What Deadpool comics should I be reading now?

#1 Posted by LeetBalla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

It has been a while since I have read any of the Deadpool comics. I read what are now referred to as the "Classic" collections years ago. My question is, where should I start with Deadpool now? There are so many different story arcs I'm not sure where to start. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Abnormally Warm Guy (1297 posts) - - Show Bio

Well what are you trying to accomplish? Catch up so you can read new comics or read his best stuff?

#3 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10107 posts) - - Show Bio
@Abnormally Warm Guy said:
Well what are you trying to accomplish? Catch up so you can read new comics or read his best stuff?
He means after the Classic series, he stop reading Deadpoo and now he wants to read the best thing that are not part of the Classic.
#4 Posted by Haustyl12 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

start with secret invasion

#5 Posted by LeetBalla (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the input Hausty, just checked it out on Amazon and ordered it.

#6 Posted by Pacperson (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable and Deadpool,

As for stuff coming out now....Uncanny X-force, Its a Team book, but its much better then all the other crap.

#7 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pacperson said:
Cable and Deadpool,   As for stuff coming out now....Uncanny X-force, Its a Team book, but its much better then all the other crap.
#8 Posted by Mokey (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't touch the main on-going, it's kinda trash. What you should read, though, is Uncanny X-Force, Cable & Deadpool, Deadpool: Suicide Kings, Wade Wilson's War

#9 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

If you WANT to start now, start with Uncanny X-force, Deadpool is pretty awesome there...
#10 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with most here: Uncanny X-Force has the best Deadpool version currently out there. Even if it's only his actions in a team book.
The current Deadpool on going isn't entirely bad, but it's nowhere near the Classic series. Daniel Way just (ab)uses Deadpool by throwing him from one gimmick-filled story into the next.
They even decided there weren't enough versions of Deadpool out there yet ( Lady Deadpool, Dogpool, Kidpool, Headpool, etc. ), so they're now creating Evil Deadpool ...

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6431 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShirEPanjshir: what an evil deadpool....
#12 Posted by ShirEPanjshir (588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180: Yeah. Check out the news from SDCC. There was an announcement that there soon will come an Evil Deadpool, who'll become one of the MU 's greatest enemies. 
#13 Posted by Deadpool_17 (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd recomend reading Deadpool:dark reign. It was my favourite.
Deadpool suicide kings and Agent x will do too

#14 Posted by beetlebum3 (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Haustyl12 said:
start with secret invasion
I agree....  
   Knock Knock 
#15 Posted by ApeKindaBaked (104 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently went out and bought Deadpool: Pulp. It's a pretty decent origins story that takes place in the 50's. There's some very original kills and some pretty funny ones too, but i'm not going to spoil anything. There are flashbacks of him in a japanese pow camp that kind of throw off the story because it never lets you know by saying anything like "10 years earlier", but otherwise i'd give it a thumbs up.
#16 Posted by hawkbam (29 posts) - - Show Bio
@ApeKindaBaked
thats an awesome dp pic

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.