Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What would you recommend?

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FunnyStuff707

I've been collecting comics for about half a year now, and I've sort of settled on the characters I like. One them is Deadpool, which will probably annoy a number of you, but what trades should I get? I've currently got Deadpool & Cable Ultimate Collection 2, Dark Reign and #23 to this month's. I'm going to get Secret Invasion, but then what? Recommend me some, pals.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The Lobster

I always recommend this story, this is for anyone looking to get into Deadpool comics. 

For trades, I suggest getting all of the Cable and Deadpool Ultimate Trades, and Deadpool Classic Volumes 1,2,3,and the upcoming 4.

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pacperson
    @The Lobster said:
    "Deadpool Classic Volumes 1,2,3,and the upcoming 4."
    Agreed, If you haven't read the classic Deadpool story's now a good time to start =p
    evodmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evodmasters

I enjoyed the Wade Wilson's War mini-series, but that was an alternate universe.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Lobster
    @Pacperson said:
    " @The Lobster said:
    Agreed, If you haven't read the classic Deadpool story's now a good time to start =p "
    I don't think anyone can truly call themselves a Deadpool fan without at least reading some stuff from theJoe Kelly era. That's Deadpool at his peak, that's what every Deadpool writer should look at when looking for inspiration on how to write that character. 

I can safely say that Joe Kelly's Deadpool was thebest Deadpool ever written.
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Night Thrasher
    @The Lobster said:
    " @Pacperson said:
    " @The Lobster said:
    Agreed, If you haven't read the classic Deadpool story's now a good time to start =p "
    I don't think anyone can truly call themselves a Deadpool fan without at least reading some stuff from theJoe Kelly era. That's Deadpool at his peak, that's what every Deadpool writer should look at when looking for inspiration on how to write that character. 

I can safely say that Joe Kelly's Deadpool was thebest Deadpool ever written. "
    Joe Kelly + Deadpool = Win!
    Lustwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lustwish

Merc With a Mouth
    his self-titled 4-part mini that came out in 1993.

why don't you stretch out and grab the Flash ongoing series, or Amazing Spiderman....

FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunnyStuff707
    @Lustwish: 

To be honest, I'm already spending more than I should on comic books, so no more series for a while.

So I got Deadpool Classic Vol. 3, and while there's definitely a lot more character in this guy, am I allowed to not be such a fan of the art? It's just too... missing things.
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Lobster
    @FunnyStuff707:  oh totally, you can hate the artwork if you want. Just remember this is artwork from a long time ago, this artwork came out around 1997. Most fans love that stuff for the writing anyway, Joe Kelly is the man.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#11  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

any of the deadpool classic tpbs are a good investment even if they are a little expensive
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'd start with his earlier stuff, like Sins of the Past, Circle Chase, and anything from Joe Kelly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.