Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What is Deadpool's Resistance to Telepaths?

charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By charlespdk

I remember it being a point that telepaths couldn't read Deadpool's mind because of the constant regeneration of cells or some such story, but in Uncanny X-Force he's constantly getting controlled. If the former is true, wouldn't the same go for Wolverine? Is my memory faulty and there's no resistance?

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

It wasn't really explained well, but from time to time psychics are having trouble with him because his brain is basically a mess of cancer, dymentia, and breaking of the fourth wall.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By krilling

Wasn't it that this "telepath's can't read Pool's mind"-thing has to do with Wade's nutty mind or rather minds? Or am I mistaken?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

@krilling said:

Wasn't it that this "telepath's can't read Pool's mind"-thing has to do with Wade's nutty mind or rather minds? Or am I mistaken?

Deadpool is not insane, also even insane people could be mind raped by telepaths.

The fact Deadpool haves a mind thta cant be read, could be about the fact Deadpool minds, work in another way.

krilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By krilling
    @DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@krilling said:

Deadpool is not insane, also even insane people could be mind raped by telepaths.

The fact Deadpool haves a mind thta cant be read, could be about the fact Deadpool minds, work in another way.

That's what I actually mean. Thanks for the correction.
    ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ranvage

Yup.

His mind is in a different level.

charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By charlespdk

@ranvage said:

Yup.

His mind is in a different level.

What does this mean? Am I looking for too concrete an answer? What about the arc in X-Force when Shadowking takes over his brain? Does that coincide with this idea of his warped brain?

ShirEPanjshir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By ShirEPanjshir

@charlespdk: It basically means that depending on who writes Deadpool, he can be mind-controlled or not.

In one book, Deadpool can't be mind-controlled because when a Telepath tries to enter Deadpool's thoughts he finds himself inside Deadpool's 'insane' mind. So the Telepath can indeed enter Deadpool's mind, but has trouble trying to control what goes on because Deadpool is nuts. Part of the explanation for this is also the fact that Deadpool's artificial healing factor doesn't only regenerate his healthy cells, but also his cancer cells. So essentially, Deadpool's regeneration and his cancer are in a constant battle of destroying and creating healthy cells.

In another book Deadpool can be mind-controlled because he isn't depicted as being crazy. He has a 'regular' mind, even with the whole healing-factor/cancer regeneration theory. So he can be controlled just like everyone else.

Honestly, you shouldn't try to think about it too much and just go with it. Because most of the time writers tend to think of their own ways to handle a character's powers.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ranvage

@ShirEPanjshir: you spoke words of wisdown, brother.

It's a comic book anyway, many things won't make sense and we'll see differente things depending on the writer.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By DEADPOOL

Deadpool's mind is in a constant flux because his entire body, even his brain cells, is constantly in a stage of degeneration and regeneration.

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EpicAssassin90

The way I see it is that telepaths can read his mind but they cannot spend much time in it due to his insanity in Thais dimension and if they can get in for long enough they have to sought though it all to find the right memory or what makes him tick

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@EpicAssassin90 said:

The way I see it is that telepaths can read his mind but they cannot spend much time in it due to his insanity in Thais dimension and if they can get in for long enough they have to sought though it all to find the right memory or what makes him tick

Deadpool is not insane, also telepaths have mind raped insane people on the past.

@ShirEPanjshir: I am the only one, that haves notice that the cancer could be a wrong informations, i mean, for the way Deadpool looks, is not cancer.

charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By charlespdk

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@ShirEPanjshir: I am the only one, that haves notice that the cancer could be a wrong informations, i mean, for the way Deadpool looks, is not cancer.

I've never been 100% on what makes him ugly. Was it the actual procedure (cutting his skin up and making him look like hamburger meat) or his cancer flesh that just keeps regenerating (which is weird to be countered with a healing factor since cancer is just an overproduction of cells that the healing factor would have to keep in check. ).

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@charlespdk said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

I've never been 100% on what makes him ugly. Was it the actual procedure (cutting his skin up and making him look like hamburger meat) or his cancer flesh that just keeps regenerating (which is weird to be countered with a healing factor since cancer is just an overproduction of cells that the healing factor would have to keep in check. ).

And since when cancer cuase anything like that?

If i am honest, i belive Deadpool used to have another problem, regeneration would never cure cancer, it would make it worse.

So the guys should have another problem, he just thinks it was cancer, that would also explain why he dont have hair.

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ranvage

Deadpool was diagnosed with cancer, so he does have cancer.

His skin, however, was even a surprise for both his doctors on Weapon X and himself.

It was never clearly explained, but we were lead to believe it was his own body reaction due to the adition of the mutant gene into his body.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Yeah and that seems to be the only thing that makes sense, otherwise you'd think his healing factor would have healed his face, but if his body continues to reject or react to the mutant gene it would stay damaged. Kinda crazy.

charlespdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By charlespdk

I didn't think about it being a reaction to the mutant gene itself. Plus, I just don't think the writer's spend much time thinking about how a healing factor works on a cellular level and the actual reaction it would have to a cancer patient whose cells are actually multiplying to an excessive degree.

Avatar image for metropoliskid41
    MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By MetropolisKid41

There are a lot simpler less complex things with deadpool that I don't think the writers spend much time thinking about.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By ReVamp

Had to do with the cells in his brain. Wolverine's healing factor is different.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranvage: @MetropolisKid41: @charlespdk: Gregory House: Is not Cancer

Foreman: Is Lupus.

House: IS NEVER FRECKING LUPUS, YOU IDIOT!!!!

Skin problems

Hair loss

Personallity change

Behavior change

House:I am sure is an STD

Deadpool:Well you cant write stud, without STD.

House saves the day again.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.