Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What will his role be in DOOM WAR??

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Man of Lengend

Im hoping he actually has a big role since he is not going to be in seige or have anything to do with bringing norman down ...

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By XRiskyX

He doesn't have to be in everything. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character but I don't want to loose that oppinion on him because he is force fed to me like Marvel did with Wolvie lately.

Deadpool works best in small doses or his own series because that is when his trash talk is best. The more a writer has to come up with for his bubbles the lamer it tends to get.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Man of Lengend

i totally agree with you Risky , i just think that to kinda put an end to the whole in your face deadpool thing ... there should be a finale kinda thing for him in Doom war .  what do you think??

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Martian

Hopefully its a small role in Doom War. He appears enough everywhere else.

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XRiskyX

Maybe they could give him a one shoot or a mini or something in which he gets to do an important thing for the big finale. Just don't make him a main person in that event because since now he has not cared a lot about everything but killing Norman once and beating the Thunderbolts so far. In fact I get the idea that he couldn't be less interested in "Dark Reign". Just not his style.

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Man of Lengend

a one shot could be cool and i totally get that he should not be like the main character too ,i mean you have alot of popular characters apearing in it anyway
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Korg
      From Jon Mayberry:

CBR: What's it like writing Deadpool? What made you want to include him in this series. and how would describe the dynamic between him and the other heroes?

JM:  Deadpool is uncomfortably close to me at times. He's a smartass, he has an inner life that's weirdly interactive, and he loves a good fight. Back in my younger days, when I was a tournament competitor in full-contact martial arts and later as a bodyguard, I was known for a deeply inappropriate sense of humor during the most stressful times. People told me that I'd be cracking jokes on the way to the hospital with an icepick sticking out of my stomach - joking with the guy who did it, who was strapped to a gurney in the same ambulance with all the broken bones I'd given him. So - Deadpool - yeah, I get him.

As far as his role in the series - T'Challa is going to need a team to do some wetwork, and he needs the best of the best. Wolverine signs on because the job is rescuing Storm, and she's family to him; but Deadpool is in it for the money...and he's being offered a lot of it. Deadpool has also fallen in  love  with the new Panther, with Storm, and with the entire group of women warriors who are working with him - so he thinks he's doing it for love. And money. He's always about the money - after all, who knows what absurdly extravagant toy is waiting for the right sucker to come along and buy it.

Deadpool is not a good team player. He thinks he is, but he's badly misinformed. T'Challa finds him a useful annoyance; Shuri loathes him; Colossus and Nightcrawler don't understand why anyone likes him; and the Thing would be happy to punch him into orbit. But the boy can rack up a body count, and that will matter in "DoomWar."

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Man of Lengend

awsome thanks !!! got me excited now haha
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

This Doom war is starting to get my attention, as for Deadpool well, if he has a reason to be in this fair enough but this could contain much more relevent characters to Doom than him i think.

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Agent Buttons
    @Nobody said:
    "Hopefully its a small role in Doom War. He appears enough everywhere else. "
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Suigetsu

In it for the money... for him or for Marvel?

They are starting to use th formula, if we put deadpool in it. That means it will sold out.

This is already ridiculous, they have transformed him into a cash cow. A cash cow that at a point they considered uninportant and everyone is just trying to incorporate him to ensure that its comic sells.

Just look at loeph with he's 200/1 variants...

LOL even Benson admitted that this is starting to get out of hand.
    Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEADPOOL
    @Risky said:
    " He doesn't have to be in everything. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character but I don't want to loose that oppinion on him because he is force fed to me like Marvel did with Wolvie lately.  Deadpool works best in small doses or his own series because that is when his trash talk is best. The more a writer has to come up with for his bubbles the lamer it tends to get. "
    I actually think Deadpool's even better when he's interacting with others, I just hate it when Deadpool's reduced to comic relief.
    Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats Doomwar all about anyways?  

Also IMO, I believe Deadpool deserves a good role in Siege after all thats how his current main series started is with Osborn so yeah
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By crimsonspider89

A war against Latveria with Asgardians present.  
    Black Panther(T'challa's return I believe) leads Wakanda into war against them. The X-Men are involved somehow and of the Fantastic Four get involved. Deadpool I have no idea what role he will play.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.