Deadpool kinda funny, but too much humor ruins a character Besides he is nothing more than a bad rip-off from Deathstroke on my eyes"

They do look pretty similar.

#42 Posted by Paradox4000 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are you people who don't like Deadpool even here? Why is this troll topic even on the Deadpool forum? You don't see us going to other characters forums and saying things like: "Their costume sucks. Their powers are crap. Their humor isn't actually funny. They suck."

If you don't like his wit then you probably have a narrow mind, take things too seriously, and should just leave this board and find a character you like. Deadpool is a bit like South Park (Cartman), Futurama (Bender), and Family Guy (Peter). If you really want me to, I can start to insult you all for how much your lives must suck to have that much time to take hours and hours to detail and write up the bio's for your profiles.

#43 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

I just like him coz I think he's cool and funny

#44 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Paradox4000 says:

"Why are you people who don't like Deadpool even here? Why is this troll topic even on the Deadpool forum? You don't see us going to other characters forums and saying things like: "Their costume sucks. Their powers are crap. Their humor isn't actually funny. They suck." If you don't like his wit then you probably have a narrow mind, take things too seriously, and should just leave this board and find a character you like. Deadpool is a bit like South Park (Cartman), Futurama (Bender), and Family Guy (Peter). If you really want me to, I can start to insult you all for how much your lives must suck to have that much time to take hours and hours to detail and write up the bio's for your profiles."

Thats what I'm saying!

#45 Posted by Mr. Wilson (6322 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"i'm not into childish so he doesnt do anything for me"

Well he is called the Merc with a Mouth....

#46 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Apparition: But App, the fact that he's childish is what makes him so mature. If you can't see that, you're just childish.

#47 Posted by DEADPOOL (2702 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool is actually a pretty unique character. Everyone focuses on his humor, and it does hook most people, but he's actually deep. He wasn't some schmuck off the street that got powers or put on a mask and somehow became an invincible symbol of justice that saves the day and wins the girl... hell, half the time he gets shit on despite his best intentions and efforts and just crawls back into his hole even more miserable than before. He's scarred, both physically and mentally and uses humor to hide his insecurities and poor social skills. He has had a cruel life and it never gets better; few people believe in him or even likes him, but he means well and is full of sincerity. He's a lost soul and is dependent on others for guidance and motivation. And he may have times where he just wants to give up or just go completely insane, but it's those moments where he shines the brightest. He has the skills, the abilities, and the will to be one of Marvel's legends... he's just waiting for a chance to prove it.

Daniel Way, the new writer for Deadpool's new solo-series, has many interesting views on Deadpool, one of which that caught me was:

"So he's all about validation in a lot of ways," Way said. "He wants to be involved. He wants people to interact with him and the best way he's found to do that, is to offer his services. He gets people to want him because he can't stand being ignored. That would be the ultimate hell for Wade Wilson; he won't be ignored, and being alone would be the worst."

mantoid says:

"Nighthunter says:
"Personally I find Deadpool kinda funny, but too much humor ruins a character Besides he is nothing more than a bad rip-off from Deathstroke on my eyes"

They do look pretty similar."

To me, Deathstroke is a rip-off of Captain America; their costumes and origins are way too similar.

Post Edited:2008-06-04 00:25:57

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"mantoid says:
"Nighthunter says:
They do look pretty similar."
To me, Deathstroke is a rip-off of Captain America; their costumes and origins are way too similar."

I somewhat agree.Deathstroke's costume more reminds me of classic Taskmaster.The both carry alot of weapons.

#49 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Deathstroke/Deadpool monthly.

#50 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

he isn't a really serious kind of guy, just jokes around

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.