Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

Too much Deadpool? What do you think?

• 66 results
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jotham

It seems Deadpool has been getting a lot of attention lately, with new series and alternate versions of the character. This has led some to say that Marvel is featuring him too much.
    What do you guys think? Should Deadpool receive less attention? Less series? Less alternate versions? Let me know your opinions.

Edit: I removed some stuff from my original post. I was trying to be humorous, but was probably just exhibiting poor taste.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

I don't know why people complain about overexposure...If I really like a character then I want to see him/her in as many books as possible 

also complaining about overexposure does nothing if their still running out and buying every appearance of the character....Marvel has said that if all the books that they put Wolverine in weren't selling like crazy then they would stop putting him in so many books...it's just that simple

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
    TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By TheSavageAssasin
    @danhimself said:
    " I don't know why people complain about overexposure...If I really like a character then I want to see him/her in as many books as possible  also complaining about overexposure does nothing if their still running out and buying every appearance of the character....Marvel has said that if all the books that they put Wolverine in weren't selling like crazy then they would stop putting him in so many books...it's just that simple "
    Very good.
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Man, Deadpool's in the dark for a good while. Let him have his moment while he can.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I tried to like Deadpool because he's seriously not a bad concept as far as character design goes.However the things they for him is out of bounds.It's like they will do anything to make sure he is a top seller but he's not that great of a character.There are books that were cancelled that could have used that boost.Who could have used some good mini's,that could have used some mainstream Spider-Man,Wolverine cameos.I'm sick of the marketing decisions.Good characters were kept out of major events for Deadpool...and when you have a serious Marvel event,something that will impact the Marvel U as a whole.Why waste pages on the guy who isn't going to do anything that has a significant purpose in the story? Why waste pages on the guy that's going to make a mockery of the whole thing,breaking the 4th wall and all the other bullsh#t he does.I don't read comics to laugh.I read comics for the action and Deadpool tries way to hard.He's no Spider-Man.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mavfan626

Its called supply on demaned

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

This is blasphemous.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @mavfan626 said:
    " Its called supply on demaned    "
    No it's called generating a characters popularity off of more popular ones and then whoring him out.
    Avatar image for the_sanguine_psychotic
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    No it's called generating a characters popularity off of more popular ones and then whoring him out. "
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard lately.
    kore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kore

Too much Deadpool??? That's like asking if there's too much pizza!!!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe
    @danhimself:
    ive come up with a solution if im seein enough of a character that i get bored with them i stop reading what theyre in for awhile and if i miss anything important i play a little catchup when my intrest comes back
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @The Sanguine Psychotic said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @mavfan626 said:
    No it's called generating a characters popularity off of more popular ones and then whoring him out. "
    That's the dumbest thing I've heard lately. "
    Well when you're dumb facts are lost with you.
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @The Sanguine Psychotic said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    Says the guy with the Zombie Deadpool avatar.Go ahead and pretend Deadpool would have been popular without Cable & Wolverine.It's not true. "
    Maybe, maybe not.  This isn't a lesson in counter-factual history.  You can't deny the fact that he IS popular, and the popularity is proven with sales and reprints.  

And let's not get personal about the avatar, Dr. Strange or whatevertheheck.

~KISSES!~ 
    :)
    The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By The Sadhu

Originally I was unsure of all the exposure that Deadpool was getting... I'm still uncertain but I do like how they are handling him.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    Says the guy with the Zombie Deadpool avatar.Go ahead and pretend Deadpool would have been popular without Cable & Wolverine.It's not true. "
    Maybe, maybe not.  This isn't a lesson in counter-factual history.  You can't deny the fact that he IS popular, and the popularity is proven with sales and reprints.    And let's not get personal about the avatar, Dr. Strange or whatevertheheck.  ~KISSES!~  :) "
    Nobody denied his popularity.My point was how he became popular.He didn't generate his own buzz he used more popular characters to get there.Again,If it wasn't for Cable & Wolverine there would be no Deadpool.Check his sales figures.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Vance Astro:
    i like a good balance in comics if its to light it hard to take it serious and if its too dark it distracts from the story and it cant all be action there has to be a reason for the action humor doesnt necessarily hurt a story but i agree it shouldnt get bogged down in jokes
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    Maybe, maybe not.  This isn't a lesson in counter-factual history.  You can't deny the fact that he IS popular, and the popularity is proven with sales and reprints.    And let's not get personal about the avatar, Dr. Strange or whatevertheheck.  ~KISSES!~  :) "
    Nobody denied his popularity.My point was how he became popular.He didn't generate his own buzz he used more popular characters to get there.Again,If it wasn't for Cable & Wolverine there would be no Deadpool.Check his sales figures. "
    Guh.  So what?  The fans say that they can't get enough of him.  They, like me, are excited to go three weeks a month with a new 'Pool on the shelf.  And thanks for following me around Big Guy, but I can handle myself on other forum posts too.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Guh.  So what?  The fans say that they can't get enough of him.  They, like me, are excited to go three weeks a month with a new 'Pool on the shelf.  And thanks for following me around Big Guy, but I can handle myself on other forum posts too. "
    First of all i'm not following you.Don't flatter yourself.Second of all my point is people are acting as if Deadpool is just this phenomenon that became popular because he's a cool character when in actuality they just did to him what they could have done to anyone.Made him piggyback of the buzz of another character.
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    Guh.  So what?  The fans say that they can't get enough of him.  They, like me, are excited to go three weeks a month with a new 'Pool on the shelf.  And thanks for following me around Big Guy, but I can handle myself on other forum posts too. "
    First of all i'm not following you.Don't flatter yourself.Second of all my point is people are acting as if Deadpool is just this phenomenon that became popular because he's a cool character when in actuality they just did to him what they could have done to anyone.Made him piggyback of the buzz of another character. "
    Okay, if that's the case, then why did Marvel choose Deadpool out of the hundreds of possible characters to make popular?  Is it because he's easy for the artists to draw?  I know!  Its because Sasquatch was busy, or Karnak had complained of migraines, otherwise they'd be the most popular characters in the MU.  The forum topic is not "How did Deadpool get soooo popular?"  Even if it was, I'd say the reason was fun writing, coupled with good artwork and a strong cult following, not "because Marvel whored him out."  Gosh.  The silliness from this person here.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

" @Vance Astro said:

First of all i'm not following you.Don't flatter yourself.Second of all my point is people are acting as if Deadpool is just this phenomenon that became popular because he's a cool character when in actuality they just did to him what they could have done to anyone.Made him piggyback of the buzz of another character. "
    Okay, if that's the case, then why did Marvel choose Deadpool out of the hundreds of possible characters to make popular?  Is it because he's easy for the artists to draw?  I know!  Its because Sasquatch was busy, or Karnak had complained of migraines, otherwise they'd be the most popular characters in the MU.  The forum topic is not "How did Deadpool get soooo popular?"  Even if it was, I'd say the reason was fun writing, coupled with good artwork and a strong cult following, not "because Marvel whored him out."  Gosh.  The silliness from this person here. "
    I don't work at Marvel I wouldn't know.I do however know all the miniseries Deadpool was involved in was to help save his comic.They were experimental.Cable & Deadpool was the one that happened to work.Him piggybacking off of Wolverine could come from Daniel Way who was writing Deadpool being involved with both books and he just happened to again a buzz off of Wolverine,plus him being in the animated movie Hulk vs. Wolverine and in the live action Wolverine Origins movie.He's part of Wolvie's storyline.Sasquatch & Karnak are on teams and never really had a solo career.Why you would mention them is beyond me.I know what the hell the topic is.How Deadpool got popular was part of my response and is the reason why i'm tired of him and i'm sick of him being whored out..for him to do nothing of significance.If you didn't get the point of what I said..you should have never responded. 

EDIT:I would assume they needed to find away to make Deadpool of all people popular because their other solo heroes don't have that problem.They generate their own buzz.Thor,Daredevil,Ghost Rider,Ms.Marvel,Wolverine,Spider-Man,& Iron Fist don't need help keeping their comic afloat.
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Band Lone

The world don't know what it wants.. I remember before all this people saying: I wish there was more Deadpool. Deadpool is so funny and is impossible to get tire of him Deadpool is badass, blah blah blah.. Now that is happening everyone complains. 

I don't mind Deadpool's overexposure, you know why? Because not only he is funny as hell; but he is as much of a bad ass (If not more) as is Wolverine. There is always something new and unexpected happening to him and it keeps the story fresh, always.

Arent the X tittles over used? X- Force, all the X-men tittles, Weapon X, X-Factor, Generation X. Why don't you people complain about the dang X already? 

BRING MORE DEADPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CORPS :D

The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:

" @Vance Astro said:

Okay, if that's the case, then why did Marvel choose Deadpool out of the hundreds of possible characters to make popular?  Is it because he's easy for the artists to draw?  I know!  Its because Sasquatch was busy, or Karnak had complained of migraines, otherwise they'd be the most popular characters in the MU.  The forum topic is not "How did Deadpool get soooo popular?"  Even if it was, I'd say the reason was fun writing, coupled with good artwork and a strong cult following, not "because Marvel whored him out."  Gosh.  The silliness from this person here. "
    I don't work at Marvel I wouldn't know.I do however know all the miniseries Deadpool was involved in was to help save his comic.They were experimental.Cable & Deadpool was the one that happened to work.Him piggybacking off of Wolverine could come from Daniel Way who was writing Deadpool being involved with both books and he just happened to again a buzz off of Wolverine,plus him being in the animated movie Hulk vs. Wolverine and in the live action Wolverine Origins movie.He's part of Wolvie's storyline.Sasquatch & Karnak are on teams and never really had a solo career.Why you would mention them is beyond me.I know what the hell the topic is.How Deadpool got popular was part of my response and is the reason why i'm tired of him and i'm sick of him being whored out..for him to do nothing of significance.If you didn't get the point of what I said..you should have never responded.  EDIT:I would assume they needed to find away to make Deadpool of all people popular because their other solo heroes don't have that problem.They generate their own buzz.Thor,Daredevil,Ghost Rider,Ms.Marvel,Wolverine,Spider-Man,& Iron Fist don't need help keeping their comic afloat. "
    Hey, you have a point.  Ghost Rider and Iron Fist are tearing up the shelves right now.  I forgot about that.
    If you're sick of Deadpool, than stop reading his books, and stop posting in DP forums.  Fewer aneurysms for everybody.

PS: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH VANCE! ;)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Hey, you have a point.  Ghost Rider and Iron Fist are tearing up the shelves right now.  I forgot about that. If you're sick of Deadpool, than stop reading his books, and stop posting in DP forums.  Fewer aneurysms for everybody. "
    I haven't read a Deadpool comic since issue #3 of his current volume.That came out before Dark Reign even started.Ghost Rider and Iron Fist aren't tearing up the shelves but those characters hold their own.Several months Daredevil under sold Deadpool,but he doesn't have a bunch of cameos in his comics,he's not really part of Dark Reign,he wasn't really a part of the last 4 Marvel events.(Disassembled,House of M,Civil War,Initiative,Secret Invasion),but Marvel doesn't feel like he needs help maintaining his own comic in danger of getting cancelled.I can post where ever I want.If you don't like my opinion don't respond.That would cause fewer aneurysms.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    " @Vance Astro: i like a good balance in comics if its to light it hard to take it serious and if its too dark it distracts from the story and it cant all be action there has to be a reason for the action humor doesnt necessarily hurt a story but i agree it shouldnt get bogged down in jokes "
    I agree.Alot of comics try to have their humorous moments in light of the serious situation at hand.I don't think humor hurts a story at all.It's when humor is the main point of the plot that it becomes a problem.When all the events lead to a punchline or a funny moment.I don't get the point of trying to tie it in.Deadpool's miniseries do well.I don't see why they didn't just let him stick to that.The Zombie Head thing and the Deadpool Corps will be big for him and significant to his storyline.His place in Dark Reign is extremely minimal.
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vance Astro said:
    Hey, you have a point.  Ghost Rider and Iron Fist are tearing up the shelves right now.  I forgot about that. If you're sick of Deadpool, than stop reading his books, and stop posting in DP forums.  Fewer aneurysms for everybody. "
    I haven't read a Deadpool comic since issue #3 of his current volume.That came out before Dark Reign even started.Ghost Rider and Iron Fist aren't tearing up the shelves but those characters hold their own.Several months Daredevil under sold Deadpool,but he doesn't have a bunch of cameos in his comics,he's not really part of Dark Reign,he wasn't really a part of the last 4 Marvel events.(Disassembled,House of M,Civil War,Initiative,Secret Invasion),but Marvel doesn't feel like he needs help maintaining his own comic in danger of getting cancelled.I can post where ever I want.If you don't like my opinion don't respond.That would cause fewer aneurysms. "
    I still love you.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    " @Vance Astro said:
    I haven't read a Deadpool comic since issue #3 of his current volume.That came out before Dark Reign even started.Ghost Rider and Iron Fist aren't tearing up the shelves but those characters hold their own.Several months Daredevil under sold Deadpool,but he doesn't have a bunch of cameos in his comics,he's not really part of Dark Reign,he wasn't really a part of the last 4 Marvel events.(Disassembled,House of M,Civil War,Initiative,Secret Invasion),but Marvel doesn't feel like he needs help maintaining his own comic in danger of getting cancelled.I can post where ever I want.If you don't like my opinion don't respond.That would cause fewer aneurysms. "
    I still love you. "
    I bet you do.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Vance Astro:
    well if its a comedy series like howard the duck then the humor is the point but yea deadpool writers can tend to not know when to quit
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:

" @Vance Astro: well if its a comedy series like howard the duck then the humor is the point but yea deadpool writers can tend to not know when to quit "

It's not so much that they don't know when to quit,they don't know how to make the humor relevant to the story.It's rarely an instance where it ties-in.He's spewing jokes a mile a minute.When he asked Kitty Pryde if she ever played Street Fighter and than he uppercut her.That's the type of humor that sometimes appears in Deadpool's books that I find acceptable and flows with the story.I just feel like characters that cameo in his books get taken down a peg so that he looks good and it makes the character look bad and that has been happening since the volume 1 of his books.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By joshmightbe
    @Vance Astro:
    i think some writers try to hard to make him look crazy and sometimes it makes him look silly instead
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @joshmightbe said:
    " @Vance Astro: i think some writers try to hard to make him look crazy and sometimes it makes him look silly instead "
    Agreed.
    Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrimsonComedian
    @Vance Astro:  Spider-Man had his time, Wolverine had his time, the Hulk had his time, now it's Deadpool's turn... deal with it. Spider-Man and Deadpool are alike in the sense that they come up with witty remarks at a serious moment when trying to stop someone or something. Deadpool's also smart, seeing as how he brought down an entire ship of Skrulls by barely fighting. He out-witted them, causing them to fight eachother... let's see Spider-Man do that. And there's no doubt, if he were to do that, he'd bring comedy into the situation too, so you're fighting a pointless battle by trying to in-different the two. Sure, Way's comics might not be as action packed as Kelly's, but there's a time when every character needs to find themselves (I know, that was deep...). Heck, I'm pretty damn sure Spider-Man had tried to find himself some time or another. I've read countless issues of Spider-Man where there has been no action whatsoever and when there was action, he tried so hard there was no point to it.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @CrimsonComedian said:
    " @Vance Astro:  Spider-Man had his time, Wolverine had his time, the Hulk had his time, now it's Deadpool's turn... deal with it. Spider-Man and Deadpool are alike in the sense that they come up with witty remarks at a serious moment when trying to stop someone or something. Deadpool's also smart, seeing as how he brought down an entire ship of Skrulls by barely fighting. He out-witted them, causing them to fight eachother... let's see Spider-Man do that. And there's no doubt, if he were to do that, he'd bring comedy into the situation too, so you're fighting a pointless battle by trying to in-different the two. Sure, Way's comics might not be as action packed as Kelly's, but there's a time when every character needs to find themselves (I know, that was deep...). Heck, I'm pretty damn sure Spider-Man had tried to find himself some time or another. I've read countless issues of Spider-Man where there has been no action whatsoever and when there was action, he tried so hard there was no point to it. "
    Right,it does seem to be Deadpool's time to shine but unlike with characters like Spider-Man and Wolverine,there doesn't seem to be anything good coming out of it.His on-going sticks with Marvel's events,first it was Secret Invasion..now it's Dark Reign.And that's fine,but when you get to the end of it and you realize he did little to nothing to impact the outcome of the event you start to question why he was even there in the first place.Deadpool's miniseries',Suicide Kings and Merc with a Mouth sold very well.Maybe they should take Merc with a mouth and extended it to keep that storyline going.I believe that's the one that's going to have the Zombie Deadpool\Deadpool corps thing going on.For Deadpool that will be a big storyline.They are bringing in 3-4 new characters for his book and they all have some relation to him in someway.I don't see the point of stuffing him in Dark Reign in his on-going.His DR series should have been the miniseries.I have no gripes about the action in Deadpool comics.There is plenty of it.My beef with Deadpool comics is the over-saturation of humor and the sheer pointlessness to half of what he does.Deadpool isn't comparable to Spider-Man.I'm not even going to entertain that comparison.Spider-Man is Marvel's poster character.Their #1 like Superman to DC.Deadpool will never be on that level.Spider-Man does things in the Marvel U that actually change it,that actually have an impact.A major impact I'm not talking about Deadpool pretty much being responsible for Dark Reign.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By Jotham
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @joshmightbe said:

" @Vance Astro: well if its a comedy series like howard the duck then the humor is the point but yea deadpool writers can tend to not know when to quit "

It's not so much that they don't know when to quit,they don't know how to make the humor relevant to the story.It's rarely an instance where it ties-in.He's spewing jokes a mile a minute.When he asked Kitty Pryde if she ever played Street Fighter and than he uppercut her.That's the type of humor that sometimes appears in Deadpool's books that I find acceptable and flows with the story.I just feel like characters that cameo in his books get taken down a peg so that he looks good and it makes the character look bad and that has been happening since the volume 1 of his books. "
    I think one of the reasons for Deadpool is he does take other characters down a peg. Sometimes it works well. That aspect alone, though, would be hard to carry across a lot of Deadpool books.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jotham said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @joshmightbe said:

It's not so much that they don't know when to quit,they don't know how to make the humor relevant to the story.It's rarely an instance where it ties-in.He's spewing jokes a mile a minute.When he asked Kitty Pryde if she ever played Street Fighter and than he uppercut her.That's the type of humor that sometimes appears in Deadpool's books that I find acceptable and flows with the story.I just feel like characters that cameo in his books get taken down a peg so that he looks good and it makes the character look bad and that has been happening since the volume 1 of his books. "
    I think one of the reasons for Deadpool is he does take other characters down a peg. Sometimes it works well. That aspect alone, though, would be hard to carry across a lot of Deadpool books. "
    Yea,I agree.
    BioshadowTh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BioshadowTh

there is no such thing as to much deadpool!
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @BioshadowTh said:
    " there is no such thing as to much deadpool! "
    Of course there is.
    BioshadowTh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BioshadowTh

no theres not
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

In the opinion of some...there is.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By John Valentine

Marvel pushing a LIEFIELD-created joke character from the early 90s? It's hilarious.

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mv

I wish they put Deadpool in better stories if they're gonna push him like they are, i mean getting abducted by aliens ? Reallllly ?

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mutant X
    @MTS said:
    " I wish they put Deadpool in better stories if they're gonna push him like they are, i mean getting abducted by aliens ? Reallllly ? "
    That was just a little bonus for his "900th" issue. Nothing to be taken serious.

I think that Marvel is using Deadpool way too much. Two series of his own is plenty. No need for the rest. I agree with Vance when he said that Deadpool really isn't exactly crucial to Dark Reign, and they should have made that a mini-series, instead of corporating it into the actual ongoing.
    Diabolic AMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Diabolic AMK

I really like Deadpool. His recent comics Merc With The Mouth series are really good. 

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mavfan626
    "@Vance Astro said:

" @Vance Astro said:

I don't work at Marvel I wouldn't know.I do however know all the miniseries Deadpool was involved in was to help save his comic.They were experimental.Cable & Deadpool was the one that happened to work.Him piggybacking off of Wolverine could come from Daniel Way who was writing Deadpool being involved with both books and he just happened to again a buzz off of Wolverine,plus him being in the animated movie Hulk vs. Wolverine and in the live action Wolverine Origins movie.He's part of Wolvie's storyline.Sasquatch & Karnak are on teams and never really had a solo career.Why you would mention them is beyond me.I know what the hell the topic is.How Deadpool got popular was part of my response and is the reason why i'm tired of him and i'm sick of him being whored out..for him to do nothing of significance.If you didn't get the point of what I said..you should have never responded.  EDIT:I would assume they needed to find away to make Deadpool of all people popular because their other solo heroes don't have that problem.They generate their own buzz.Thor,Daredevil,Ghost Rider,Ms.Marvel,Wolverine,Spider-Man,& Iron Fist don't need help keeping their comic afloat. "
    Hey, you have a point.  Ghost Rider and Iron Fist are tearing up the shelves right now.  I forgot about that. If you're sick of Deadpool, than stop reading his books, and stop posting in DP forums.  Fewer aneurysms for everybody.   PS: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH VANCE! ;) "

hes not a buzz dude, deadpool could as big as spiderman and all the others and stay that way then what would you say then. everyone one has been over done at one point too and.. marval uses deadpool to boost most of there other characters anyway.. so its a two way street AND.. Its called supply on demaned

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @mavfan626 said:
    hes not a buzz dude, deadpool could as big as spiderman and all the others and stay that way then what would you say then. everyone one has been over done at one point too and.. marval uses deadpool to boost most of there other characters anyway.. so its a two way street AND.. Its called supply on demaned  "
    Deadpool was in danger of not having a comic not to long ago.Anyone could be as big as Spider-Man if someone actually gives them some attention.Just remember Spider-Man created his own buzz.He didn't have to appear in everyone else's comics and have team up mini-series to be popular.He was popular before he ever teamed up with anyone or had any cameos.There is no such thing with supply and demand in comics.One character could just as easily become popular as another with the right attention backing it.
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mavfan626
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @mavfan626 said:
    hes not a buzz dude, deadpool could as big as spiderman and all the others and stay that way then what would you say then. everyone one has been over done at one point too and.. marval uses deadpool to boost most of there other characters anyway.. so its a two way street AND.. Its called supply on demaned  "
    Deadpool was in danger of not having a comic not to long ago.Anyone could be as big as Spider-Man if someone actually gives them some attention.Just remember Spider-Man created his own buzz.He didn't have to appear in everyone else's comics and have team up mini-series to be popular.He was popular before he ever teamed up with anyone or had any cameos.There is no such thing with supply and demand in comics.One character could just as easily become popular as another with the right attention backing it. "

dude there not just gonna make comics that people dont like and thats what so cool about deadpool aswell he can just cruz the MU not have some story line that he has to stick to 
    and not have a reason to be places, hey maybe if they get him popular they could use him to get others a buzz  
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @mavfan626 said:
    dude there not just gonna make comics that people dont like and thats what so cool about deadpool aswell he can just cruz the MU not have some story line that he has to stick to and not have a reason to be places, hey maybe if they get him popular they could use him to get others a buzz   "
    Nobody is saying that.I don't know how you got that out of my post.What I said was,in comics there is no such things as supply and demand because with the right attention they could make a character who isn't as popular just as popular as Deadpool.Characters fall off all the time from lack of attention.There is plenty of Daredevil,Ghost Rider,Ms.Marvel,& She-Hulk fans out there and why is Deadpool become popular over them? Because Marvel created the demand for him.The odds of Deadpool making another character popular is slim.There isn't a single character that's every appeared in his books for the purpose of being one of his supporting characters that has ever become remotely popular.Agent X is about as popular as a Deapool character is going to get.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By sora_thekey

If you notice..... about a year ago... everybody was complaining of too much Wolverine... 

now Deadpool.... how come nobody has complained of too much Osborn....(he appears in alll of the Marvel books!) 

It's just a phase.... some moments a character will be showcased and have him/her appear on a bunch of titles.... 

At one point or another for some there was too much Spidey! (I can't believe I just sid that!)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @sora_thekey said:

" If you notice..... about a year ago... everybody was complaining of too much Wolverine...  now Deadpool.... how come nobody has complained of too much Osborn....(he appears in alll of the Marvel books!)  It's just a phase.... some moments a character will be showcased and have him/her appear on a bunch of titles....  At one point or another for some there was too much Spidey! (I can't believe I just sid that!) "

Because Osborn is the most important character right now.Him being in all those books makes sense.He's not randomly thrown in so fanboys can get a hard-on.He also doesn't come with his own rhetoric.When Deadpool appears in your book he drags the whole mood of the book into the tone of his books.
    The Sanguine Psychotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's just too much M.O.D.O.K. out there.  That guy is all over the place. Hahahahhahahahaha. Ha. Yeah.  hm. right.

voidroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By voidroid

It's a good thing.  Deadpool totally fits with the direction pop culture is going right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.