Ultimate Deadpool's Future?

#1 Posted by DEADPOOL (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked that Ultimate Deadpool worked well in a group and was respected. I liked that Ultimate Deadpool was more serious and much more dangerous in contrast to Nicieza's 616 Deadpool at the time. And Ultimate Deadpool had a great costume.

And while he was a big turn from the 616 Deadpool, I expected that. The only thing that I didn't like was that despite Bendis' great sense of humor, Deadpool's wit, while ever present, wasn't funny. Ultimate Spider-Man made me laugh the whole time, but Ultimate Deadpool... well... I give him a B+ for effort. Oh, and I missed the yellow speech bubbles.

And I see alot of room for improvement in store for Ultimate Deadpool, and I think a great twist would be... he's a mutant with the same indomidable healing factor as 616 Deadpool.

But you must be asking "why would a mutant hunt mutants?" Well Ultimate Deadpool and the gang said it themselves, they don't like that any snot-nosed punk can have powers without earning them first.

Then you must be asking "Why would mutant-haters follow a mutant?" Well that can be answered pretty easily. Deadpool was a soldier, like them. They fought together in many battles and he climbed the ranks to being their commanding officer. To them, and himself, he earned his powers. And the next time he runs into Spider-Man or the X-Men, he'll probably think they earned their powers too.

You guys are now probably asking "if Ultimate Deadpool has that healing factor, how did he become a cyborg?" Well his healing factor is like a stream. If you try to cut the water, it just overlaps itself. But if you put a rock in the stream, the water will have to flow around it until the rock is removed.

The cybernetic implants is that rock. And after Shadowcat made that "rock" explode, the stream was able to correct it's flow. In other words, I think Deadpool will be very human-looking the next time we see him.
Post Edited:2007-02-18 12:32:51

#2 Posted by DEADPOOL (2709 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I had put this in the Deadpool forum? I couldn't decide.

#3 Posted by Overseer (404 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see Ultimate DP in his own Ultimate comic. And the way he last appeared, I would say he could have recieved some pretty big trama. Hens him becoming phycotic and acting more like his Earth 616 self. Add Weasel, Blind Al and a couple of easilly mockable villains (like MODOK) and we could have a new Ultimate hit.

#4 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
Overseer said:
"I could see Ultimate DP in his own Ultimate comic. And the way he last appeared, I would say he could have recieved some pretty big trama. Hens him becoming phycotic and acting more like his Earth 616 self. Add Weasel, Blind Al and a couple of easilly mockable villains (like MODOK) and we could have a new Ultimate hit."
Awesome idea.
#5 Edited by themaskedhero (264 posts) - - Show Bio

I think you could take the early work of Deadpool as a tragic character, like the mid-90's, maybe skip over the comedy being that Bendis has already made him too different. But a character kind of like Mr. Cox on Scrubs, a hard ass (in this case an anti-mutant assassin) who shows a truly tragic past very rarely but under the right writer, wonderfully plotted.

#6 Posted by Erik (32786 posts) - - Show Bio
DEADPOOL said:
"

I liked that Ultimate Deadpool worked well in a group and was respected. I liked that Ultimate Deadpool was more serious and much more dangerous in contrast to Nicieza's 616 Deadpool at the time. And Ultimate Deadpool had a great costume.

And while he was a big turn from the 616 Deadpool, I expected that. The only thing that I didn't like was that despite Bendis' great sense of humor, Deadpool's wit, while ever present, wasn't funny. Ultimate Spider-Man made me laugh the whole time, but Ultimate Deadpool... well... I give him a B+ for effort. Oh, and I missed the yellow speech bubbles.

And I see alot of room for improvement in store for Ultimate Deadpool, and I think a great twist would be... he's a mutant with the same indomidable healing factor as 616 Deadpool.

But you must be asking "why would a mutant hunt mutants?" Well Ultimate Deadpool and the gang said it themselves, they don't like that any snot-nosed punk can have powers without earning them first.

Then you must be asking "Why would mutant-haters follow a mutant?" Well that can be answered pretty easily. Deadpool was a soldier, like them. They fought together in many battles and he climbed the ranks to being their commanding officer. To them, and himself, he earned his powers. And the next time he runs into Spider-Man or the X-Men, he'll probably think they earned their powers too.

You guys are now probably asking "if Ultimate Deadpool has that healing factor, how did he become a cyborg?" Well his healing factor is like a stream. If you try to cut the water, it just overlaps itself. But if you put a rock in the stream, the water will have to flow around it until the rock is removed.

The cybernetic implants is that rock. And after Shadowcat made that "rock" explode, the stream was able to correct it's flow. In other words, I think Deadpool will be very human-looking the next time we see him.
Post Edited:2007-02-18 12:32:51

"
Interesting take on Ultimate Deadpool.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.