Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Wade Wilson whole back story

Bigredsofa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello there, im new to Deadpool.

In fact, i just picked up my first Deadpool comic today (Deadpool Classic #1)

I wanted to know, if I read the classic series in TPB will I ever get to know HOW Deadpool

became deadpool or should I pick up another serie instead to satisfy my curiosity.. Because even

though i still got my answer from a web search, I would love to read the

story on how he became what he is now.

that'd be great if you guys could help me out with that, thanks !

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 2

Hello there, im new to Deadpool.

In fact, i just picked up my first Deadpool comic today (Deadpool Classic #1)

I wanted to know, if I read the classic series in TPB will I ever get to know HOW Deadpool

became deadpool or should I pick up another serie instead to satisfy my curiosity.. Because even

though i still got my answer from a web search, I would love to read the

story on how he became what he is now.

that'd be great if you guys could help me out with that, thanks !

Deadpool has multiple back-stories, so that all depends on which back-story you want to read. There's the now debunked origin story from Cable and Deadpool, where he was born in Ohio and raised by his abusive father after his mother died of cancer. There's the yet to be debunked origin where he was raised by a father who is still alive and living in Canada. Which is somewhere during Christopher Priest's run and now there's the current "probably true" origin by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn's run where he killed his parents.

Or do you mean when "Wade Wilson" first became "Deadpool"? In which case, you're on the current path. That's from Joe Kelly's masterful run. But if you'd rather just read the story.... that was shown in the Deadpool Death Annual. You can also pick that up in Deadpool Classic Volume 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.