Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3316 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What Trades should I pick up from the earlier stuff?

Cpt. Quor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Cpt. Quor

I've been a fan of Deadpool for quite a while but the first regular Deadpool monthly (besides Cable & Deadpool) I picked up was Daniel Way's series which I think has been a pretty good ride so far with some cool story arcs (Bullseye vs Deadpool probably being my favourite), either way I missed out on Joe Kelly's legendary run and would like to pick up some Trades to catch up with it (and any other "must read" runs people may have done on the character).  Any recommendations?

Cpt. Quor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Cpt. Quor

Ok so I'm not too sure what happened there, I got a gateway timeout from the server and suddenly there was 4 of these threads can a mod delete the other 3 please!

Delta Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Delta Red

The Circle Chase (1993) 4 issues
    Sins Of The Past (1994)  4 issues

Those are his first 2 miniseries, you should give them a good read.

Avatar image for capo_del_bandito
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito

Just pick up Deadpool Classic 1-3

Deadpool/Wolverine: Weapon X is a good one too.

C&DP was ok until about the civil war arc.

Hopefully once you see how Deadpool is supposed to be written (pretty much anyone other than way or Scallia) you'll realize that Way is just fucking about with no real point, messing up the character, but thankfully leaving the continuity alone.

WhoDunnit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WhoDunnit101

Or alternatively you'll just realise how Bandito is just making a fuzz out of nothing. I suppose it makes his days pass faster.

Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @WhoDunnit101: The whole out of character bit, the stories that really go no where, rehashed ideas, nothing new beyond little flashy things that distract people from the non-existent plotholes and plot itself. 

Yeah, i mean, who *wants* a dark and complex character when you can just have mindless fun that doesn't really go anywhere?
    WhoDunnit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WhoDunnit101
    @Capo_Del_Bandito: Yes, the above statement is rather fitting description of the 90's Deadpool. 

When it comes to the comic fans who long for a dark and complex character, they are usually satiesfied as long as any character remains relatively unknown to produce that fleeting moment of prestige when other comic fans fail to recognize the said character.
    Capo_Del_Bandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Capo_Del_Bandito
    @WhoDunnit101: I was satisfied with Simone's take on the character, hell even most of Tieri's. Nicezia started fucking around with his personality and altering his powers/giving him some extra ones.

But really when there is a shit writer doing nothing new and relying on gimmicks (crossovers/voices/Pool-O-Vision) instead of storytelling, then there is something seriously wrong.
    WhoDunnit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhoDunnit101

And you can use gimmicks to tell stories. It is the reader's preference whether they like it or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.