Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

What does 'bodysliding' mean?

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Power NeXus

I've heard Deadpool's teleportation referred to as 'bodysliding'. How does this differ from regular teleportation?
    kimmycat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kimmycat

I know when he was with Cable he had a device that he used for teleporting, I think bodysliding means just teleporting together, but I could be wrong.

Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
    Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Body-Sliding.. I figure its probably just his way of saying it or maybe like that's how the creator just named the device's function. Is like in the movie Jumper that's how they call David's ability to teleport, Jump. 

Although his type of teleportation is like if they were ripping him to shreds and he appears somewhere else. Is like his molecules were leaving him. Maybe that's why it was named differently.

No Caption Provided
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By mavfan626

Cable calls it his "Teleport Matrix" it locks on to a person on a Genetic level from Cables Spaceship/Povidence (City). Cable and Deadpool were linked  in the Cable & Deadpool Comics at one point when they would bodyslide it would merge them then Cable fixed it so each one could use it so it wouldnt.  

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By castleking

it is a dance step. kidding.

its a future term coined from cable... in cable's timeline certain future lingo had replaced past terms.... for example they used words like scanning instead of look here or there......... cable used the word bodyslide instead of teleport... it also described the process of how it was done sliding through time and space to reach a desired location.....it is also the activatio word to teleport when DP is using cable's tech

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mavfan626
    @erik:
    LMFAO!!!!!
    JaYDaFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By JaYDaFuRy

bodysliding is a term used for what cable and deadpool do for teleporting because, in issue #6 in cable & deadpool get their DNA mixed because of a virus called the facade virus, and they were forced to mix DNA to survive. Cable built a teleportation matrix for himself in his lab, but since him and deadpool have the same DNA he can say "bodyslide by one", and teleport to wherever Deadpool is and vice versa. if Deadpool or Cable say "bodyslide by two" they both telport back to cables residence.
    Necromas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Necromas
    @Breaker envoy of Setron said:
    " Body-Sliding.. I figure its probably just his way of saying it or maybe like that's how the creator just named the device's function. Is like in the movie Jumper that's how they call David's ability to teleport, Jump. 

Although his type of teleportation is like if they were ripping him to shreds and he appears somewhere else. Is like his molecules were leaving him. Maybe that's why it was named differently.
    No Caption Provided
    "
    That's not a picture of him bodysliding, that's a thousand tiny deadpools with various superhero themes flying together to form a gigantic deadpool (T-ray is also gigantic).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By 123422
    @JaYDaFuRy said:
    " bodysliding is a term used for what cable and deadpool do for teleporting because, in issue #6 in cable & deadpool get their DNA mixed because of a virus called the facade virus, and they were forced to mix DNA to survive. Cable built a teleportation matrix for himself in his lab, but since him and deadpool have the same DNA he can say "bodyslide by one", and teleport to wherever Deadpool is and vice versa. if Deadpool or Cable say "bodyslide by two" they both telport back to cables residence. "
    Actually, if i remember correctly, saying "bodyslide by one" teleports them, but fuses their bodies together like in Cable & Deadpool #6, when their genes fused together or something, temporarily making Wade's skin normal.
    JaYDaFuRy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By JaYDaFuRy
    @123422:
    thats what i said man :p  i just didnt include the deadpool becoming temporarily handsome
    jamieb18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jamieb18

@power_nexus: Bodysliding didn't originate in either deadpool or in Cable/Deadpool it originates in Cable's first ongoing series. In Cable #102 - Oops, I Did it Again! Cable's narration describes it as; 'Bodysliding is the instantaneous transportation of living tissue from any location to a set of pre-programmed coordinates' It was featured before this in Cable's 1999 annual

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.